New Version of the Beatles ‘Let it Be’ Film to be Released!?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mickey2, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Both Lennon and Harrison left their shares/interests to estates with equal voting shares. You are very wrong when you insist that means it’s either Starr or McCartney. There’s four possibilities.

edit: and things are moving forward. It’s no longer being held up.

2. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

They've already confirmed it's being released to coincide with the Jackson film.

Guy Smiley, BeatleJWOL and Zeki like this.
  3. Detroit Music Fan

Detroit Music Fan Forum Resident

You don’t factually know that I am wrong.

You know what you’ve been told in the press by McCartney and others.

Unless you’re at their business meetings or you are one of their lawyers with access to their legal correspondence, you do not factually know what goes on behind closed doors at Apple Records’ shareholder meetings anymore than I do. It’s a private company and they can say and do what they want.

I am allowed to have an informed opinion on it just as you are.

4. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

I do know that Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison have equal voting rights to Starr and McCartney. That’s a fact. But go ahead and think what you want.

Edit: (since you’re in pursuit of facts)
    “The company is currently headquartered at 27 Ovington Square, in London's prestigious Knightsbridge district. Ownership and control of the company remains with McCartney, Starr and the estates of Lennon and Harrison.”
    From Wikipedia

MetalGuruMessiah and theMess like this.
  5. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

You really should see 'They Shall Not Grow Old".
    And of course the 'remixed' and re-edited Let it Be-movie is going to be more upbeat and bright, and all for the better; the original was a grey, grainy and quite boring. Four nonchalant guys (for a large part) pointlessly noodling about in a cellar-like environment.... The movie is saved by the rooftop-performance and the odd sparkle of inspiration....

FJFP, blutiga and Detroit Music Fan like this.
  6. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Its MY OPINION that folks need to chill out in this thread.

Is that even possible?

==========================

Thread is now reopened.

Posts and fights were, for the most part, removed but we didn't go too far back. No one has been thread banned but that can change depending on how this thread continues.

So be nice, stick to the topic at hand and no insults or arguments.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2019
  7. dzjc

dzjc Forum Resident

Here's hoping they don't use deep fake technology to make Paul look like the choir boy he wants to be.

DTK likes this.
  8. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

They'll use the technology to make Ringo look interested.

9. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

No, they will only use the newest technology to make it look like the Beatles shampooed their hair... ;)

10. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

There still ARE limits, even to CGI!

11. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

Just dipped my toe into this thread.
    So as the thread is reopened by staff, members have moved away from insulting members to insulting the Beatles.
    Toe removed.

MPLRecords and mcallister like this.
  12. Arnold Grove

"Toe Of Us"

:hide:

13. PIGGIES

PIGGIES Forum Resident

Arnie, that was terrible, even by your standards!
    Funny though :righton:

tappioha and Exotiki like this.
  14. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Always wondered if George's extensive overuse of the Leslie effect on his guitar was a masked attempt at giving the other three a "way wah".

marmalade166 and PIGGIES like this.
  15. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Can't wait to go see the movie! :goodie:

Hopefully they will/can show the whole rooftop concert, not just the edited 22 minutes.

16. Arnold Grove

I accept any type of compliment. Thanks....

;)

DK Pete, Exotiki and PIGGIES like this.
  17. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

ok, Let's all be real nice and get along now, just like the Beatles decided to do after the Let it Be sessions were over and they decided to make the Abbey Road album.

This seems to be a long running recent thread on the new Film and potential album, soundtrack, and audio remixing likely to happen. I thought I would post these scans from an audio set (8CD) that is not official, but includes some decent notes on the sessions. These notes are like notes on an audio document to go along with the "Drugs, Divorce, and a (I'm so) Tired) Sleeping Image" book we know so well from esteemed authors Doug Sulpy & Ray Schweighardt. If one is inclined to listen to eight long discs of brutal bordom to eventually hear some magical & musical sparks fly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OH AND THAT DANG PRESS RELEASE AGAIN:
    [​IMG]

18. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Album cover we know all so well, or do we?
    [​IMG]

19. smoke

smoke Forum Resident

I have seen They Shall Not Grow Old, I sure hope Let it Be isn't less upbeat!

FJFP and Chris DeVoe like this.
  20. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

21. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I was wondering why the bootleggers(?) used the EMI Electrola logo for the sleeve. That's the German corner of EMI...

muffmasterh and FJFP like this.
  22. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

It looks a lot better than the black background with green Apple used on the other repros of this famous cover. The other designs look like a cut and paste, this actually looks like a German import.... sort of.

You didn't think those bootleggers were going to put their real address, city, state and country did you.

somnar and paulmccartneyistheman like this.
  23. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

No, but it looks more 'legit' when a sleeve from UK or US is there first, before we're going to export LPs. Also, the white logo looks a bit 'empty'...
    I used a handwritten text version of the Apple logo on the Get Back album sleeve I re-designed. Which, I think, looks better. In my opinion, of course.

John Bliss, boggs and FJFP like this.
  24. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

I'll post whatever you want me to post or I want post at all if you don't want me to post

25. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

I missed whatever 'fight' posts there were earlier, and can't believe the thread got closed for 'repairs'. I guess there's just something about Twickenham (even discussing events that occurred there over fifty years ago) that makes people bicker (or bicker about whether The Beatles actually bickered that much then).

I do wonder if they will colorize whatever black and white footage there is to be used.

'And it goes like this'...
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.