Outlander

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

Yes it can be tough to watch but the point is to show really how much Jaime went through with Randall. Only by showing it can you really understand what comes next in Season 2. Too be honest I've seen more sadistic things on cable TV.

2. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

I’ll say this one more time and drop it, but I don’t want to understand what comes next. I don’t understand what the point is of dwelling on why Randall is such an evil sadist. If there’s some point or message there that I’m missing, I think it could be made without lingering on the torture scenes to such an extent.

yesstiles likes this.
  3. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

I get you but knowing how evil and sadistic Randall is makes total sense if you keep watching but that will be my last post on the matter. Hope you choose to give it a shot because its fantastic show. How freaking beautiful are the shots of Scotland is season 1? So breathtaking. Want to visit there so bad.

4. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Totally agree. Both leads are great! Catriona is my favorite.
    I'm on episode 10 of season 3 right now.

5. budwhite

It's a beautiful show. But none of it is from the Americas. South Africa was the location used for season 3 in the Carribean.
    Season 4 in the american colonies was filmed in Scotland with some additional footage from Slovakia(rivers and mountains)

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

We are up to Season 4 episode 6 where the gang is in the wild with Indians all around. My wife loves the show and I like the beautiful Claire who is one of the most randy female characters of all time. She loves a good roll in the hay!

we had to switch from Netflix to the Starz app to continue the show but luckily my TV has Roku so it’s easy to switch streaming services.

mdm08033 likes this.
  7. budwhite

Season 5 was easily the weakest so far.

alexpop likes this.
  8. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I quite enjoyed it. My least favourite series was the one largely in Paris, with the pretender king. Maybe I have to watch it again to get it.

In season 5 I was surprised that Stephen Bonnet seemed to be done away with so quickly. They spent so long building him up as a very effective baddie, his sudden demise came as a bit of a shock.

9. budwhite

Agreed on Bonnet. Also very surprised that they didn't get to the Independence war. I think the last two seasons has only covered three years.
    And please, no more rape scenes and kidnappings. I think they done that about ten times so far. I mean come on, that is just silly writing.
    Great song in the last episode

10. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

My GF and I are just in to Season 4 so I've stopped reading after this post. We thought a good Outlander drinking game would be when Bonnie Prince Charlie says "mark me."

11. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

If you're try to get drunk you should drink every time Jamie yells "Claire!"

12. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Or Sassenach, which he seems to call her more often.

Doc Sportello and Rufus McDufus like this.
  13. Doc Sportello

Doc Sportello Active Member

It’s a slow build up and a romance. It gets pretty entertaining though. Nothing like Game of Thrones but worth a shot.

14. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Usually wait for the season to finish and get the DVD. Succumbed to watching it on tv( oh..the horror).
    Season 6: Episode 1
    Disappointed. Not much action. The obligatory shag at the end.

15. Ken E.

Ken E. Senior Member

I am enthralled with this series. Doing three episodes per day to catch up, too many spoilers out there on the wild, wild web.
    Funny, I find myself listening to Jethro Tull more than usual these days.

16. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Not sure if this warrants a separate thread but Outlander fans may get a kick out of it:

Fun little (non-fiction) miniseries featuring Sam Heughan and Graham McTavish road trippin' from the Highlands to the Lowlands and, mercifully, sometimes wearing pants. It's a nice little overview of the beauty of Scotland and each episode could have been twice as long and it would have been great.

Also a Starz exclusive.

budwhite and JohnG like this.
  17. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Yeah, really enjoyed Sam and Graham's "Men in Kilts" 8 episodes that just wrapped up. Good chemistry between the two and lots of humour.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  18. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

We binged watched the first 3 seasons and part of 4, but stopped watching it and never got around to picking up where we left off. It was before COVID when we last watched the series. I really enjoy period pieces, so the show was very intriguing to me.

19. Zumbi

Zumbi Senior Member

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this show! It is perfect in any way. I have seen every season and episode more than 10 times now, My favorite seasons are 1 and 3, but all of them are great! The only thing I dislike is both the character and the actress that plays her...Brianna...awful...remove her and it would be perfect! No acting skills what so ever.... every other actors / actresses in the show are great, so no idea what happened with her... No one else wanted the role?

20. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Good call. That scene left me totally perplexed and nauseated. It went on and on and on. Disgusting and disheartening. Shame on all involved.

21. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Agreed, it was appallingly long and needn't have been shot that way to produce the same effect that you were witnessing such an evil act. While I really like Season 1, I gave up during Season 2 when it got bogged down in France. Too many other shows out there to watch, but very glad I saw the first season.

yesstiles likes this.
  22. Alan G.

Alan G. Forum Resident

Season 6 of Outlander starts tonight on STARZ. Looking forward to it!

gabbleratchet7 likes this.
  23. Zumbi

Zumbi Senior Member

I will start all over once again from season 1 episode 1 before I start watching the new season, so I better stay out from this thread.... I don't want any spoilers!

mdm08033 likes this.
  24. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I was totally lost with that series too. It does get better in subsequent series. It seems to have quite a few twee episodes where not a lot happens, and then the story arc starts over along again and I'm dragged back in.

25. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I mainly watch it for Caitríona Balfe. :love:

badfinger54 likes this.