OK folks... "Wings Greatest"-- THIS is the one you want...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Joel Cairo, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Wow! Congrats Keith. I hope you love the disk!

Sean

2. stever

stever Senior Member

Congrats, Keith! I was watching that auction, too. I have to say though, that's an insane price for a CD. But I'll bet a lot of us have gone a little crazy on eBay at one time or another. Nice going!

3. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff Thread Starter

It's a nice catch, Keith... when you hear the whole thing, you'll be glad that you landed a copy.

Let us all know how comfortable that dog house is for the next week or so, though... OK? :D

-Kevin

4. reidc

reidc Senior Member

YikeS!!!!!! If I spent that kind of money on a CD- I would intentionally put myself out with the dog, or on the couch!

Keith- you really gotta be into it! I hope its all you thought and more- and congratulations!

Chris

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks, guys. One the one hand, I'm not excited about having paid that much for the disc. On the other hand, I know it sounds great (again, from a partial CD-R I have and everyone's comments), plus it seems to be really rare. While the black-triangle version of Abbey Road seems to come up on eBay all the time, the Wings disc never does.

When I spend this much for a disc, which I rarely do, by the way, I have to think of it as an investment. Will I ever get a return on my investment should I ever want to sell the disc? Maybe, maybe not. Still, I figure the disc is a good investment given that it's McCartney, it's rare, and it sounds great.

I recently bought an old RCA "fake stereo" CD of Elvis' debut album (catalog number PCD1-1254) for about the same amount of money as the Wings disc. So I got the Elvis disc for about half of the accepted book value. That's still a lot to pay for a disc, but it's Elvis and it's rare. The rub is that the disc sounds like garbage. Will it be a good long-term investment? Time will tell. There are obviously a lot of fanatical Elvis collectors out there.

6. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Not too comfortable, but my wife allows me a boombox to play all the discs I've been buying! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.