“Now That Really Hit the Spot” moments*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Otis P, Mar 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otis P

Otis P Forum Resident Thread Starter

Greetings everyone.
    Just wondering if you all ever have “Now That Really Hit the Spot” moments when you listen to music? Not merely occasions where you put on an album and enjoy it well enough -- or think “hey...pretty good” -- but rather those times where you start up the music and find yourself transfixed from first track to last. At the end, you find yourself thinking -- holy @#$%...that really hit the spot -- which may be another way of saying you just managed to align the music perfectly with your mood, state of mind, emotional needs, etc.

I’m guessing it happens to me at most once or twice per month; this after typically trying several selections that are not quite "right" (whatever that means). It could be my 100th time hearing an album or the first. As you may guess -- it just happened this evening -- so now I’m thinking that it may be fun to have a forum-based running log of holy @#$% musical moments.

Here is mine for today:

3-1-21 (8:35pm album finishing time):

John Renbourn Group -- A Maid in Bremen (just released last week):

scott1a likes this.
  2. mercuryvenus

mercuryvenus Forum Resident

Yes! It depends on the day, but today I drove home from work and blasted I Won’t Back Down.

It felt perfect!

3. Otis P

I should have shared this -- but a fairly large percentage of my "Hit the Spot" moments happen while drivng!!

mercuryvenus likes this.
  4. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

As a matter of fact, that happened to me today. “Versions Of The Truth” by The Pineapple Thief.

5. scott1a

scott1a Professor Sleestak

This is one of the most magical parts of being a music lover. This is also part of the reason that I never feel like I have enough music. I am always chasing that high.

A record that I listened to years ago and didn’t connect with might be listened to again at another time/place and strike that perfect emotional chord. A record that I know by heart might just be the perfect fit on a particular day or at a particular moment. A record that held a certain charm at one point in life might sound new at another, or induce pure nostalgic emotion.

The moments that you so perfectly describe are the moments that we all yearn for... when the stars align to merge that moment in reality seamlessly with a recorded piece of music.

The last time it happened for me was this past week with Joe Higgs - Life of Contradiction

downer likes this.
  6. kilianltia

kilianltia Well-Known Member

Just earlier today while listening to UK's version of Sahara Of Snow live from 1978.

The transition into the end part sounds absolutely fierce with Wetton's fuzz wah bass and the way Eddie Jobson's chords seem so clean in contrast is amazing.

Devin likes this.
  7. Otis P

S

8. Otis P

Stars aligning is a perfect way of putting it...!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.