Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

No 10 / 15% vinyl discounts at Acoustic Sounds or Music Direct

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Dino Rick, Feb 8, 2021.

1. SME12A

SME12A Well-Known Member

Well, recent Target - but 2 and get 3rd free made me purchase whole Half Speed Bob Marley collection.... looks like our local stores seeing potential in record sales....

2. teag

teag Forum Resident

Makes sense. They have the right to raise the price and we have the right to go elsewhere.

SME12A likes this.
  3. cdynak

cdynak Active Member

Am I happy about this? No. But I do understand it. Manufacturing is expensive...Quality manufacturing is even MORE so. This is speculation, but I'm guessing the profit margins aren't as good as people think. Compare Analog Productions to Music Matters. Yes, MM is a better product...but not dramatically! Now compare their pricing. MM is what? $70-80 on average? That's hefty coin. Worth it? Yes. Now look at AP. Pricing is $35 for a 33rpm and $55 for a 45rpm. That's allot of bang for your audiophile buck! This is my opinion, but at the end of the day I think AP is still a bargain. I love both...but I have allot more of AP in my collection. Food for thought.

Spencer R likes this.
  4. teag

teag Forum Resident

I pre-ordered Neil Youngs new live album on Amazon Thursday for $8 less than Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct, etc. It was received 2 days later, in perfect condition. Free shipping with Prime. Didn't have to wait 3-4 days for it to ship and another week for Fed X. Didn't have to buy $99 of vinyl to get free shipping. Not bad.

Monsieur Gadbois likes this.