New Savoy Brown album Witchy Feelin' due in August

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

[​IMG]

This is a cool release as it is a cd/dvd combo and the dvd has some extra tracks. Finally some official video footage of the band.

CD
    1 24/7 4:57
    2 Looking In 6:02
    3 Natural Man 5:50
    4 Street Corner Talking 4:21
    5 She's Got The Heat 4:48
    6 Time Does Tell 8:11
    7 Voodoo Moon 6:17
    8 Meet The Blues Head On 4:30
    9 Hellbound Train 13:54
    10 Shockwaves 4:57
    11 Tell Mama 5:38
    12 Wang Dang Doodle 6:02

DVD
    1 24/7
    2 Looking In
    3 Natural Man
    4 Street Corner Talking
    5 She's Got The Heat
    6 Time Does Tell
    7 Voodoo Moon
    8 Meet The Blues Head On
    9 Hellbound Train
    10 Shockwaves
    11 Tell Mama
    12 Wang Dang Doodle
    13 Little Red Rooster
    14 Louisiana Blues

2. For those of you who have "Lion's Share", the opening track, "Shot In the Head", was written by Harry Vanda and George Young of the Easybeats fame and later producers for AC/DC (George being Angus and Malcolm's older brother). Here Vanda and Young's song is performed as Haffy's Whiskey Sour which is a 1971 single from the Harry Vanda-George-Young-George Alexander trio, with bassist Ian Campbell on vocals. Later covered by Savoy Brown. Vanda and Young later revisited the song as part of the Marcus Hook Roll Band project.

clhboa likes this.
  3. And the slightly longer promo version. Where Savoy Brown picked up the song is a mystery to me.

clhboa likes this.
  4. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

I love Savoy Brown.
    I'd love to see some footage of the 1967-1974 period but I'm not sure any exists apart from a grainy short amature clip of them at the Fillmore.

5. Yardbird

Yardbird Forum Resident

Savoy Brown is one of my most favorite bands (saw them live in Philly back in the late 60's) and would agree that their best days were up through the early 70's, so I was thrilled to see them receive the kudos they are for their newest release. For those of you who are virgins to Savoy Brown, I highly suggest you pick up some of their early releases; you will be glad you did.

Myke and John Fell like this.
  6. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

I just caught up with Witchy Feeling. Nice disc. I saw them the last time at the Portland Blues Fest about 10 years back or so. An always solid band. Looking In and Raw Sienna were my gateways. Tell Mama sounded just like Foghat! Ha.

7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I've only been into them for 4 days now.
    A copy of the UK 1st for Street Corner Talking went up for sale in our classifieds, so as I listened to a stream of the album I realized I liked every single track !
    Doesn't happen often, of course.
    After buying it, I did the same thing with Looking In. Another UK 1st, off of eBay.
    Then after some research here, I secured the 2 CD set of Hellbound Train Live 1969-1972.
    Today, I was surprised to see that a UK stereo 1st of Raw Sienna is for sale right here in my newly transplanted town of 37k !
    Seller's going to get back to me later tonight about further details. Shipping not necessary when we're 4/10 of a mile apart.

zongo and pool_of_tears like this.
  8. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

After Martin Stone passed, I went to Savoy Brown's website to see what kind of eulogy Kim might have for his former bandmate. Nothing.

9. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Say what?! You’re just getting into them?! Wow! Better late than never. I can do some recommendations if you need them.

10. Myke

After reading many posts here, from members I've come to listen to as their tastes, and ears have never failed me...I bought 3 of the Deram CDs from a Discogs seller.
    Said to be unfutzed-with transfers, and "as warm as the vinyl," I found these for less than $13.00 each.

Getting To The Point, Blue Matter, Hellbound Train. That's about $200 I've spent on Savoy Brown so far. Done for a while.
    :sweating:

AlmostHeavenWV and footlooseman like this.
  11. Myke

A sincere thank you to those that posted positive remarks about the Deram CDs. Y'all described them perfectly. Every bit as warm as vinyl. Bass and drums present, no digital ear bleeding.

You Need Love blisters. Phew.

allbrosca and footlooseman like this.
  12. Myke

Okay, so now I've ordered the Deram CD of the first album, Shake Down.

AlmostHeavenWV likes this.
  13. AlmostHeavenWV

AlmostHeavenWV The poster formerly known as AlmostHeavenWI

A shame that the four tracks the group recorded for Purdah couldn't have been added to the 'Shake Down' CD.

And just a heads up to those who still aren't aware - SB have three live dates in the UK, and several in Europe, in April 2019.

Myke likes this.
  14. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

+1 My home made CDR copy comes with them. ;)

John Fell and AlmostHeavenWV like this.
  15. Myke

Okay, so after listening to YT streams of Lion's Share, Jack The Toad, and Boogie Brothers, the albums take a turn in a direction that isn't as attractive to me, so I'm going to stop here.

Ordered those 3, plus A Step Further from the same guy I got these 3 from today. Avg. $17. each, plus he packs conscientiously, he chose First Class for the first order, so they got here in 4 days !!!

So I'm covered from 1967 - 1974. And it only took me 51 years. :laugh: Oh, and he has more too !

AlmostHeavenWV likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.