Once Upon a Time in Hollywood SPOILERS! SPOILER THREAD...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris DeVoe, Jul 30, 2019.

1. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

Not yet shipped
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. Please check back again
    [​IMG]
    Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
    Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc
    $19.99
    Condition: New

CusBlues likes this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I‘m all Hollywood out. I’ll wait for the dvd. Longer cut would be appreciated.

CusBlues likes this.
  3. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

The Hollywood Theater in Portland is now showing the 70mm print. Me thinks I should go and check it out.

CusBlues, Steve Litos and Ghostworld like this.
  4. I first saw it at that theater in 70mm the very first weekend it open. The picture was amazing but the sound was terrible. Horrible sound system at the Hollywood . Tinny harsh. I was surprised.

I saw it twice again back in Seattle. Digital
    Projection but wonderful sound.

I’m going to the great Seattle Cinerama in about ten days for a 70mm showing again. That theater has great sound.

The Hollywood theater’s sound really disappointed me.

Steve Litos and budwhite like this.
  5. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

In comparison, how much could it cost to install a good sound system versus all the trouble of having a 70mm rig? Now I understand why I complained about the mix not having enough guts, it because they were radio broadcasts.

6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I was dead from hiking and needed to rest and I only convinced myself to rest was by seeing OUATIH for a final and 10th time first run! Still fun!

Now I make the audience have a better time by leading them at all the funny parts with a laugh. It works. I turned a dead silent audience into a laughing one by yucking it up starting with the Bruce Lee scene. It's like people can be afraid to laugh unless someone kicks it off. It was the least I could do for QT showing me such a good time

Mainline461 and budwhite like this.
  7. I thought that at first but the second and third time had excellent sound.

8. alexpop

10 times ye gads.
    What’s the attraction “Bruce Lee”?

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I love brad pitt in this movie. And
    Leo cracks me up

Jrr and alexpop like this.
  10. alexpop

John Travolta says he could have seen himself playing the Pitt role. Though he said Brad/Leo had great chemistry. He’s happy though he thinks that Pulp Fiction is the director’s best ( most favourite loved by critics /fans )film.
    Personally I think Pulp Fiction is still QT most iconic film.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  11. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

...and then into mine! Cool. Pre-ordered!

Ghostworld likes this.
  12. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

Old Rusty, ssmith3046, Jrr and 5 others like this.
  13. alexpop

Jrr, Ghostworld and twicks like this.
  14. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

Yeah, I never knew I cared so much about the career arc of late '60s TV actors!

Ghostworld and alexpop like this.
  15. alexpop

Kiddies get to love b&w. :D

16. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Now that is dedication and love for a film, 10 times at the cinema ! :righton:

Can’t wait to see it again in 4K at home. Anyone know when we might be expecting the DVD or Blu , Oct or Nov ?

Ghostworld likes this.
  17. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

The Empire Podcast is with Tarantino and one of the best I've heard
    A lot of the questions/comments/theories from this thread are addressed.
    BTW- I've been to 4 screenings.

18. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

And family friendly!

" *The Empire Podcast does not condone the use of acid-dipped cigarettes. Please use responsibly. "

Troyh likes this.
  19. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

For example, the final scene has been in his mind for 4 to 5 years.
    Another is the above mentioned A.D.C. is from the movie 'Revolution' and was not written in the script.

20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Huh? No way. He would have been Rick (leo dicaprio). When Leo is explaining how Edmund O'Brien told him you have to buy a home in Hollywood to not be a transient, DiCaprio is channeling Travolta so hard it's unmistakable (although it may have been DiCaprio imitating QT's physical direction of the scene, and QT is still exuding his "Pulp Fiction" cool on the set. Same with the breakdown in the trailer. And I can see Travolta in the Caleb DaKatu mustache spittin' and hockin'.... Travolta is a better Rick Dalton fit.

twicks and alexpop like this.
  21. alexpop

Yeah! JT would have been way cooler than DiCaprio, but wouldn’t have the physical symmetry to play alongside Pitt, so another actor would be required. Don’t think JT is fazed he didn’t do another QT movie his legend is cemented with Pulp Fiction.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Ghostworld likes this.
  22. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Can anyone say comeback?

23. alexpop

With QT, as in 10th final film ?
    I would say no.
    There was incredible chemistry with JT and Uma that just be be emulated. Don’t think QT would risk it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  24. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Travolta is too old for either part. The part of Dalton specifically had to be a particular type of actor at a particular age, one which DiCaprio fit perfectly. Pitt is about 10 years older than Leo, which is about right for the aging stunt man, in the twilight of his career due to the physical nature of the job. Sorry, Travolta can’t play either of those parts convincingly at his age.

Ironic, considering that Dalton is experiencing that exact dilemma in the movie.

25. alexpop

Variety’s top 3 QT films are..

1- Pulp Fiction
    2- RD
    3- IB