New Black Crowes Reissue Vinyl coming!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jeff kleinberg, Sep 30, 2013.

1. dvcarrick

dvcarrick Forum Resident

A UK based store - good place for vinyl!

2. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Bit pricey those preorders. £35 for Amorica?! Come on...

3. Zephead2112

Zephead2112 Forum Resident

My thoughts exactly! I wonder if they will be released in box format as a set. Has anyone heard anything along these lines?

4. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

Quite expensive to be honest - likely I'll only buy 3 Snakes as I have the first three on vinyl already.

I actually think the originals sound pretty good, so it'll be interesting how improved/different (if at all) these releases will be.

Wonder why no By Your Side or Lions?

5. I wonder why no anything in almost a year...

6. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

I think I had a preorder in for almost a year. Amazon finally cancelled it. Is being announced again? I can't find a product page on Amazon.

7. miinsane

miinsane Forum Resident

Wish this would hurry up and happen already.

roggae likes this.
  8. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Any freaking news on this front??

Logged on to our distributor today (Alliance), and the titles that used to show delay (the first 4 records) are now removed.

9. Well, that settles it then...

10. hailsuperchunk

hailsuperchunk Active Member

Is there maybe hope for the reissue-campaign starting this year? Amazon.com and some other outlets (f.e. SSD) began listing "Shake YMM" for pre-order again (7/31 - 24,98/24,99$). Fingers crossed. Also, the 2002 "Live"-album is seeing a re-release at the end of june.

11. YouKnowEyeKnow

YouKnowEyeKnow Forum Resident

They needs to get this done. Its been far too long of a wait for the fans.

12. Source?

13. hailsuperchunk

www.backonblack.com (just scroll down a little - they'll split the album in two double-LPs - one white one black with each release).

14. southamorican

southamorican Forum Resident

15. Further

Further Forum Resident

That can't be an official reissue. For one, it's not even the original artwork and two, it would have to be one complete album done as a 4LP set. Splitting it into Volume 1 and Volume 2 as two separate albums is just stupid. Thirdly, this is certainly not the Crowes at their peak and was only put together to fulfill a contractual obligation. I doubt this would ever be reissued by the band.

As for the the first 4 albums getting officially reissued on vinyl, it's high time and I wish they'd stop postponing / cancelling and get on with it.

16. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

I'm sure no one in the Crowes camp has any interest in doing this... The brothers aren't even speaking. My fear is that it will be a hasty cash grab if even done at all... These deserve a proper mastering/packaging release with bonus cuts etc... I'm not holding my breath.

17. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

That live album reissue is a joke. I don't think I ever listened to the full CD of that!

18. How does your third point reinforce the argument about it not being official? Not all reissues involve the artists.

Also, is Back On Black, Elusive Disc, SSD known for releasing bootlegs?

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  19. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

I was notified by Amazon that my order of SYMM from 2 years ago, will be delivered in July.

20. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

black sheriff likes this.
  21. Buda

Buda Forum Resident

Want By Your Side badly.... guess this thing will never arrive to that album...

Edit: ...and I'll have to stick buying the original for ridiculous prices. Anyone can shed a light if the sound is really kick-ass on that?

22. hailsuperchunk

Well, anybody who got their hopes up with the amazon-preorder (7/31, I believe it was) for "Shake your MM", can forget about it (again). They changed the date to 12/31/2020 and removed the possibitly to pre-order.

And the waiting continues...

23. attym

attym Forum Resident

That new live LP is from the 1991 tour (greek theater?) and the live album from 2002 is from their 2001 tour. Both have black and white crow-type artwork though.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  24. jeff kleinberg

jeff kleinberg Senior Member Thread Starter

this is ridiculous

theron d likes this.