Oasis - Definitely Maybe

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by oxenholme, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member Thread Starter

Over four hours - highly entertaining, and I'm only a casual fan. It is worth the price for the live version of I Am The Walrus. The expression on the face of the singer (I can never remember which is brother is which) is priceless.

I'd never seen any of the footage before, so I was gripped from beginning to end, and even more so with the bonus disc.

Be warned, there're a lot of expletives being bandied around...

2. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Liam sings, Noel plays guitar.

Is it a recent concert or older?

3. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Old concert- their first tour.

4. grx8

grx8 Senior Member

In some songs Noel sings.

5. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Shoot, yeah.....and very well!

6. Parkertown

Parkertown Tawny Port

I love Noel's singing, be it harmony or lead vocals.

These guys rock. :righton:

(insert Austin Powers accent) Thanks Oxen-baby! I'll be picking this one up!

7. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

I just ordered mine from Amazon.:):)

8. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

A very nice set. To my ears the album does not sound remastered from the original release. My only complaint (other than it constantly crashing on my MAC) is that lack of audio options. A 5.1 mix would have made it definitive. It would also have been nice to have a layer that would enable you to listen to the album on a conventional CD player.

Though the chances are slim, I would LOVE to see "What's the Story Morning Glory" get this treatment. To me that album is their all time classic.

9. Peter D

Peter D Forum Resident

I unfairly dismissed this album when it came out because it's so derivative (of the Beatles, especially). But now that we're in the era of Creed and Hoobastank -- why, just typing the word "Hoobastank" makes me depressed -- "WTSMG" sounds better and better to my ears.

10. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

Ditto. Although my DVD machine is a three year old bottom of the line Panasonic :laugh:

I can't seem to take my eyes off the embarrasing dudes dancing in the TV studio audience for 'Supersonic'...yikes, very distracting. :(

11. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

The first one is the one I dismissed. I was working at a record store when the WTSMG came out, and my manager (a fellow FABS nut), basically said, "forget what you think you know about this band, and listen to this record." I was hooked, and it was one of those albums that got put on repeat for entire days on end. Yes, it's derivative, but it is very well written, which is why it stands up so well. I find the derivativeness fun, inspired, unselfconscious, and not as totally overpowering as others do. it still sounds like Oasis, even with all the references.

man, I'd love a brand new record to fall in love with like I fell in love with WTSMG. The last one for me was Ryan Adam's "RockNRoll."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.