Olivia Newton-John Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bobby Morrow, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member Thread Starter

The fold-outs seemed to be an early MCA thing. Barry Gibb’s Now Voyager had one too.

David Campbell likes this.
  2. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I have a BB King CD from MCA that also had a similar lyric fold out. Also some of the early Columbia releases did the same. I have a copy of Billy Joel's The Stranger that had a fold out of liner notes and lyrics,but strangely didn't include the photo that was on the original LP inner Sleeve.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  3. Bobby Morrow

All my copies of The Stranger (sadly there are many) have lyric booklets and the ‘boxing gloves’ picture.

Yours must be a very early version.

4. David Campbell

It must be. I got it in 1997 via the Columbia house record club ,so it also could have been because of that. I also have one of the later Stranger CD's and its got the lyric book and the boxing gloves photo on the inlay.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  5. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Get rid of an ONJ CD?! Did I read that right, Jarleboy?

Jarleboy likes this.
  6. David Campbell

I know ,right? BLASPHEMY!

:D

Pizza and Jarleboy like this.
  7. Jarleboy

Jarleboy Music was my first love

Well, she´s just a bland sort of a MOR singer, isn´t she?

And yes, I AM kidding! :righton:

Pizza likes this.
  8. SimpleSimonSays

SimpleSimonSays Forum Resident

Since I am unlucky with posters in Olivia's LPs, I was wondering If, for those of you with multiples editions, Physical came with both posters or only one? Mine didn't had any and my friend who bought it around the same time didn't either. We both bought it in Canada when It came out in 1981.

9. Bobby Morrow

The UK LP had no poster.

The US had the ‘sweaty vest’ one.

I’m assuming the Japanese version had 2 as replicated in the 2010 SHM CD.

Jarleboy likes this.
  10. SimpleSimonSays

The Make A Move On Meish poster on the SHM-CD was the first time I saw that one hence why I was curious If It was a Japanese only poster or If It was on other editions as well.

Jarleboy likes this.
  11. Bobby Morrow

I never had the Japanese LP.

Would it say if it had both posters on Discogs?

Jarleboy likes this.
  12. SimpleSimonSays

Discogs doesn't even show a poster in the Japanese LP edition... but then again, as I am sure you are already aware, Discogs, like Wikipedia, is as good as we make it... I am sure fans contribute but my guess is that it's mostly sellers who aren't as crazy as we are with details and precisions...

:crazy: :unhunh:

Jarleboy and Bobby Morrow like this.
  13. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I believe you got one or the other or none. The only time I got both was in the CD mini. I don’t recall if I have both full size LP posters. I think I do.

Jarleboy likes this.
  14. David G.

David G. Forum Resident

I have a Japanese Physical LP, but it has no posters in it at all. It was purchased at a record show some time in the late '80s, though, and probably had a previous owner who might have taken the poster(s) out. My original U.S. copy has the one poster Bobby described.

Jarleboy likes this.
  15. Bobby Morrow

[​IMG]

Olivia at last night’s Industry Dance Awards and Cancer Benefit Show where she received a Lifetime Achievement award.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    RSteven, bob60, MMM and 2 others like this.
  16. Bobby Morrow

[​IMG]

With Kenny Ortega

[​IMG]

With the enormous Delta Goodrem

RSteven, David G. and bob60 like this.
  17. David Campbell

It may just be me,but she's looking better and better. The 60 minutes interview aired two Sundays ago was done in April,and it's obvious she has put on more weight since even then. She even said in her acceptance speech she's doing "extremely well" so hopefully she's once again got this beast on the run.

RSteven, MMM, BeSteVenn and 1 other person like this.
  18. Bobby Morrow

Her face has filled out. At the Grease event a year ago, she had that ‘skull’ look that end stage cancer patients often get.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    RSteven and Jarleboy like this.
  19. Jerms

Jerms Forum Resident

While I was driving this morning I had my iPod on shuffle and "If Love is Real" popped up in the mix. It got me to wondering which of the "deep cut" album tracks were everyone's favorites around here. Those songs that weren't released as singles (A or B sides) but ones we probably like as much (maybe more) than the ones that are the hits.

Some of mine would be "If Love is Real", "I Think I'll Say Goodbye", "Don't Throw It All Away", "A Thousand Conversations", "The Last Time You Loved", "Sail Into Tomorrow", "Never Enough", "Boats Against The Current", "Recovery", "Silvery Rain", "Walk Through Fire"

Mezepokaj, Jarleboy and Bobby Morrow like this.
  20. Bobby Morrow

Great picture of Olivia and Pat in London in the 60s!

[​IMG]

mcd4959, RSteven, MMM and 1 other person like this.
  21. Bobby Morrow

The press handling of Olivia’s illness has been abysmal. Every time she resurfaces they claim her cancer has newly returned despite the fact she’s had it for over 2 years now! Longer if you count the 2013 reoccurrence. They’ve also misinterpreted her decision not to be told how long she has to live as that she hasn’t actually got long to live! Really terrible reporting. I don’t know why she bothers to speak to them.

22. Bobby Morrow

[​IMG]

I don’t know if she’s trying to look sexy here or she’s about to beat someone up.:D

mcd4959, RSteven, MMM and 1 other person like this.
  23. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

w/ Jane Seymour

[​IMG] [​IMG]

RSteven and MMM like this.
  24. Mezepokaj

Mezepokaj Forum Resident

Well, there are many... But in addition to some you already mentioned, I would choose Love Song, Who Are You Now?, Not Gonna Be the One, Pony Ride, Lifestream, Do You Feel and Can I Trust Your Arms.

25. Mezepokaj

Mezepokaj Forum Resident

Yeah, I guess she can't beat their narrative. She probably just wants the fans to know she's okay and promote cancer awareness. I hope she doesn't mind this media stuff from now on and live her life, though.

Bobby Morrow likes this.