SH Spotlight New Photos from Creedence LP Mastering Sessions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Good questions.

If I was doing a CD mastering instead of an LP mastering? Same thing to me. Just the best sound possible. Format doesn't matter.

When we do some digital versions of these titles (when Acoustic Sounds is ready), we'll let you know!

Kevin is on a WWII era B-17 flight crew. He is totally into World War II and 1940's--1950's aircraft. Neat, eh?

2. Steve Hoffman

Re: RTI: TOURS?

Probably. Click on "Record Technology Inc. on my homepage links and give them a call.

3. Paul Chang

Paul Chang Forum Old Boy, Former Senior Member Has-Been

Master Steve,

The Boeing B-52 Stratofortress was designed in the 1950's and went into service in the 1960's and many are still in active service - last seen dropping bombs on the Taliban and Al-Qaida forces over Afghanistan. The WWII era bombers, just to name a few, are B-17 Flying Fortress, B-24 Liberator, B-25 Mitchell and B-29 Superfortress. Did you mean to say "Kevin is on a Vietnam War era B-52 flight crew"? Wizard Kevin doesn't look old enough to be a WWII veteran. :confused:

4. Steve Hoffman

I meant B-17.

Kevin wasn't in WWII. Too young. He's just "into" it. He loves to hang around the old WWII flyers and talk about battles and courage. He knows all the surviving Doolittle Raiders and has original blueprints of their B-25's, etc.

He's been to all the old B-17 air bases in England (like Duxford). He's on one of the crews of a restored B-17. Amazing aircraft! In fact, I think he's going back in a few months to England for a reunion there. He wants to talk to all the old flyers before they vanish off the earth.

I know that feeling too!

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I'm bored. Very bored. ;)

Attached Files:

6. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Dr. Hoffman

Sckott,

"It's Alive!".

Bob ;)

7. Sckott

Only if we really knew what those two levers did. :p

8. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Sckott,

One is for a 5db boost on the EQ at 8khz and the other is for 2X of compression!...just kidding! ;)

Actually, those are sliders for the amount of "breath of life".

Bob

9. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Thanks for the wallpaper, Sckott! Hope you don't mind! :D

Crank that handle Steve!

And, Bob, the Breath of Life in not a switch or a slider - it's a knob! ;)

10. wes

wes Senior Member

Great Pictures!!! Much appreciated Steve......It's nice to get visuals of your remastering environment......and info about the tapes and equipment.....Very fascinating...

-Wes

11. wes

wes Senior Member

Sckott, that looks like Steve in a Dexter's Laboratory cartoon........

:D

-Wes

12. John Oteri

John Oteri New Member In Memoriam

This is an awesome description by the way. This is the first time I've ever clearly understood why a tape machine needs "setting up".

Has anyone ever told you that you should write a book? :p

13. Sckott

I did. He won't listen to me. (Snif, Snif)

14. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Guess I should start a new thread or something......... can Kevin come and play on your forum? ;)

I know a pilot who trained Canadian & other Commonwealth pilots under the BCATP in WWII. Guess what - he's over 80 and STILL flies (commercial pilot's license)! He never fought in the war but the Vancouver Ferry was never the same. ;)

He still has a prop from a 'plane that he crashed. Amazing guy!

15. John Oteri

Maybe there is enough material on this forum and the old DCC forum to collate into one? :)

16. Steve Hoffman

17. SonicZone

SonicZone Senior Member

Love these photos, Steve!

More! More! MORE! (with apologies to Andrea True) :D

18. Hey, Steve: I just voted with my wallet last week on this whole project! I've already preordered two copies each of the first five albums and plan to do the same when "Pendulum" and "Mardi Gras" get a catalog listing from Acoustic Sounds. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Chad and his gang are able to arrange licensing for those digital reissues you mentioned earlier in this thread!
    Just took delivery today on "C.C.R." and "Green River" and am looking forward to receiving the others in the next shipment. Thanks again for all the dedicated efforts from you and Kevin! Everybody on the Forum definitely appreciates it!:D

19. Matt

Matt New Member

For a modest-sized one, definitely. It's amazing how fast the pages I print out have accumualted, even at 10 point Times New Roman font.

20. Sckott

Steve has a lot more stories folks, but most of them are from personal experiences that might upset (or excite) something or someone, I'm sure. We all have "at-work" stories. I would always be hoping for four chapters of Radiodaze and MCA alone.

Steve does have a very lively and thoughtful, narritive writing style. The book would certainly be somewhat of a Harry Potter for audiophiles. But I think Steve should seriously writing a book someday, down the road.

I always had a joke, that if he ever did write a book, he could narrate, engineer and master his own audiobook over the VACs. :p He works cheap for himself, I hear!

21. Steve Hoffman

Thanks, Sckott.

Sounds like a lotta work to me....

:)

22. John Oteri

So Steve,

Have you had a chance to hear the test pressings yet?

Happy with them?

23. Steve Hoffman

Haven't heard anything yet. Maybe tomorrow.

24. J Epstein

J Epstein Member

Believe it or not, I have an audio-buddy who reads for audiobooks.

25. Sckott

Just get James Earl Jones for the vox of Steve Hoffman. Put THAT on the tubes!

Breath of life meets Breath Of Darth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.