New music by ABBA - "Voyage" LP due Nov. 5, 2021*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MonkeysCantSwing, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Luxury_Liner

Luxury_Liner Senior Member

It's a new vocal. I think it was done last year or late 2016.

[​IMG]

2. Luxury_Liner

Luxury_Liner Senior Member

I never imagined I'd ever see these two in the same studio again...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Does this mean that there has to be a Mama Mia 3 movie?

GoodKitty and RickH like this.
  4. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

The tracklisting of Mama Mia: Here We Go Again has been released:

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again tracklisting revealed

It features The Day Before You Came. Very interesting. I wonder if some of the film will be a tense, psychological thriller, about a newly single woman (played by Meryl Street) being pursued by a mystery man?!

Nah, of course not. It will be about a load of silly arses running around a Greek Island and singing off key.

Needless to say, this film's earnings will be equivalent to the GDP of a medium sized country.

5. Zeus555

Zeus555 Forum Resident

In a late July interview with 'The Economist' Bjorn said that the 1st of the 2 New ABBA Singles
    - 'I Still Have Faith In You' - will no longer be released in December this Year. It has been delayed
    until 'Early 2019'.

It was supposed to be sung, (mimed), by the 'ABBAtars', (Holograms), in the 2 hour Global ABBA
    Tribute Show in December. That is being broadcast by the BBC and NBC. The Holograms depict
    ABBA as they were in 1979, using state of the art technology. I've no idea if the 2 hour Tribute Show
    is still going ahead, now that the highlight of it - the introduction of the New ABBA Single - is no
    longer going to happen.

There may be something going wrong with the 'ABBAtars' idea. Frida recently admitted that the 'Project'
    is not working out like ABBA expected. ABBA have previously said that if they cannot get the 'ABBAtars'
    right, then the entire idea will be scrapped.

So, 'I Still Have Faith In You', (described as 'Timeless' by Bjorn), has been delayed until early 2019. The
    2nd New ABBA Single - 'Don't Shut Me Down' - is described as an up-tempo Pop Tune. That Single is
    to be released later in 2019. Maybe between March and June.

There may well be a 3rd New ABBA Single in 2019. Benny and Bjorn have stated that they 'Have a new song
    in mind'. That it will not be revealed until the 'ABBAtars' start Touring. Of course, that leaves Song 3 in doubt,
    if ABBA cancel the 'ABBAtars' idea, due to it not working out from a technological angle...

In the meantime, Benny & Bjorn are opening a 'Mamma Mia!' themed Restaurant at The O2 Arena in London,
    with a Dance Floor too. A lot of ABBA Fans think that such uses of ABBA's Music are rather cheap and 'tacky'.

I dislike the 'Mamma Mia!' Films. Many ABBA Fans said that a 2nd one should not be made, as it was bound to
    flop. Apparently, sequels to Musicals are doomed, as 'Grease 2' was a huge flop in 1982. However, the 2 'Mamma
    Mia!' Films have ABBA Songs. A big advantage.

The 1st 'Mamma Mia!' Film is the UK's 11th 'All Time' Box Office success. The 2nd Film is 17th. So, both Films are
    in the Uk's 'All Time' Top 20 Films...

6. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Scrap the ABBAtars and just record a new album. Yeesh.

7. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Sorry but Agnetha's bottom is waaaay too small here. Hopefully the delay is to fix that.

MikaelaArsenault and GoodKitty like this.
  8. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

You gotta be freakin' kidding! Exhibit 101 of why women don't much hang out on this forum. Talking about their body parts? Geez!

Jarleboy, Glass Candy and bob60 like this.
  9. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs.

<eye roll>

women dont hang out on this forum because they, for the most part, and this is a generalization but I believe it to be true in many cases (not all of course)

... are not audiophiles and dont listen to music like audiophiles do.

I've been on a zillion forums, I started way back in Usenet in the late 90s. Sure there would be SOME women who might be put off by something like that... but honestly, for the most part, most women told me they frankly expected men to say things like that, its just biology talking. AND they also said, "women say all that and much much WORSE.... in private to each other".

the level of PC on here sometimes is unbelievable. Agnetha had a superior rear, she knew it, and everybody knew it. Wearing those catsuits was HER decision, after all.

alexpop, BoogieFish, Rhett and 4 others like this.
  10. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I cant believe I am even reading this.
    I got (thinly veiled) homophobic crap thrown at me three weeks ago for having Cagney & Lacey as my aviator pic! of course it was on a testosterone fuelled Beatles thread. Oh the irony..
    The level of sexism on here sometimes beggars belief. On a thread discussing how a female band member had spoken out about being raped and sexually assaulted by her manager and others back in the day, we were told to stop discussing this because these women 'are nasty'. This was before recentish events so hopefully that wont happen again.
    I know much of the music discussed on here is from the 60's and 70's, but outside in the real world things have changed, including macho non PC crap.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  11. maxwell2323

maxwell2323 Forum Resident

Benny and Bjorn need to get with Cirque De Soleil.

Another famous person approached them a while back and it turned out really well. I want to say he was from Liverpool.

12. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Ken Dodd perhaps?

13. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Om

:agree: :D :agree: :love: :agree: :p :agree: :laugh: :righton:

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  14. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Om

Care to say which one that is ? ..... and is talk of bootlegs/ROIOs allowed there ? :shh:

I have to think there are some really strong non-disclosure agreements involved with everyone who has anything to do with their current projects.

The ending of the video for Under Attack is rather symbolic and effective ...

Is it the helicopter ?? I'd be very surprised ...

Wow ......... :confused: Link for that Frida admission ?

I refuse to look .... I try and pretend that they don't really exist.

Now that could be great .... I'm kinda surprised it hasn't already happened.

