Olivia Newton-John Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bobby Morrow, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Fan4Eva

Fan4Eva Well-Known Member

Imagining the Vero response… ‘…you’re lucky you got this… what do you expect with pictures over 40!years old.. blah excuse… blah excuse…do you know how busy I am?…’

Burningfool and Bobby Morrow like this.
  2. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member Thread Starter

“No you’re wrong. This is the original photo. She was always headless in it”.

:D

3. Bobby Morrow

The Totally Hot picture disc is nice. I paid £7.99 for it in 1979. A normal LP would have cost around £4-5 then, so it was a bit more expensive.

4. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Love that picture disc! I had to import it. Then ten years later I found another copy for a couple of bucks in a local record store in the used bin. It was mint to boot. I was stunned.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  5. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Don’t post that on the ONJ Facebook Group or they will turn on you for getting 2 of the same. Lol

I hate to think I’ll end up paying $300 if I want one now. :( Why did I wait so long? :shake:

6. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

You only paid $10.00 US dollars in 1979 for that? Wow!

7. KJTC

KJTC Forum Resident

Still no track listing, but they’re listing a 1 CD and a 2 LP edition like the GHV1 booklet previewed. I am really fascinated to see how they make two LPs out of this.

ZedLife64 likes this.
  8. edcw

edcw Forum Resident

If I remember correctly, it retailed for about $9.00 US dollars when it was released back then. I passed on it as I already had the regular album and the extra expense didn’t fit in my (at the time) teenager’s budget.

Song4U likes this.
  9. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I’m surprised this is coming in very early January. I would guess pre orders will be coming soon. Wow so much Olivia love lately with all these releases.

KJTC likes this.
  10. Fan4Eva

I had a similar experience with the “Deeper Than the Night “ picture disc. I found it in the regular 45 bin at a store in NYC, RPM Sounds or something like that about 20 years ago. Priced the same as regular 45’s in the bin.

11. Bobby Morrow

Yes. As I said it was around double the cost of a regular LP then, so I probably thought it was quite expensive in 1979.:)

12. Bobby Morrow

Never picked that one up. I had a couple of chances, but passed both times. The Totally Hot and U.K. Magic PDs are lovely, though.

13. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Was the Totally Hot PD a limited edition? How many were issued?

14. Bobby Morrow

No idea. We didn’t get info like that back then.

15. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I guess it was a worldwide release unlike the Physical PD right? Did you ever see a promo ad for the TH PD?

16. Bobby Morrow

No. I’d have never known about it at all if my local record shop hadn’t told me they’d got it.

It was an EMI release. As they were Olivia’s record company at the time, I’m guessing they put it out to give TH’s sales a boost. I don’t think the PD was available worldwide. Just a U.K. thing.

17. edcw

edcw Forum Resident

The TH PD was also released by MCA in the U.S. It was pretty widely available as were PD’s for other major releases at the time.

18. Bobby Morrow

Oh really? I thought it was just a U.K. thing. Never saw the MCA edition. It’s not on Discogs that I can see.

19. Fan4Eva

<<<Trying to avoid researching this then desperately wanting one>>>

20. Bobby Morrow

You probably wouldn’t like it.

She has her head on in both pictures.

:)

21. leicbri

leicbri Forum Resident

I’m quite relieved that PDs don’t really interest me - although they would if they included a genuinely rare photo. There are bound to be some Ritts shots that we’ve never seen. Certainly, unseen Soul Kiss shots keep appearing. Using the album art for the Physical PD was lazy - and splitting the image across two sides of a non-gatefold item even lazier! :unhunh:

Burningfool, Fan4Eva and Bobby Morrow like this.
  22. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I’m not sure if anyone mentioned this but the Physical PD was made in Canada. There’s a sticker on the back.

I’m assuming Olivia must have known and approved this PD?

23. Bobby Morrow

The Totally Hot and Magic single PDs are really nice. Worth getting if you can find them for a decent price.

leicbri likes this.
  24. Fan4Eva

Magic had one?!?!

25. Bobby Morrow

In the U.K., yes.