New Springsteen Album "Western Stars" June 14*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FingerPickin'Triumph, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

We have no idea what it's going to sound like. I don't think it will sound like that at all.

2. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

i dont think its going retro. bruce hasnt really sounded like bruce since 1984.
    its going to sound like woad/wb which is the natural progression of the sound he wants.

DavidD and JoeF. like this.
  3. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I don't think it's going retro either. I'm just saying I don't think it will be light pop fluff like WOAD.

4. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Good point. I agree that an E Street Band album will sound like previous "E Street Band " albums.
    Bruce is in his comfort zone with that group. There's a reason they sound like they do.

musicaner likes this.
  5. DavidD

DavidD Forum Resident

Like plenty, I'll wear a bandana on my head as much as a turban ...meaning never. I suppose I could wipe my kid's nose with it though :ed:

6. DavidD

DavidD Forum Resident

That's why he dumped them for (not 18 but) 10 years, huh, after his big Hollywood success with BITUSA. Never did find the magic mojo again though, not to my ears anyhow.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  7. INSW

INSW Senior Member

I've never seen or heard the phrase "like plenty" before.

8. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

there are worse Bruce things that light fluff, ie empty sky and you re missing.

still the sound will be the sound that he s working up in the last few albums. specially if this
    aiello guy is involved.

9. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

I'm not talking about 30 years ago. I mean since he reformulated the band in 1999.
    He made a big mistake ceremoniously "dumping" them when all he had to do was be like Neil Young with Crazy Horse (and his other side projects) and put them aside for awhile.
    And then he wouldn't have looked foolish assembling another band to do "E Street Band"--type music.

budwhite and DavidD like this.
  10. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

How do you get "18 years?" He fired them in '89 and they became a touring concern again in 1999---and there was the brief 1995 reunion around the release of Greatest Hits---which featured newly recorded E Street music. In the intervening years there were probably recording sessions that haven't yet been released.

11. DavidD

DavidD Forum Resident

Maybe you should get out more :)

12. INSW

INSW Senior Member

That's what I say but your Mom has other ideas.

HEY-OOOOHHH!!!

13. DavidD

DavidD Forum Resident

Now you're just being mean as my mom just recently passed ... (maybe it was just gas?). :)

14. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Anywho . . .

When, in the past 20 years, has the ESB sounded like the classic ESB on a studio recording?

My Lucky Day?

15. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

"Livin' in the Future" from Magic.

graveyardboots likes this.
  16. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

he should have called the Magic album "Compression" instead.

17. windfall

windfall Senior Member

What’s wrong with you’re missing?

dee and moonshiner like this.
  18. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

This is not an E St Band album, why are they being discussed?

19. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Because someone brought up the fact that Bruce has said that he has a new batch of "E Street Band" songs written.

The MEZ likes this.
  20. INSW

INSW Senior Member

No coloring outside the lines children.

Dr. Zoom and budwhite like this.
  21. Jesus Jeronimo

Jesus Jeronimo Forum Resident

Save my Love?

J

22. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Well, not the vocals. ;)

JoeF. likes this.
  23. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Trick question because most of the out-takes from the Darkness and River box sets were recorded much more recently than 20 years ago....

24. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

"Save My Love"

25. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

If I hadn't liked what an artist or band had done since 1987 (Tunnel Of Love), I wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in that artist anymore. I would move on and let it be.
    For instance, when I was a kid we all loved Rod Stewart. Stewart has not done anything I've liked since 1973 or so and because of that he's been off my radar for years.
    Why do people that have not liked Springsteen in more than 30 years even bother to comment on him anymore? What are you expecting now?
    Move on and enjoy something else.

Just like U2.

There are very many people who still like what Bruce and U2 are doing now, yet some people just can't see why. I get it. I don't like a lot of what people on this forum are into (especially when it comes to some of the older artists or bands who I don't think are worth bothering with anymore)

I just wouldn't waste my time bashing an artist I haven't liked in years because they're not the same as they were years ago...

Last edited: May 21, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.