New Megadeth album due Sept 2022- First single released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mattright, Jun 23, 2022.

1. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Good Song.

If this album is at least as half as good as Dystopia, I will be pleased. I thought Dystopia was fantastic.

Been waiting for the official announcement and first single for a long time now since the album kept getting pushed back for various reasons (pandemic, Mustaine's cancer treatments, replacing Ellefson's parts he laid down, etc.)

I will be seeing them on September 28th in Cincinnati. Already bought the tickets back when they went on sale. I was hoping the album would be released before the concert. Cutting it close. ;)

2. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Sounds good, great riffage and performances on that first single

Ryan Lux, Sean, hi_watt and 3 others like this.
  3. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

The song is pretty great. Definitely harkens back to the old days. I haven't seriously considered buying a new Megadeth album in a very long time, but I might pick this one up. I love the cover, too. The video didn't do much for me, though.

pexie, jeffsab, Sean and 4 others like this.
  4. Dynamic Ranger

Dynamic Ranger Forum Resident

New single sounds awesome.
    Am super stoked to hear the new album in full. Can't wait!

5. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Sounds really good,I like it.

Sean, miller_time22 and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Excellent point. :D

Karate Chop likes this.
  7. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I actually haven’t paid close attention to Megadeth.After stumbling upon this song I had no idea when it was recorded.I’m tapping my foot thinking whoa this is cool!

8. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Instant buy for me. Song # 10 is based on an experience Dave had encountering a girl in a MegaDeth shirt who had no clue who the band was.

Pretty funny stuff

9. stodgers

stodgers Forum Resident

Man, if you haven't seriously considered it in years, then you missed Dystopia which is easily a top five album of theirs for me. But I will be waiting for the album release to listen to any of it. I made the mistake last time of listening to the first single and feeling off about it, then hearing the album and being blown away.

I would love to see the tour when it gets to my region, but 5FDP is not a band I have any interest in enduring. I get that they are trying to appeal to new audiences, but I really wish they'd pair up with a band more in their wheelhouse. When Faith No More toured with Korn, I was *so* wishing for a FMD/'Deth tour.

10. Ragged Glory

Ragged Glory Forum Resident

Great song. Like others here, I thought 'Dystopia' was a great album; probably their best since 'Endgame' and among their best ever. If the first track is any guide, this could be another scorcher. Looking forward to this one.

11. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

I like the energy but having only heard it once, I realized that if you remove the vocals, you wouldn't be able to tell that it's Megadeth. That's not a problem unique to Megadeth though. There are a lot of generic riffs out there these days and very few guitar melodies.

Edit: A new Megadeth album is better than no Megadeth album though, and it's heavy as it should be.

Purple, Sean, mattright and 1 other person like this.
  12. Ristifer

Ristifer Forum Resident

I'm a bit torn on this song. I like it. But it reminds me of a lot of post-2000s Megadeth. I guess that's the point. But I feel like this could be interchangeable with a lot of material on their latter-era albums.

I don't know. The more I hear it, the less I'm enthused by it. Still great to hear them again, but this is also the way I feel about post-reunion Maiden. Before their reunion, every album had such a unique flavour, with individual songs that wouldn't quite fit with other albums and their songwriting/production. After the reunion, it feels like any song could go on any album and you wouldn't really lose a step. Megadeth seems to have the same issue, where it's still quality, but there's a loss of uniqueness, of adventurous songwriting/sounds that would vault that next album above the previous efforts.

Still excited for the album. I am hopeful that there will be some surprises on there, and less lower-string chugging. But we will see!

13. RyanX

RyanX and get the priest as well

On the preorder page on their official site, the track listing only has 1-12.
    Megadeth | The Sick, The Dying… And The Dead

Is there going to be a special edition with the two cover songs?

edit to add that the pre-release listing on Apple Music shows all 14 tracks

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

so far the are listed on digital platforms but maybe target or somewhere will have it

RyanX likes this.
  15. RyanX

pexie, miller_time22, Sean and 2 others like this.
  16. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

target exclusive ordered !!
    can't wait to hear the Sammy Hagar cover tune with Sammy singing on it too !

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

18. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

Mustain said they used some blastbeat on at least one song, so this one is likely not the fastest on the album!

19. stodgers

stodgers Forum Resident

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Sean and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

sound quality issues notwithstanding, last I checked CDs were very much a physical format.

22. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Actually apologies my post should have said "2 tracks that will not be available in the UK on physical format."

The 14 track version is only available at Target who do not ship to the UK. We are just getting the 12 track version here on CD

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

As with Dystopia the 2 "bonus" tracks are digital only here in the UK, but you can't buy them separately. You have to purchase the whole album

I'll give them a skip this time.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. RyanX

The Target exclusive is probably USA only. I would assume there would be some version with the extras over there too?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

i'm sure the Japanese version will have the 2 bonus tracks as well.

Anonamemouse, Sean and Matthew Tate like this.