New Proac Tablette 10 - same size as LS3/5a

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ls35a, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

In 20 years that's the first time I've ever heard ProAc described as that!

Andy Saunders likes this.
  2. Soundsense

Soundsense Forum Resident

That's good to hear. I have read a variety of older forum opinions about earlier Tablettes having a tipped up balance. Perhaps that was the subjective listening outcome of there not being a sufficiency of bass energy to round out the speaker's sound. I myself have never heard a pair.

3. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

Agreed.

Every pair of ProAcs l have owned have sounded rolled at the top.... in my system/room/tastes.:)

4. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Spendor S3/5 - good speaker, easy to live with. The Harbeths are a bit better, so are the Falcons. The Stirling is not what it used to be, uses a different driver now (no accouncement of that fact anywhere, I found this out from buying a pair).

5. Soundsense

I owned the Stirlings before. I'm surprised at the driver change. They were really excellent, but I wanted more bass in my room.
    I found them to be in a more refined category than the Spendor S3/5r2, though those are, too, very good speakers, which I owned in the past.
    The Proac Tablette 10 seem to be easier to place, and they sound exciting by reputation, thus my interest.

6. ls35a

I have Tablette 10's. They are my favorite LS3/5a sized speaker and sound great in a bookcase against the wall. Couldn't do that with the other speakers

bhazen and Echoes Myron like this.
  7. Soundsense

Yes, I struggled with bass bumps with other UK small box monitors, so I'm encouraged by your report.

8. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

I thought the thread name was a misspelling for New Prozac Tablet.

Pater Aeneae, willboy and bhazen like this.
  9. Omnio

Omnio _ _ _ ____ ____ _ _ _

These little devils are insanely good sounding in my smallish room. Holy molly, I literally can't stop listening to them. Now I can't stop thinking how the Signatures would sound though. Seriously, even through my basic Yamaha receiver hooked up to my tv and laptop (via HDMI) sounds just spectacular. I never had the same excitement with other speakers before. I'm in the pink indeed. But I can't stop thinking how big of an upgrade the Signature would be...

10. Andy Saunders

This exactly how l feel about mine- one of the most musical speakers l have heard- they get better and better with top notch electronics as well.:D

shutdown66 and Don Parkhurst like this.
  11. Omnio

Have you ever had the chance to compare the signature to the basic 10 edition?

12. Andy Saunders

No, l was advised by ProAc themselves to purchase the vanilla model as the Siggies were a tad more " analytical" that l know of a couple of folk in the UK say the Signature is a definate step up.

Omnio likes this.
  13. Omnio

Oh man, don't tempt me.

14. Ulises

Ulises Forum Resident

Well that’s good to know and diminishes my desire to upgrade. Often listen to my tab 10s for hours on end while working in my home office. I’m definitely not looking for a more analytical sound. I love how fun and fatigue-free the tabs are while still giving me plenty of resolution. Great speaker.

15. Andy Saunders

Just plugged my Tab 10's back in the system after a month or so of Audionote speakers...… the K's are superb..... however there is something about the Fab 10 that is addictive!:edthumbs::edthumbs:

Little heads up, under my Target R4 speaker stands replaced the standard spikes with Soundcare Superspikes…. ( just to make the speakers easier to move around and not get impaled on the spikes) a very nice lift in sound quality considering the R4's sit on Townsend Podiums- really surprised me the Superspikes.:D

16. Andy Saunders

The Tablette 10s are going...……

Because they are blooming musical...… l need to be doing things round the house and other errands, and not listening to music all day!:D

Echoes Myron and bhazen like this.
  17. Larry I

Larry I Senior Member

A few years ago, a dealer in the Washington DC area had a room at the Capital Audiofest that appeared to have only a pair of Tablettes, a laptop providing music, and a small tube integrated amplifier. A lot of people that came to the room, went on a hunt for the subwoofer or anything else that would account for the fantastic sound from this simple setup. Actually, there was a hidden secret--an Audio Note DAC 5 was sort of hidden from view. In a sense this is cheating--the DAC 5 alone costs many multiples of the rest of the system combined--but, it also illustrates that the Tablettes and the amp were plenty good enough to take advantage of the sound of a top-tier DAC in the system. It is a speaker system that can be at home in a really fine system.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  18. Andy Saunders

Had a day off today from work and have listened to sounds all day- the coherence and balance of these speakers are insane, as well as defying the laws of physics some what, songs that have not been played in a while have a new lease of life.

( Sorry if this sounds like a sales pitch) but these are a fun pair of loudspeakers.:goodie:

TEA FOR ONE and bhazen like this.
  19. sltslde

sltslde New Member

Hello Hifi Kenny,

I have the ProaAc Tablet 10 (not signature) since a few months but they are currently on TV stand which is certainly not ideal to get the best sound from them.
    I am looking for speaker stands and I found 2 options:
    - the Atacama HMS1-TS 600 (Pair) which is reasonably priced ~ 275 €
    - the Music Tool One which is really more expensive ~ 1150 €

Did you compare them before making your choice or did you directly chose the Atacama HMS1-TS 600?

The ProAc official documentation advises some Atacama speaker stands but the Music Tool One top plate fits exactly the ProcAc Tablet 10 (and signature) dimensions whereas the Atacama top plate is 1cm less than the speaker on each side.

How can it affect the sound?

Can you post a picture of your Atacama Stands with the 10 signatures on them (it's very hard to find picture of them on the Internet)?
    Are you still happy of them?

Thanks,
    sltslde.

20. ls35a

www.skylanstands.com

Best stand I've ever used and in forty years of buying little Brit monitors I've tried a LOT of stands.

basie-fan likes this.
  21. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

I just bought a pair of these so that I can occasionally listen to a different flavor. Shipping soon.

22. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

Nice, Art. Standard version I assume? I will be interested to read your comparison of their sound with the P3's.

Art K and Andy Saunders like this.
  23. Andy Saunders

24. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Yes, standard version. I bought them used off Agon. There were two pair there and I made an offer on the mahogany set, which was accepted. I rarely buy used but I love having more than one set of speakers. The Proac’s are also tube friendly so that could be fun in the future. First let’s see if I even like them. I certainly don’t expect them to be as good as my P3’s. I’m looking forward to giving them a go.

Dream On and Andy Saunders like this.
  25. ls35a

On tubes it's quite likely you might prefer them to the P3's. I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.