Ordering Out Of Stock vinyl from Music Direct

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Rhinojack, May 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've had my eye on Foghat's - Fool for the City (MoFi 180gm vinyl Original Master Recording) for a couple years and have always seen this message:

Availability: Out of Stock: Usually leaves our warehouse in 4 - 6 weeks
    This product is not currently in stock in our warehouse but is on order with the manufacturer.

And of course there are plenty of others with the same statement. My question, if I place an order, will I be waiting in vain? I'd wait for 6 weeks, but I've seen that message as I said for a couple of years. It never seems to be in stock.

2. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident Thread Starter

So nobody has ordered out of stock vinyl from Music Direct? I wonder why they have that option?

3. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

I ordered some Dead MFSL 45RPM's that were not in stock and said the same thing. Took about 9mo to receive them. I think they won't press another run unless there's enough orders backed up. So, I would advise if you want it, to order it.

Rhinojack likes this.
  4. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Yep. I have orders in for the Blonde on Blonde box and Kind of Blue. May take a long time but I can wait and pay retail rather than 2x-3x now. Billy Joel Greatest Hits vinyl box was well worth the wait! That took several months but true to their word it was repressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.