New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Congrats Shane, you deserve it!
    I hope you see a huge bump in sales, both directly and through your on-line partners.
    i've seen it happen before with Mikey's reviews!

IR Shane likes this.
  2. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Don't give up IRShane- regroup, recharge and come back strong with more great records!

3. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

hamicle and IR Shane like this.
  5. Awesome prices on the SACDs. Any fan of music should get Gene Clark's White Light on SACD for that price, not to mention the Stealers Wheel. Both sound fantastic in DSD. Because I know they will end up going for more once Shane has sold them out.

IR Shane likes this.
  6. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Thinking about buying some stuff but I don't see where to add to cart. HELP!

7. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I've seen people post similar things before, but I have never had a problem. Do you have an Ad Blocker installed on your browser? It could be a false-positive that is preventing the "Buy Now" button from loading.

AlienRendel likes this.
  8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

If you go back about a month in the thread, you'll see why a SACD is very unlikely.

9. mtruslow

mtruslow Forum Resident

Yes, I did go back on the thread and I understand why an SACD unlikely. Well, a guy can hope, right?? I really just wanted it for the US Remix which has never been available on a CD.

IR Shane likes this.
  10. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I want to set some expectations here too- We are thankful but SWAMPED with orders already!

it will take a couple weeks to get these packed and shipped, I can tell already.

And to another point, I raised the prices up on the two Judee Sill records. Heart Food especially is a little low!

So, I'm glad people from here scored!

Kyhl, Satchidananda, Revolver and 7 others like this.
  11. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Can I blame this on autocorrect? :D :hide:

Ryan_Pretzel and IR Shane like this.
  12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

YES you can! All is forgiven.

ad180 likes this.
  13. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Just ordered the triple bundle of Joe Jackson. Hope this helps you Shane. I have the Marshall Crenshaw and Billy Squier lps and they are superb in every way. I hope you succeed. I was really looking forward to that Smithereens release.

azideam, googlymoogly and IR Shane like this.
  14. Forget Yourself

Forget Yourself Forum Resident

hamicle, jimhb, ad180 and 1 other person like this.
  15. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

hamicle, Mike6565 and ad180 like this.
  16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I went ahead and ordered three items that I am not remotely familiar with including the Murray Head LP. Looking forward to hearing these!

IR Shane, jlf, funknik and 1 other person like this.
  17. funknik

funknik He who feels it.

Looks like it’s all sold out

IR Shane likes this.
  18. Larry Loves LPs

Larry Loves LPs Forum Resident

After getting the Judee Sill records and Matthew Sweet Girlfriend, I just picked up Matthew Sweet 100% fun. Another incredible job done.

19. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

100% Fun was my first IR album. It’s a thrill to listen to and sounds fantastic.

IR Shane, PhantomStranger and jimhb like this.
  20. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Alright @IR Shane you got me. I've no way to spin vinyl but I bought Burritos 2. I am hoping when the dust settles, if possible, that you'll consider regular CD releases (assuming that reduces cost) or at the very least high bit rate digital downloads. I'm going from a dinky NYC apt to moving/working elsewhere so it'll be a while before I get another place where I can set up my rig, let alone spin vinyl. I'm dying to hear your mastering of Cody, Cody but until my own dust settles I'll lug around the vinyl, thinking "Someday..."

IR Shane likes this.
  21. snkcube

snkcube Forum Resident

The Gene Clark - White Light SACD is an excellent release and I highly recommend getting it! It is hauntingly beautiful to listen to.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  22. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

That's great to hear because I ordered SACDs for that and Stealers Wheel even though I know nothing about them other than Shane's description on the website. They were hard to pass up at those sale prices.

IR Shane likes this.
  23. snkcube

snkcube Forum Resident

You're in for a treat. Kevin Gray mastered both titles and they sound amazing.

D.B., AlmanacZinger, sonofjim and 3 others like this.
  24. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Almost Criminal. Wonderland is worth every penny of the original asking price, and more IMO. $9.99? Shame on you if you don’t buy it.

I have many OOP records currently selling for hundreds of dollars each on line that weren’t done anywhere nearly as well. Not even close.

hamicle, D.B., jimhb and 2 others like this.
  25. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

My advise? Buy more, as many as you can before you can’t.