New/Old finds in your own collection?!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ash316, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ash316

Ash316 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Anything found thought long gone or total forgot about?

2. Ash316

Ash316 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I recently found some of my dad's old Lps I played growing up, most of them have more grooves than a 70's disco!! "not my fault" :/

3. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

Joe Walsh- There Goes The Neighborhood lp............I seriously don't remember buying this album? Where did it come from?

deredordica and c-eling like this.
  4. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

A month ago, I forced myself to go into the CD pile (finally below 600 unopened discs!) and pull out an album that I never listened to but seemed hot on at the time of purchase. My grab was Field Of Fire by ex-Television guitarist Richard Lloyd, reissued by Reaction Records. (I bought it at Vertigo Records in Grand Rapids in the middle of '08, or at least so says the price tag.)

Created in 1985, released in 1987, and revisited in 2007, it's a solid rock album then ('80s production aside) and now, and it stayed in my car for a few days straight. Oh, and the title track -- the '80s version, a marvel of fluidity and ferocity, a five-minute guitar explosion grafted into a 3:30 foundation -- is right up there with Television's best work. Highly recommended.

5. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

Last night I went up in my attic looking for some old Buzzcocks albums to play when I got sidetracked looking at Christmas albums. I looked in this old box and found my old beat up (unplayable) copy of Gene Autry Sings Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer. No cover just the record. I played this record when I was about 5 or 6 years old (late sixties) and had no idea it was still around.
    [​IMG]

6. Hey Vinyl Man

Hey Vinyl Man Another bloody Yank down under...

Halfway through college, I bought Jimmy Buffett's box-set and soon wanted more. Somewhere along the line I remembered I had bought Hot Water when it was new in 1988. Since Hot Water is widely considered his worst album, it was no surprise that I didn't explore his catalog any further until years later and went back to just enjoying "Margaritaville" and "Come Monday" when they came on the radio. But for a more established fan, it does have some great deep cuts, as I was pleased to discover when I finally dug it out and gave it another listen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.