New Star Wars movie title: Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by SamS, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamS

SamS Forum Legend Thread Starter

It's official!

Revenge of the Sith

Cool name IMO. There has been years of guessing going on about this one. I have a feeling this movie will live up to the hype! :D

2. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Interesting. Wasn't Return of the Jedi originally titled Revenge of the Jedi? Maybe Lucas will now change the title for the DVDs, he's changed enough other stuff.

3. SamS

:laugh: Yep, Revenge of the Jedi was the original title of Ep.VI. I don't think he'll change anything that drastic, but ya never know ;)

4. dcooper

dcooper New Member

Put nothing past Lucas you should. Whenever I see that scene in Batman when Nicholson & his stooges dance through the art museum to Prince's "Batdance" and deface all the art, I always think of George.

5. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

If this one sucks as bad as the last("first")two they should call it Revenge of the Moviegoers!

Evan

6. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

"Episode III: Please Can We Get One Good Movie Out Of These Prequels"

7. John Oteri

John Oteri New Member In Memoriam

Seriously...

at this point, does anyone care anymore?

I think this franchise has run its course.

8. SamS

Hey, thanks for the threadcrap!

9. John Oteri

Sorry...you misunderstand. I was trying to be "ironic" but obviously missed that one by a mile. I was just trying to say I echoed the other opinions. I will have to be more careful in the future. :o

10. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

John,

The good news: if you get Gorted, Steve might just do the honors himself...:D

But I know what you mean...I agree it's a cool title, but the first two movies, while having some good, even impressive, passages, just don't have the magic IV-VI had(and VI didn't have a ton), so we can only hope third time's a charm and that the prelude to IV has enough drama to compensate for the deficiencies of the first two.

:ed:

11. John Oteri

Actually, you've hit on what frustrates me about the series. Being dyslexic (and that's not a joke) it's hard to follow the numbers. Whenever I see numbers like IV, and so on, I think of music progressions. I just get so confused about the films. Is Revenge of The Seth a prequel or sequel. :confused: I get so flustered, I type things like my first reply. I was hoping the go more into the Seth, and the nasty senator in the last one. Episode II (? right?) I found him more interesting than the bounty hunter. But, hey, that's just my opinion, and I'm obviously in the minority.

As for Steve personally Gorting me...he already did that in the physical universe...so why should cyber space be any different! :winkgrin:

12. Ed Bishop

That's another thing about revisionism: pretty soon nobody will remember that, once upon a time in the '70s, far far away, it was just STAR WARS, not Episode IV: A New Hope....I've gotten used to the number thing, and use it, because most fans do. Never made sense to me, but then, not making the sequels(VII--IX)doesn't make sense, either...come to think of it, maybe they shoulda stopped with JEDI?:D

Agreed!

Did he really?:D Very interesting...perhaps we can discuss this through PM's, sounds like there's a story or two there...:laugh:

13. John Oteri

It's okay. I'm discussing it will my shrink. Unfortunately, it's Deanna Troi. Which is a good indication of how much help I really need! :shh:

14. dcooper

dcooper New Member

Ooooh, she can shrink my head anytime :love:

15. John Oteri

She already did. THAT'S THE PROBLEM! :eek: (and speaking of being Gorted...)

16. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

Even when Episode III is released and the saga is complete, many Star Wars fans will reference "the trilogy" (Episodes 4-6) as the classics. Episode II, though not a great movie, was at least better than the one before it. Not that that's saying much, but it wasn't a total dog.

17. Ed Bishop

I met the actress(Marina Sirtis)at a ST con years ago..very friendly(and yes, built!), had a lot of fun doing the series....

18. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Maybe Lucas could do a new trilogy afterward, starting with "Star Wars VII: The Return of Ed Bishop" :laugh:

Evan :)

19. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Lucas won't change the name, I think, because of a small detail. He changed "Revenge of the Jedi" for "Return" because he felt a Jedi wouldn't take "Revenge" on anyone, but a Sith surely would.

Then again, I must say I'm not that interested in this movie. Did Lucas shoot himself in the foot by creating a movie where everyone knows the beginning and the ending of it? Even worse, a movie that has had its reputation tarnished beforehand because of its two prequels?

Maybe he should do something like Leisure Suit Larry 4...

20. SamS

That didn't stop Titanic from being the highest-grossing movie of all time. Who woulda thunk it, the ship sinks :laugh: :laugh:

21. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

Revenge of the Sith?

Star Wars Episode III: R.O.T.S.

And I was so hoping for Episode III: The Sithshank Redemption

22. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Starring Nithy Sith(from Motley Crue)....

Evan :p

23. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Well, if Lucas has Natalie Portman doing nasty stuff with whomever plays Anakin, I guess geeks and dorks will push this Episode to new box office heights!

24. Parkertown

Parkertown Tawny Port

Ummm, exactly what was wrong with this movie...

[​IMG] Hell, I couldn't take my eyes away...

25. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

I'd always heard that the title of the third film was changed because they were concerned it was too similar to "Wrath of Khan" (which I believe was originally going to be titled "Revenge of Khan"). Of course, knowing the way Lucas likes to revise his own history, he's probably told both stories at different times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.