Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Album thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mark winstanley, Jun 3, 2018.

1. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product Thread Starter

Cosmic Dancer - T Rex cover

Marc 74, Callahan, Mylene and 3 others like this.
  2. mark winstanley

Some pics the Mrs took

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Br3tto, mpayan, Marc 74 and 3 others like this.
  3. Longers

Longers Forum Resident

Just replaying to say thanks for posting Mark !
    Hoping he and Warren will be doing shows back down-under soon

4. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

She really knows how to take a good shot Mark!

Steve62, Longers and mark winstanley like this.
  5. mark winstanley

For sure.

I don't really concentrate much to be honest. I like some pics for the memories, but I watch the show lol.
    The only reason I have the Cosmic Dancer video, is she told me to tape it lol

All Down The Line likes this.
  6. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Someone's gotta do the heavy lifting mate no matter what "spin" you put on it!

mark winstanley likes this.
  7. mark winstanley

For Our Friends on the east coast of Australia

TICKETS ON SALE 17 MARCH

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis will play two exclusive Victorian shows on Friday 25 and Saturday 26 November at Hanging Rock in Macedon Ranges as the first dates on their Australian Carnage Tour.

Tickets on sale Thursday 17 March at 12pm (local time).

Details on more Australian shows will be announced soon.

SlimLee likes this.
  8. mark winstanley

For everybody.

THIS MUCH I KNOW TO BE TRUE will screen in cinemas worldwide on Wednesday 11 May.

Tickets on sale 23 March. Sign up here for updates.

Shot on location in London & Brighton, THIS MUCH I KNOW TO BE TRUE captures Nick Cave and Warren Ellis’ exceptional creative relationship as they bring to life the songs from their last two studio albums, Ghosteen (Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds) and Carnage (Nick Cave & Warren Ellis).

Watch an exclusive clip taken from the film on The Late Late Show with James Corden tonight (2 March) in North America.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm really looking forward to this, and am hoping it will get the same treatment as Once More With Feeling, on bluray, with a nice 5.1 mix.

I still stupidly hold out hope that Distant Sky will get a bluray release too .... If someone here knows Nick's people, please give them the word!

9. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Nick Cave stories:

Ive seen the Bad seeds 5 times over the decades

1990 Univ of Queensland

In a tiny low ceiling refectory at the Uni - very very close up - could touch the stage and Nick if you wanted to

Did Shivers for about 10 seconds

1996 Big Day Out, Surfers

Magnificent summer day - heaps of bands (Radio Birdman reunited for this - that was as spectacular as Nick)

Kylie came on and sang Where The Wild Roses Grow

1997 Festival Hall Brisbane

Just before it was torn down - was very sturm and drang that night - swelteringly hot

2009 All Tomorrows parties, Brisbane

Mick Harvey had just left and so Ed Kuepper played guitar at very short notice

2013 Riverstage Brisbane

Outdoors under the stars Higgs Bosun Blues, Jubilee Street floating out into the ether

Grinderman/Nick 'solo' - Tivoli Brisbane

The Grinderman show was done like they were 16 - loud hard and fast

The the Nick solo - he did requests - whatever we wanted

But the best one was at The Zoo, also in Bris, in 1992(?) where we all went to see the The Dirty Three play.

We're just standing watching when the girl next to me, Julie, nudges me and says "Hey is that Nick Cave standing next to you?"

I look to my left and yes it was.

I say "Hi, hey what are you doing here?!" and Nick says "Im doing a reading of my poetry/stuff at 1/2 time" and shows me his black book of poems/stuff

Julie then bludges a ciggie off him an he offers them around - we all have a smoke and hes like "Well I better be off and get ready"

I said "Youre not wearing that shirt?" (he had a white v-necked t-shirt on ) he says "why? what?" we go "its too lame"

He laughs and goes off back stage

He comes on at the break and first thing he says - "I had to get rid of my shirt as it was apparently too lame" - he just had a suit jacket on

After the gig we all went back stage and had multiple drinks and ahem.. whatnot with him and the Dirty 3 for several hours

He was completely normal, no pretensions or hang ups

great guy to have a party with!!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  10. mark winstanley

bjlefebvre and Alfie Noakes like this.
  11. mark winstanley

12. mark winstanley

13. mark winstanley

For anyone who may be interested.

Nick and Warren have a 10" record coming out in June called "Seven Psalms"

It is available for pre-order at Cave Things
    Seven Psalms - Limited Edition 10"

“The seven psalms are presented as one long meditation—on faith, rage, love, grief,
    mercy, sex and praise. A veiled, contemplative offering borne of an uncertain time,” explains Cave.

Seven Psalms will be released on limited 10”, and comes with a Psalms Prayer Card.

It follows Cave’s last album, Carnage.

Pre-order Seven Psalms here in advance of its 17th June release; check out the artwork and tracklist below.

[​IMG]

Tracklist:

Side A

1. How Long Have I Waited?
    2. Have Mercy On Me
    3. I Have Trembled My Way Deep
    4. I Have Wandered All My Unending Days
    5. Splendour, Glorious Splendour
    6. Such Things Should Never Happen
    7. I Come Alone And To You

Side B

1. Psalm Instrumental

14. Steve62

Steve62 Vinyl hunter

Ordered. Note the “prayer card” only comes with orders from the offical store.

15. Ernold

Ernold Look up the number

16. mark winstanley

I just shared what I read

17. Ernold

Ernold Look up the number

I'm just clarifying this, as lots of people seem to mistakenly believe this is about the tour or a gig, when it's actually neither. It was filmed before the tour(s) and is simply a documentary featuring some specially shot performances.

18. clip

clip peDtaH 'ej chIS qo'

“I can control the weather with my moods, I just can’t control my moods”
    Nick Cave

19. mark winstanley

I did a lousy job of this thread... It was an early one, and I didn't pace myself. I didn't pay enough attention or any of that other stuff... So at some point I'm going to do this again, but properly, and I'll start with the Boys Next Door album... I hope some of you join in when I get around to it.

20. Marc 74

Marc 74 Senior Member

Don't worry,it was a lot of fun to participate here. :thumbsup:

21. The_Windmill

The_Windmill Forum Resident

I hope to be mentally free enough to join and use it as a discovery tool. Your threads are demanding, ahobby in themselves :agree:

Mylene and mark winstanley like this.
  22. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Nah, It's a good thread. I've heard about 500 hours more of Nick than when you started it so if you redo it I'll be posting a lot more.

23. Br3tto

Br3tto Forum Resident

Not sure where we are at with album discussion but I just wanted to say that Ghosteen is one of the most heart wrenching and beautiful records I have ever heard. Kills me every time.

mark winstanley, Ernold and Callahan like this.
  24. mark winstanley

I will be starting this thread again properly after The Kinks album thread is finished.

Ghosteen and Carnage are both stunning, and the concert solidified that..
    This new period is fast becoming my favourite

Marc 74 and Putrifiers II like this.
  25. mark winstanley

I am saddened and dismayed to here the news that Jethro, Nick's 31 year old surviving son has apparently just died....

I can't even imagine how Nick and his wife feel at the moment......

Love and prayers for the family and friends in this horrible time...