Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets: Live at the Roundhouse DVD/Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jɑmbo, Jan 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

2. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

3. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Right, that’s why I wrote that I hope the links go live soon. But these are the two that were live before so you’ll want to bookmark them for when they’re back.

4. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Nice. A sort of Pink Floyd product that doesn't cost a fortune. I am in.

5. Mr.Mustache

Mr.Mustache Forum Resident

Early Pink Floyd is my most favorite. So this was definitely the show for me, and I missed it. I've seen Roger Waters a few times and got to hear a lot of all the great ones you listed, and he was amazing. I just want to hear some Syd Barrett songs and "Atom Heart Mother". I only hope to have another chance....

Luisboa, tedhead, fishcane and 2 others like this.
  6. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Happy Birthday Mr. Mason!

7. Definitely getting this, no question. I saw the tour twice -- in St. Louis (visiting my dad back home, where I grew up) -- and again back here in Washington DC. Was the FIRST time I've ever been to two shows on the same tour before, in my 35+ years of concert-going.

Probably the most fun I've had at a concert in eons. SO many songs I never dreamed I'd get to ever hear performed live (by anybody!), let along a group with credentials so closely related to the original band.

Hoping there's a showing in a theater here in DC, so I can take my wife to go see it. She's not enough of an early Floyd fan to have wanted to go to the actual concert, but for $20, I'm sure she'd join me for a theater showing.

fishyboots, Walt and lukatherfan like this.
  8. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

So him in ATL last year, was a great show much more experimental and psychedelic than. I expected. Set the Controls was amazing.

I'll will pick up the audio and boy ray of this.

GoodKitty likes this.
  9. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Today is Nick’s 76th birthday so maybe today would be a good day for an announcement.

10. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

It seems random, I really wish DVDs would have gone away a year or two after blurays came out.

Philrock90, jsb! and edfom like this.
  11. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

I couldn't agree more. One of the major reasons DVD took off is because they stopped releasing VHS. Working in a music store that sold movies as well was interesting during that time. I'll never forget how DVDs were marketed then. VHS movies were always put out as a rental months ahead of being able to purchase them. When DVD came along you were able to rent the VHS and buy the DVD on the same date, but still had to wait to buy the VHS. It was a brilliant way to push the format. Once enough people were on board they just started dropping VHS. However, so many people would see the ads for a movie saying "Own on DVD or rent the VHS" that they just assumed you could buy the VHS on the same release date as the VHS. Nothing like getting chewed out for something you have zero control over. :sigh:

What did they do with blu ray? They not only kept the old format around, they also bundle it with the blu ray. So damn pointless and I can't understand why this still persists to this day. With streaming being so popular now, so many people owning game systems that use blu rays, and players themselves being so incredibly cheap, you'd think it would be a no-brainer to ditch the DVD format by now to at least give blu ray a slight bump. Hell, there are now some shows and movies that are getting a DVD release but not blu ray! The madness!

12. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy Socially distant and unstuck in time

Hopefully there will be a CD / Blu Ray package. Otherwise it will be Amazon HD for the audio and Blu Ray for the disc.

This was a really fun show. Took my son and he enjoyed it also. Fairly intimate theater helped (maybe 2500 people?) and we were up fairly close.

GoodKitty likes this.
  13. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

For those who like to dig for deals here's the UPC for the 2CD/DVD: 0190759827222

14. I really loved the light-show, at least some of which had to be more low-tech than most. Though regardless of how high-tech (or lower-tech) it really was -- the lighting really FELT like going back in time a bit.

The whole experience was far, far more enjoyable than a lot of more modern light shows I've seen -- probably better than most, come to think of it.

15. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

I won tickets to this and took my 24 year old son.it was his first ever show. He really liked the music and the light show.I almost feel bad that this set the bar so high for future shows

16. Lee_Harris

Lee_Harris Forum Resident

That photo taken at soundcheck...

Scancom, LivingForever, jlf and 10 others like this.
  17. Ricky Lampoon

Ricky Lampoon Forum Resident

Hey Lee! Thanks a lot for the reply.

Really looking forward to seeing you guys again this year (for the forth time).

Billy Infinity and Lee_Harris like this.
  18. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Om

☆ happy 76th birthday ! :cheers:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    @Lee_Harris

vallilalainen, ARK, supermd and 13 others like this.
  19. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Saw 4 shows of the band and have ticket for RAH in May. Will be at the cinema screening and getting the Blu-Ray too!
    @Lee_Harris, will there be a deluxe edition with both Blu-Ray and CD?

20. Johnny Feathers

Johnny Feathers Forum Resident

Blu-Ray for me. If I want the audio, I’ll buy the digital download.

21. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

Does anyone have any sort of link to the cinema screening, as in what cities/theaters it will be shown? :help:

22. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

All info will be at http//www.nickmasonfilm.com

23. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

24. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

25. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.