New Tom Petty album dropping "Wildflowers - All the Rest"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Brian Gupton, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Ephi82

Ephi82 Still have two ears working

To you and RoyalScam, I just did a quick Google and hit that site. I didn't dig around in it, and go any deeper than seeing the price listed. It wasn't an endorsement at all, and yes it looks like they are selling copies.

All said, if you can find a legit copy, it's a heck of a concert.

2. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

If Mudcrutch comes anywhere close to me, I will pony up to see them. It'd be nice if they did a homecoming concert in Gainesville.

Fullbug, melstapler and fourfeathers like this.
  3. Brian Gupton

Brian Gupton Forum Resident Thread Starter

Man, I just cannot believe that there still isn't an update on this reissue and "All the Rest". I was listening to the Underground Garage station on SiriusXM the other day and the dj said something about the "All the Rest" album, but I wasn't completely paying attention and missed what he was saying.

Wildflowers is my favorite Petty album and I've been holding out on getting it because the reissue seemed imminent. But eff it. I'm just gonna drop the $450 to get a sealed copy. As soon as I do, it'll finally get a release date, so you guys can than me for that. ;)

cwitt1980, theMess, Tullman and 4 others like this.
  4. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

From what I understand, and I could be wrong, this is not a reissue of Wildflowers, but a release of all the leftovers from those sessions.

rstamberg likes this.
  5. Brian Gupton

Yes, but I'd suspect that it would coincide with a reissue of Wildflowers too. Maybe not, but that would make more sense especially given the price tag for the OP.

theMess likes this.
  6. KinkySmallFace1991

Originally, the disc of leftovers was supposed to be added on to the original album. Then the extra tracks were to be a standalone release.

Perhaps the Deluxe Edition idea was revived and Ryan Ulyate decided to remix the original album and bonus tracks to 5.1 and that's what the holdup has been?

Wildflowers in 5.1 is a holy grail for me. And considering that it's been a year since "Somewhere Under Heaven" and the All The Rest album were announced, it could only make sense that Ulyate wanted a Deluxe Edition 5.1.

theMess, rstamberg, VinylRob and 2 others like this.
  7. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I've had the download of the WILDFLOWERS leftover track for a year now ... Where's the album?

My favorite Tom Petty album, WILDFLOWERS deserves a 5.1 release, too. But I really want a the "leftovers" album. The single is a great song.

When?

8. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Agreed. My second-favorite Tom Petty album (after WILDFLOWERS, of course).

9. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Yep...now that Mudcrutch 2 is out of the barn, let's get back to this treasure trove STAT.

Sean, theMess, rstamberg and 3 others like this.
  10. Brian Gupton

11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

12. MWC

MWC Forum Resident

According to a recent interview with David Fricke, TP said it is still forthcoming. TP also said "when you hear the demos..." Not sure if that means his 8-track recorder demos are also going to see the light of day or not, but there's hope (little pun for the new Mudcrutch tune). I'd expect some kind of announcement not too far off when the Mudcrutch tour/buzz slows down - probably some announcement by middle to end of summer.

cwitt1980 likes this.
  13. Here's the article: Tom Petty Considering 'Wildflowers' Tour in 2017 »

ARK, George C., cwitt1980 and 4 others like this.
  14. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

Bring on the box set and tour!

15. theMess likes this.
  16. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Thanks for posting. Great to open this thread and see some update. Not sure how the album would translate in a live setting though. Maybe in smaller venues but I can sadly see it dying a death in larger ones since it isn't his most popular album and has a lot of slow tracks.

Also, was it just me who (at first glance) thought it was Willie Nelson in that Rolling Stone photo? :)

shaboo likes this.
  17. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

A 'Wildflowers' tour? Hell yes.

Matt123, dougb222, JayB and 1 other person like this.
  18. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

Ha ha I thought the same thing about Willie!

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  19. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Hurrah if he includes the UK and boo if he doesn't. I'll still buy the record though whatever.

Phil Tate and FourWalledWorld like this.
  20. Roland S.

Roland S. Forum Resident

Good idea Mr. Tom!

Sounds like he's not fighting against a box-set even if he doesn't like to put out more than the originally planned double-album.

21. KinkySmallFace1991

I hope Ryan Ulyate remixes the original album and bonus disc for 5.1. Seems like that's happening now.

22. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

YAY! (This will be expensive)

...... YAY!!!

23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Update : Tom's going to do something, he's just not sure what. :laugh:

ARK, Matthew Tate and ptijerm like this.
  24. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I am THERE for anything Wildflowers-related. Bring it ON!

longaway likes this.
  25. KinkySmallFace1991

I hope the tour comes somewhere close to me...