Ok what the heck is going on with the prices of the DCC and other golds on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by johnny33, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny33

johnny33 New Member Thread Starter

Does this happen every so often? These crazy prices people are jacking these golds up to . I mean its really jumped 100's of dollars here in the last month.Is this a common occurance and then is subsides back to normal crazy prices? :laugh: Even slipless and opened copies are going nuts, These people scare me :sigh:

2. Macca

Macca R'kid

I don't know what's normal but I haven't bought one for under a $100. I'm sure they pull my leg every time. :laugh:

3. johnny33

Suckaaaaah!! jk.. :laugh:

No, seriously though, Ive seen some pretty outrageous prices right now. 250- 450 range that go for usually 75- 150 bucks less.

4. Macca

Macca R'kid

Yeah, I'm only keeping track on the Macca one's but there's some outrageous prices there too. Some for 400 bucks sometimes. You'd think that the buyer would controll the market more than the seller in these cases, if you know what I mean. :)

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It's simple...prices are escalating because supply is decreasing and demand is increasing. There are fewer people selling what they've got and more people wanting what is only available from those that have them but aren't selling. Until those with DCCs start selling off what they have and/or those without them stop wanting them, I don't see this situation geting any better pricewise for those who want them.

6. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

We have 12 778 members here now, and as long as this place keeps growing, the DCC must-haves, the Floyd must-haves and the target must-haves will go up because their numbers can't grow along with us.

We're seeing that with the DVD audio's as well....

7. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I never knew what a target was until recently and because of this forum. So that is just one more person looking for them now. I am sure there are lots of people like me just discovering gold cds, targets, etc. and less and less people willing to sell.

What is interesting to me is I posed a question on this forum about a year ago asking if people think the prices of gold cds will go up or down and pretty much everyone said they think they will either stay the same or go down. I am pretty sure that must of been wishful thinking.

I see these things being worth a heck of allot more 10 years down the road. I know I am not selling what I have unless it is a sealed copy or an extra copy and I am still looking for more titles of all kinds of discs.

Like the person said, supply is shrinking and demand is growing. People can fool themselves or jhave wishful thinking but this is reality.

8. johnny33

Im not sure I buy the supply and demand though. Why all the sudden? Prices werent this crazy a month ago. Now all the sudden?

9. LesPaul666

LesPaul666 Mr Markie - The Rock And Roll Snarkie

Sure looks that way, unfortunately.

10. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

some shot up and have relaxed a bit now but over time the trend is and has been for sure up.

11. CT Dave

CT Dave Senior Member

It's pretty scary when I think that my most valuable possesions, other than my car, are the few DCC/MFSL discs I own. :eek:

Maybe it's time to rent out a safe deposit box and just burn copies to keep at my apartment.

12. bresna

bresna Senior Member

You know it's bad - people are bidding on a mymusicfix auctions! :laugh:

Seriously, someone just bid $400 for 4 Miles Davis DCC gold CDs that can be had for at least half that. Add to that the $300 for 3 Wes Montgomery CDs and I'd say, yeah, DCC gold CD prices are a little nuts right now. I bought one of the Wes CDs off eBay last years for under $20.

13. johnny33

Yeah Im thinking this is a crazy time. Or at least I hope its just temporary,

14. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

Same here. What boggles my mind is that people are paying more for CDs now on eBay that they could have bought in stores just a few months ago, such as the Bad Company gold disc. At first I thought it was just newbies on eBay, but most seem to have pretty high feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BAD-COMPANY-MFS...goryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is sort of an extreme example, but still!

15. street legal

street legal Senior Member

I've noticed this trend too, VERY recently, & it surprises me as well. I've been looking for the "Venus & Mars" & "Wings at the Speed of Sound" DCC's for quite awhile now, & those 2 seem to have gone up in price quite a bit. I was able to score a "Venus & Mars" for about $60 including shipping, which I didn't think was too bad. Still on the hunt for a reasonably priced "Speed of Sound" though. :( Luckily, that's really the last DCC that I really need, as far as titles that I am interested in. Well, there is the "Ringo!", but I don't think I'll EVER spring for that one.

16. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I got my open ringo recently for right around $150 which si a fair price imo

17. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

18. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Maybe he loudness wars are pushing more music lovers towards better sounding recordings. :confused:

19. WestGrooving

WestGrooving Forum Resident

Also, this hobby of collecting out of print quality recordings might be gaining attraction world wide. China is entering the audiophile equipment market. I could see more people there taking an interest in this hobby. However, I suspect the overwhelming majority will still be convenience focused regarding their music (music on the go).

20. johnny33

Ok , some Beatles stuff just went outrageous( even for Beatles). Im staying away from eeee-broke for awhile.

21. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Cripes, the market's really gone nuts when $150 is a fair price for a CD that was selling for a third that price only a few years ago!

I remember in late 2004/early 2005, I could find lots of MFSL and DCC titles between $15 and $30. I remember I passed on a copy of G&R's "Use Your Illusion I" because I thought $24 was too high! Those days are gone... :thumbsdn:

22. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

yup if you want it chances are you will have to pay a bit more than that. A used one recently went for $350 granted that is an outlier but still it was worth that to someone. More than one open Aqualung DCC has gone for $300 recently as well. Not too long ago they were going for about 100. Wish I bought a bunch of them when they were selling for $50.

23. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I was buying mfsls in 2005 but I surely didn't see the prices you are talking about on ebay anyhow.

24. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Also since theprices are so outrageous are you selling yours? I hear allot of people talk about how crazy the prices are but they hold on to theirs. That is another reason the prices keep going up as well.

25. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I shoulda loaded up when MFSL and DCC product was remaindered to Music For A Song. We were loading up at half retail price or less!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.