New UHQR by Analogue Productions/QRP - Axis: Bold as Love*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Sooo $100 33 1/3. WTH, I’m in. Chad, take my $200.

2. vinylsolution

vinylsolution Forum Resident

Got the same email invite... noticing the "specially-formulated, proprietary Clarity Vinyl"

Um, you mean like Classic Records used?
    And of course Chad bought them, so, resurrecting that Clarity recipe?
    Interested, but annoyed that $100 is the new $30 (or $35, or $40, or $49 album)... of course you need both mono and stereo, so, er.. $200!

joshm2286 likes this.
  3. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Photo of the box:
    [​IMG]

4. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

Welp, my wallet just got $200 lighter. Subscribing for pre-order information :)

ssmith3046 likes this.
  5. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Classier than the UD1S packaging. I like it.

joshm2286 likes this.
  6. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Yes indeed.

7. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Yes I have pre-ordered too for both. Still ambiguous whether these are 45 or 33.

8. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

Are they available for preorder?

9. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I got the subscription e-mail. As pretty as this box looks and as good as these will probably sound, I am very happy with my Sony/Legacy stereo and mono Axis AAA reissues and will probably pass on these. There's a lot of other worthy music that I could get for 200 bucks.

10. rollo5

rollo5 Forum Reprobate

For past Acoustic Sounds/AP series subscribers. They said pre-orders for general public will be available at some as-0f-yet determined future date on their web site. I'm guessing there won't be many available since a lot of people are past subscription series buyers. I put in an order for one of each. They told me that they aren't allowing multiple copy purchases at this time, which is good for people who aren't able to pre-order now .

11. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Any link for Pre-Order?

12. rollo5

rollo5 Forum Reprobate

I also really like the Classic mono. Hard to imagine this new version topping it, but the MFSL One Steps have definitely made me open to the possibility.

13. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

I knew I would regret not subscribing to their prestige mono and stereo series. I sent an email to see if it would be possible to preorder. I hope I can!

joshm2286 likes this.
  14. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

And barely an hour later, I have placed my order for both the stereo and mono sets. Why am I so weak? :shake:

recstar24 and ODShowtime like this.
  15. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

I don't know @bubba-ho-tep but if you start a support group, please let me pre-order an invite (preferably, a numbered one). I called up and subscribed to both stereo and mono as well.

bubba-ho-tep likes this.
  16. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

The Power of Vinyls Compels You!

17. teag

teag Forum Resident

Not really.

FashionBoy likes this.
  18. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I just called Acoustic Sounds, and although I was a past subscriber to Blue Note SACDs and Impulse SACDs, those subscriptions were not CURRENT subscriptions - so no email for me. It appears, from what I was told on the phone, the email was sent only to people receiving current subscriptions - so past subscribers isn't totally truthful. I asked if it was because my previous subscriptions were only to SACD and not to vinyl - and he said that didn't matter - as emails were sent to current (or possibly - my assumption) previous subscribers to more current titles.

So, the upshot is I cannot pre-order the UHQR titles at this point in time. :( Even though I knew about the pre-order from this forum it didn't matter.

I was told that they don't expect either title to sell-out to current subscribers, since both the Stereo and Mono issues of Axis are being pressed in quantities greater than the number of emails they sent out (hoping this is true).

I would hate to miss these UHQRs just because I didn't subscribe to any recent titles from Acoustic Sounds/AP items.

joshm2286, David P. Hill and Hgavinyl like this.
  19. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

Excellent news.

GetHappy!! likes this.
  20. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

Darn it, they hit my price point! I wasn't going to bite if it was more than $100, so now, I'm in. And of course that means both mixes!

joshm2286 and Hgavinyl like this.
  21. sully12

sully12 Forum Resident

After hearing my buddies MOFI One Step Nightfly, I am a believer of this one step process. My thought going in was, “How could it REALLY be better than the mint Quiex copy I have.” I am thrilled for this upcoming AP title. I am definitely in for a Mono copy.

Hgavinyl likes this.
  22. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

Well I hope they're telling the truth on the stereo and mono not selling out. I already missed out on the first 3 one step titles because of me being an idiot.

bajaed likes this.
  23. Rkellner

Rkellner Forum Resident

A mummy must have sucked out your soul...

jhm and bubba-ho-tep like this.
  24. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

So is it confirmed it's a 33 1/3 release or a 45 release? I really hope for the price it's a 45rpm release. I can see spending $100 on a 45, on a 33, it gets tough..

25. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Cripes! All this news about having to be a prior member of a secret treehouse "subscriber club" just to able to pre-order (at this moment) a freaking record (that I really want) is truly the pits. :mad:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.