Omnivore - Back to School Sale - 50% off all CDs, LPs, slipmats, t-shirts (8/11 - 8/14)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Suedebelly, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident Thread Starter

I didn't see an existing thread for Omnivore Recordings that captured the scope of their current Back to School sale. 50% off all CDs, LPs, slipmats, and t-shirts. Sale runs from August 11th through August 14th.

From their e-mail earlier today:

"From August 11 through August 14, we’d like to offer you some fresh supplies of the sound variety to get you ready for the new school year. Nearly everything on the Omnivore site is 50% off (the only exceptions being new releases and pre-orders.) That means CDs, LPs, slipmats, t-shirts—all for half price.

Stock is limited to copies on hand, and please don’t add pre-orders to your cart, as it will delay your order, and you’ll miss out on the discount. "
    I ordered a bunch of items (Posies, Rave-Ups, Lone Justice, Gene Clark, Loud Family, Linda Thompson, etc) that I was looking for and they all showed up as half-price on the website. Omnivore also now uses Hello Merch as their distributor and several past experiences have shown that they are very fast with getting their orders fulfilled and sent out.

mur, C6H12O6, black sheriff and 2 others like this.
  2. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

Awesome! I just wish they would repress their Jellyfish LPs!

mrdon and garrincha like this.
  3. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Is there a code or something? I'm not getting the discount automatically. Thanks!

FYI I am looking at the Posies 6xLP set, showing $119.99. Is that discounted???

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  4. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

The prices are already discounted (i.e. most single albums are showing up as $10.98 automatically).

5. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Thanks for the tip.
    I picked up three Gladiators lps.
    That Sam Phillips for $9 and change is worth grabbing..

black sheriff and hutlock like this.
  6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

any shipping coupons?

mur likes this.
  7. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Is anyone able to add the Vince Guaraldi album to their cart? Somehow I can't.

8. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident Thread Starter

It's not the most intuitive system but it means that the album is out of stock. The item shows up as an oval saying either "Buy CD" or "Buy LP" - and if it is in-stock, then the oval changes to a square and it can be added to your cart. I had the same experience in one of their previous sales with a Lone Justic album I was trying to order that was out of stock and finally figured out why I couldn't put the album in my cart. It would be a whole lot easier to just show "out of stock" in my opinion.

9. Tjazz

A few Capitol Buck Owens LPs for $6.49
    Susan Raye / Buck Owens LPs also $6.49

$8.50 for Buck Owens CDs.

mur likes this.
  10. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

I was just coming to post on this, glad someone else alerted everyone. I picked up 7 CDs I've been eyeing for a while for $69, great deal! Translator, Merle Haggard Capitol singles, both America Heritage discs, Guaraldi Warner/Seven Arts, Les McCann Invitation to Openness, and Hasaan Ibn Ali's Retrospect in Retirement of Delay. Stoked!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  11. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

12. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I bought a bunch of vinyl:

Holsapple & Stamey-- Our Back Pages
    Raspberries-- Pop Art (3LP for $19!)
    NRBQ-- In Frequencies
    Brian WIlson-- Sessions 64
    Brian & Van Dyle-- Orange Crate Art
    NRPS-- Field Trip
    Matthew Sweet-- Catspaw
    Buck Owens-- Best of Vol. 5

Damn good haul for $100.

All this stuff seems to still be available for just 24 more hrs...

Tjazz likes this.
  13. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

I just splurged on a ton of Big Star/Alex Chilton/Chris Bell stuff. Also their George Jones UA singles compilation, the Wanda Jackson Capitol singles compilation, and all three Lone Justice releases.

Thanks @Suedebelly!

ATMP likes this.
  14. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

Picked up: Gladiators x2, Justin Hinds, Rave Ups x2, Lloyd Cole, & Peter Case.

Thanks to Suedebelly.

black sheriff likes this.
  15. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

After years of procrastination, I finally got the Bobby Darin/Johnny Mercer cd. Also added the Vince Guaraldi Warner/Seven Arts cd set.
    The shipping rate is ridiculously expensive. 2 cds for $8.50. I recall this is what had deterred some of my past purchases.

16. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Don’t forget — the Buck Owens sealed vintage vinyl are from Buck’s own collection. Certificate of authenticity included. Pretty neat.

17. Roosevelt Sykes

Roosevelt Sykes Forum Resident

hi_watt and Patanoia like this.
  18. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hello Omnivores,

Let’s see—you’ve got pencils, notebooks, highlighters, and books. Now all you need are some things you really want: CDs and LPs…

Back to school time can be a hassle, getting every little thing you think you or your student will need for the year of reading, writing and ‘rithmatic. But, everyone forgets about the most important thing: treating yourself to some musical goodies for when you don’t wanna do (or help with) homework.

That’s where we come in! In school, out of school, everybody needs new tunes this time of year, so we’re going to make it easy for you. Tuesday, August 8 through Thursday, August 10, we’re offering 40% off everything in our webstore. No need to break out the calculator from your Trapper Keeper, the sale price will appear in your cart.

Now—the fine print: Items are limited to stock on hand, and there are no rain checks, so shop early. Also, please remember to not add any pre-orders into your cart, as that will delay shipping and you’ll miss out on the discount. Plus, that will most likely send you to the Principal’s office, and nobody wants that.

So, let’s fill up your music locker with CDs, LPs, DVDs, Slipmats, T-Shirts—whatever you’d like from our webstore at 40% off for three days only: Tuesday, August 8 through Thursday, August 10. Class dismissed!

Please note, the prices you'll see in the webstore will have the discount already applied to them.

Fred Dender likes this.
  19. Tjazz

Buck Owens Japanese CD imports, from 1991, 10 different. I think these were his first ten albums. $9 each

Direct from the vaults at the Crystal Palace, this sealed CD is from Buck’s original stock.

Please note: As this is a sealed vintage CD there are no returns or replacements.

20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Total coincidence, I think. A friend of mine sent me a link to a band called Night Crickets which happens to be David J (Bauhaus/Love & Rockets) and Victor De Lorenzo (Violent Femmes), among others. I'd never have picked them out in a lineup but the band happens to be on Omnivore. Ordered both the vinyl and CD for around $32 shipped. Thanks to friend and this thread!

21. spewey

spewey Senior Member

Is anyone getting Stephen Stills Live on LP for less than $23.99 on this website?

Just curious if I’m doing something wrong… :confused: :D