New Complete Faust Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by gershbec, Jun 10, 2021.

1. cubist

cubist Forum Resident

That contains remixes of some vintage stuff, by Irmler I think. It looks to be a lovely artefact. If you go to faust-pages.com it has a list of releases including content and also some info about the mysterious Faust V cassette

2. I ordered the vinyl set through Amazon UK. Has anyone in the US received it or at least a shipping notice from Amazon? I’m not very confident that I going to get this even though I pre ordered a long time ago.

3. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

Don't they give you a delivery date?

They've got three in stock now! I think you need to check what's going on with your order.

4. irwin69

irwin69 Forum Resident

That is correct. I am a Citizen of NSK :)

5. Actually yes… they say Oct 18-22… but not yet shipped. You’re right in that I should be proactive.

6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

That is truly awesome, my friend!

7. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

I would guess that if they have three for sale left now, then your pre-order is safe.

Haggis Wampovich likes this.
  8. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

So it seems I will now have the CD set and the Vinyl set. Vinyl set ordered via jpc.de (with a good price to the US), has been in route since 10/10/21 with no actually delivery date yet, but it is in route via DHL with handoff to the USPS.

Just this morning, when I thought all hope was lost, I got a shipping notice from Amazon.co.uk that my CD order shipped, regardless of the fact that the amazon.co.uk website says and has said for a bit "temporarily out of stock". The date of delivery is now Friday, but based on the last shipment I got from amazon.co.uk and DHL express, I got my delivery 2 days earlier than expected.

So I guess, even though the CD version may be "sold out" (maybe not), there is still hope for those wanting it that there is stock slowly floating around.

Electric Sydney likes this.
  9. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

ImportCDs has the CD set listed as available for pre-order for $81.40, onsale 11/5. We'll see if they actually come through, though I've generally found them to be reliable.

10. tobyd

tobyd there can be only studio one

"Your Amazon.co.uk order of "1971-1974 [VINYL]" has been dispatched". Just got this notice, I'm in the States. Oooooo..

mr.datsun and Haggis Wampovich like this.
  11. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

I seem to recall reading somewhere about an in-depth Faust article in either Mojo or Record Collector. Can anyone confirm? And would it be the October issue or the November one?

12. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Mojo 335, October 2021! Six pages!

Electric Sydney, Tristero and Sytze like this.
  13. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Thank you!

Neonbeam likes this.
  14. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

Plus The Wire, and Electronic Sound, and Peoples Friend no doubt..

15. irwin69

irwin69 Forum Resident

Record Collector October 2021 - 6 Pages 'The Shock of the Old'

16. same here! I was afraid it was going to be a lost cause for a minute there…

17. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

That Cope book was my doorway to the genre. I went to my local record shop and amazingly they had original UK copies of Can, German copies of Popul Vuh and Harmonia which I snapped up (it was a great shop!). It took me longer to find Neu and Faust but I picked up mint Recommended releases of the later which I have enjoyed for 20 years plus now. My box will be with me tomorrow and I'm interested to hear how they sound.

18. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

CD or vinyl? Is there a consensus on a preference?

19. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Vinyl for me. I never stopped buying it - 37 years and counting - and I never plan to stop buying it

20. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

My CD set from Amazon.co.uk arrived today, after shipping yesterday, and I only paid the minimum shipping charge (which was still around 10 pounds UK). I got #373 out of 1,000. Still waiting for my LP set from JPC.de which shipped on 10/10/21.

21. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

I decided cds were enough. But i have original copies of album LP releases.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Neonbeam, Electric Sydney and cubist like this.
  22. cubist

cubist Forum Resident

I'd prefer the 3 new ones on vinyl if they were available separately. I already have the other 4 on vinyl in their original packaging which the ones in the box do not have (thinking mainly of the first two where the packaging is really essential imho, transparent and then all black). Then again CDs are handy for making rearranged versions which I like doing for this band and I'm not sure if the vinyl box has download codes

23. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

I have a vinyl box on order from Popmarket, and a CD box on order from Deep Discount. Fingers are crossed.

24. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

That's almost when I STOPPED buying vinyl! :)

Makes me nostalgic for when I bought the 200 CD Mozart 225 box (10 kg) from Amazon UK and paid 3.06 pounds to have it shipped to the West Coast, and it got here in 2 days!

My recent box shipments from JPC have taken about 3 weeks (echoed by many others in the Classical box set thread). There seem to be delays built into the chain at every step. The bonkers thing is that when it finally clears Customs the item usually shows up two days later! You just need to be patient, I'm afraid.

Jellis77 likes this.
  25. tobyd

tobyd there can be only studio one

Vinyl set arrived in DC yesterday, via Amazon(boooo).uk and it's a real thing of beauty. High quality box with a nice book of pictures and wonderful quality represses, dead flat and unblemished plates, nice jackets, printed inner sleeves and labels. The 45s are cool too. I've been buying records for 37 years or thereabouts too (49 now) and this past year has been something of a blowout with no slowing down in sight. Just need more shelves and especially more time! My Germany section just got a nice upgrade.