Olivia Newton-John Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bobby Morrow, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member Thread Starter

Some were better than others. A lot of Olivia’s MCA Compact Disc Compact Price ones were pretty basic. A few others were nice though.

2. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Given that I tossed all of mine immediately, I cannot say that I know what any specific title's longbox looked like. My memory is that nearly all of them were just the same cover art enlarged and cropped.

3. Bobby Morrow

That’s about it!

The Back To Basics one might be the best Olivia longbox I saw. I didn’t get them all.

Rosewater and John Adam like this.
  4. Mezepokaj

Mezepokaj Forum Resident

That's great news. Considering this isn't a major re-release (like, let's say, a Beatles one), looks like it may have exceeded expectations.

Rosewater, KJTC and leicbri like this.
  5. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Most of the CDs were put in those plastic long cases and they were so cheap looking. The record store had to use a special tool to pry it off and then they would literally throw the plastic case in a barrel to use again. Most were all scratched up. The worst part is the stores would toss them around while the CD case was inside and a lot of the inner plastic rings would break. Terrible design.

6. Bobby Morrow

Does anybody have the longbox for the original CD release of Physical? I’d like to see that one.

7. Jerms

Jerms Forum Resident

That's awesome!

8. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  9. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

10. Bobby Morrow

11. Bobby Morrow

KJTC likes this.
  12. David G.

David G. Forum Resident

We have a storage unit that we're trying to clean out and close down -- they keep raising the rent on us -- and I think I have a box with a whole bunch of old longboxes in it. I'm just not certain I kept them during my last move. They might have gone to the recycling bin just so I'd have less stuff to transport. I didn't keep every longbox I got, but I did keep the ones from my favorite artists like Olivia. Only the custom ones, of course; I didn't keep any of the generic ones. If I find them, I'll try to scan them all and find a way to upload the photos here.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  13. Bobby Morrow

That would be great.

14. Bobby Morrow

Nothing new on Spotify this morning here in the U.K. We’re still missing the 1971 album and (2).

15. Mezepokaj

Mezepokaj Forum Resident

It seems Olivia's Live Hits was re-uploaded, which is kinda odd, since it was already available (if I remember correctly). Maybe it was just to put the Primary Wave stamp.

16. Bobby Morrow

I never noticed that one.

17. Mezepokaj

Mezepokaj Forum Resident

Yeah, I was barely aware of this album too. :laugh: It's easier to notice these new uploads with Youtube, since the videos can be organized over their release dates.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  18. leicbri

leicbri Forum Resident

Another benefit of the Primary Wave deal - at long last, Olivia songs are beginning to show up on mainstream pop music compilation albums (and not just her early 70s PYE recordings). There have been at least three examples: one I can't remember; one compilation had The Rumour 12" mix on it; and this one has Magic:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-Yearbook-1980-Various-Artists/dp/B0B4916J89/

It's almost like she's being recognised as a legitimate pop artist beyond the ubiquitous Physical, and the Grease songs!

19. Rosewater

Rosewater Forum Resident

No i never knew there was a longer box from "Warm And Tender" this is really new to me.

But i know what long boxes are, i have a few of them from other artist like Glen Campbell.

[​IMG]

20. Rosewater

Rosewater Forum Resident

I love long boxes to but they never fit in the regulare cd collection, i have a few long boxes from other artist.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  21. Rosewater

Rosewater Forum Resident

I like most songs on the cd (2) but there where a few songs that was fine but not really a song i would like to liten over and over again.

David G. likes this.
  22. Rosewater

Rosewater Forum Resident

Let's hope so that's a good sign for Olivia and her fans, i pre-orderd mine vinyl copy last week and it will be out next week in my country, so i hope the store has it on the release date the 24th this month, i bought the regulare black vinyl because there was no information on colour vinyl releases here in my country.

Those anybody knows if the regulare black vinyl from "Physical" also comes with a poster?.

Mezepokaj likes this.
  23. Rosewater

Rosewater Forum Resident

I wish i bought the vinyl elpee from Back To Basics, it seems now very rare to find on Discogs or on Ebay, i saw it ones on a record fair day, i'm still regret it i never bought it

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  24. Rosewater

Rosewater Forum Resident

i never knew there was one from Physical

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  25. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I can confirm the black vinyl includes a poster. The larger reproduction of the "sweaty" poster that was in the original reissue. I think Target exclusive is the only one who had the other poster. Same size though.

Rosewater likes this.