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  15. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

That and the Yes threads.

GoodKitty likes this.
  16. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Well, they have a Bell 47 helicopter and it looks like the one on the cover. Do you think they might have gone out and bought a different Bell 47 helicopter on the used market so they could have something to display in the museum?

Are the outfits and other memorabilia they have on display of questionable provenance?

[​IMG]

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  17. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Om

:oops: Sorry if it seemed there was some attitude in my post, I didn't mean it that way.
    You said "the helicopter from the cover of the Arrival LP." For all I know, maybe it is the one, and how awesome would that be ?! ... But yeah, I'm gonna guess that it is a different one ... still neat.
    I know nothing about anything that's at the museum, so I am not questioning its provenance.:righton:
    (Oh! but when I bought the Live At Wembley vinyl from a seller, he included as a bonus a book from the museum (so he said, and I believe him) .... so that's my little connection to the place.)

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  18. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I’m not a huge Abba fan, so i actually have no idea. I did visit the museum because I happened to walk past it when I was in Stockholm. I wasn’t upset or anything, just actually wondering if you had some reason for thinking it was not authentic.

MikaelaArsenault and GoodKitty like this.
  19. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

I think we can assume all artifacts in museums are authentic, unless stated otherewise.

sathvyre likes this.
  20. Zeus555

Zeus555 Forum Resident

As I said in an earlier Post, Frida has hinted that ABBA are having problems getting The 'ABBAtars' to work properly.

Now Bjorn has announced, that the Global TV ABBA Tribute Special, is not going to be broadcast in December
    after all. It is a joint venture by NBC, (USA), and the BBC. It was due to be shown Globally on Tuesday December
    18th, this Year. He even said that the 2 New Songs are 'Not ready'! However, I find that very hard to believe. ABBA
    recorded them in June 2017. They told us about them in April of this Year. The recordings were 10 Months old, by
    then. Now it is September 2018, and Bjorn is saying that the 2 New Songs are still not finished. But, ABBA have
    already had from June 2017 to September 2018 to get them right. The 2 Songs can't be that hard to perfect, to how
    ABBA want them to sound. It was silly of them to tell us about them, in April, if they were still working on them...

The 1st New ABBA Song - 'I Still Have Faith In You' - was going to be the highlight of the TV Special, with The 'ABBAtars'
    miming to it. We will not hear that Song until well into 2019 now.

The TV Special will be shown in 'Spring' 2019. Which would be anytime from March to June. If it goes ahead.

We will also not hear the 2nd New ABBA Song - 'Don't Shut Me Down' - until then.

Benny was going to write a 3rd New ABBA Song for The 'ABBAtars'. That Song will very likely be scrapped, if they
    decide to cancel The 'ABBAtars' Tour.

The rumours are, that there are some kind of 'Technical Problems' in getting The 'ABBAtars' to look 'right', when they
    mime to ABBA Songs.

With the time that it is all taking, ABBA may as well use the time to give up on using The 'ABBAtars' for Tours, and just
    record a New ABBA Album. They can then use The 'ABBAtars' in the Videos for 'Singles' from it. ABBA have Zero wish
    to perform, as they look these days. The 'ABBAtars' look as ABBA did in 1979. They could use them in Videos. A lot of
    Fans would rather have an ABBA Album, than a Tour by 'Holograms'. Most of the ABBA Fans, that I know, think that
    The 'ABBAtars' are a very risky idea and a waste of ABBA's efforts. If those Fans can't see the 'Real' ABBA, on Stage, they'd
    rather not see them in 'Hologram' form. They feel that a New Album would be far more exciting...

21. maxwell2323

maxwell2323 Forum Resident

Well, in the meantime, while we are waiting, we still have Faux Abba.....

22. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

...and this museum rocks !!!

GoodKitty likes this.
  23. Zeus555

Zeus555 Forum Resident

ABBA may well be recording an entire New Album. In the past, ABBA have always said that
    a New Album is 'out of the question'. That a couple of New Songs is as far as they are prepared
    to go. Now Bjorn is dropping hints that a New ABBA Album is 'possible'. Which leads me to
    suspect, that they enjoyed recording the 2 New Songs so much, in June 2017, that they have
    decided to go ahead and record at least 8 more songs, to 'surprise' their Fans with an Album.
    If they do record one, it is likely to be well into 2019 before it is released. They would want it
    to be tied in with the 2 Hour BBC/NBC ABBA TV 'Special' that is now due to be shown in March
    to June 2019. It may be later than that, if a New Album is not finished in time...

From: 'The Evening Standard' -- Tuesday 2nd October 2018:

Are ABBA about to release a new album?

Iconic band tease new material — but don't expect them to perform again

ABBA co-founder Björn Ulvaeus has hinted that the band could release a new album — 37 years after the release
    of their last, The Visitors.

The news comes as the Swedish group prepare to release their first songs in decades.

Speaking to A List he said: “A new album, possibly. Or four songs or something like that — that’s possible.
    But for us to perform on stage that’s just not going to happen. That’s a definite.”

Ulvaeus, 73, recently reunited with bandmates Agnetha Fältskog, Benny Andersson, and Anni-Frid Lyngstad to write and
    record new songs, one of which, I Still Have Faith In You, will debut on the BBC in December. ***

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

*** Note -- Both the BBC and ABBA now say that the BBC/NBC ABBA 'Special' is 'delayed' until Spring 2019.
    Therefore, 'I Still Have Faith In You' will also, not be 'revealed' to ABBA Fans, until then...

24. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

It's more likely the ABBA robots idea failed, so they had to come up with a new gambit to get the media's attention - hence the full album.

25. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Om

:-popcorn: tick tock tick tock tick tock tick ..... :sigh:

Billy_Sunday and adriatikfan like this.