New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANKS!
    THANKS!

Juggsnelson and tmtomh like this.
  2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANKS!
    THANKS!

Juggsnelson likes this.
  3. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I've told this story here before but with this SACD coming it makes sense to reiterate. The vinyl has been cut for almost TWO YEARS. Eyeballing the program length I licensed for single 33. When Kevin and I went to cut it, due to certain tracks' lengths, we'd have had to compromise. So I told Ume we wanted to do it as double 45s and they said OK, they'd reprice it and get back to me. I keep asking and it's been two years.

It may be regular weight to keep the pricing in line. I want it to be $35-$40. Depends on what they come back with. But the vinyl is AMAZING!

That said, listening to the SACD and CD refs the other day, I'm blown away. It's so much bigger, explosive and involving than ever before!

4. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANKS!

Craig and Juggsnelson like this.
  5. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Kevin found the DSD files for Look Sharp and Night and Day ... I'm efforting these.

6. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANKS!!!

Juggsnelson and hutlock like this.
  7. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Those are some unusually fine choices!

I LOVE every one of those albums!

8. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANKS!

Juggsnelson and JDeanB like this.
  9. julsay

julsay Forum Resident

I too ordered the Body and Soul sacd shortly after receiving the e-mail. Bring on the rest of the Joe J titles to sacd !

10. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

Is anyone else having problems ordering (and pre-ordering) through the IR web site? I can add items to my cart, but can't checkout. I'll try a different brower.

By the way - Shane, if you're reading this - PLEASE find a way to reissue Girlfriend and Altered Beast on SACD. Ditto for Marshall Crenshaw's Field Day. Ditto three times for Joe Jackson's Look Sharp, I'm the Man and Night and Day.

11. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

Can't check out on either Chrome or Safari.

12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

GF, Look Sharp and Night and Day on SACD are very real. Stay tuned.

Field Day no way. Can't give the LPs away.

George P, tenor1, tmtomh and 7 others like this.
  13. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

Never mind the the checkout issue - I didn't realize there was a pop up window (which, in my case, was hidden behind another window).

Shane - No Altered Beast on SACD?

Another plug for the Smitereens Capitol/Enigma albums on Vinyl and SACD: Especially for You (with bonus Beauty and Sadness EP), Green Thoughts, 11 and Blow Up. Easily up there with Matthew Sweet's Zoo catalog as the best Power Pop catalog from the 80s and 90s.

IR Shane and JeffreyB like this.
  14. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

I used Chrome with no issues. How are you trying to check out? Do you get to the part where you enter your info and then shipping options?

Edit: Never mind, I just saw your reply. :tiphat:

IR Shane and Juggsnelson like this.
  15. stever

stever Senior Member

I appreciate all the 80’s titles you’ve done and are working on, and the ones being tossed around here. Titles like, Girlfriend, Especially For You, and Starfish — those are memorable 80’s albums for a lot of us. Hopefully, you’re seeing good sales beyond this forum.

IR Shane and Juggsnelson like this.
  16. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Shane, is the licensing different if you cut the album as a 33 rpm double album instead of 45rpm? For example, the 30th anniversary release of Guns N' Roses' Appetite For Destruction is an example of an album cut as 33rpm double album.

Also, how do you ship an order with in stock and pre-order items? Do you wait until all the items are in stock or you ship them as soon they are available? Thanks! :)

17. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Double LPs whether 45 or 33 cost twice as much for the LP and center label costs.

For overseas I can't eat shipping twice for mixed orders. I'd recommend ordering anything in stock on one order and pre-orders separate.

Crazysteve, Geee! and MemoInPR like this.
  18. tomd

tomd Senior Member

Thanks! Shane-what albums would you like to do but so far have not been mentioned on this thread?

JeffreyB, IR Shane and Echo like this.
  19. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Thanks for the quick reply!

I ordered the Mathew Sweet's Expanded Studio Album Bundle back in February and it was shipped Media Mail (BTW, wonderful sound and presentation!).

Since Medial Mail shipping is really cheap to Puerto Rico, I will order the titles as suggested. Thanks!

Juggsnelson and IR Shane like this.
  20. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

The La’s album is one of my favorite albums of all time. I already own an original UK LP but would buy both vinyl and SACD!

Juggsnelson, Jarleboy and IR Shane like this.
  21. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I'd like to keep those close to my chest. And I have a few things already mastered to work on before new new projects come up.

22. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

I suppose this is wishful thinking considering how poor the sales were for Marshall Crenshaw's Field Day. But Tommy Keene's Songs from the Film has a similar history. The album was actually recorded twice - once with Don Dixon & T-Bone Burnett producing, and then again with Geoff Emerick producing (or, rather, over-producing). The Emerick version was released, but several of the Dixon/Burnett tracks were released on the Run Now EP. If there were any justice in this world, the complete Dixon/Burnett sessions would receieve some form of official release. I'd love to see a 2-LP version of Songs From the Film, containing both versions of the album on separate LPs, though I'd happily settle for a vinyl reissue of Songs From the Film with a bonus Run Now EP.

23. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

C'mon man. Just sayin. Lots of great records we all love, that have no hope in hell in selling any quantities. I mean, Marshall Crenshaw's album is great and people have heard of him ...

24. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I really appreciate the enthusiasm. This is just not realistic I'm afraid.

Juggsnelson and Deano6 like this.
  25. Jarleboy

Jarleboy Music was my first love

Now, I happen to know - or think? - that Janis Ian owns the rights to her 70s albums...........?

He, he. Sony were supposed to release them all, remastered with lots of bonus tracks, in 2018. Five or six of them appeared, and they sounded great, but there was nary a bonus track among them. So they were obviously not big sellers, and I doubt that we´ll see the remaining masterpieces.

Having said that, I would love to see "STARS", "AFTERTONES", "NIGHT RAINS" and "RESTLESS EYES" on SACD. Wouldn´t midn the rest, either, to be honest. But I doubt that will ever happen, unless the lady herself decides to release them herself. She knows her sound quality, but I don´t think she has ever considered SACD for any other albums than "BREAKING SILENCE". Which I bought, of course. Super sound!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Juggsnelson and IR Shane like this.