Ozark (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dmiller458, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Very true. I, too, have a problem remembering the plot lines from the past season. It almost takes watching the 1st & 2nd seasons again to get the entire gist of what's going on and, frankly, I don't care to do that. I can't even remember how Ozark S2 ended quite frankly.

3. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

We watched the first 3 episodes last night. Very good so far.

Anyone playing a drinking game while watching? Take a drink with every F Bomb. You'll be loaded at the end of an episode.

mrjinks likes this.
  4. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Watched the first 2 season 3 episodes last night, very good.

Szeppelin75, Daryl M and MikeInFla like this.
  5. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I’ve done it with Marty saying “okay” and almost died of alcohol poisoning.

Silken, mrjinks, proedros and 4 others like this.
  6. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

she has been kick ass in each of the last 3 things i've seen her in-Ozark, The Americans, and Dirty John. gonna be around for a long time IMO

7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Episode 5:
    WTF :yikes:

8. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

I remember almost every word from seasons 1&2. (I wish I had such memory at work).
    Can't wait to see Season 3. Want to finish that Tiger thing first. We love cats (small ones). Interesting fricks in that show.

MikeInFla likes this.
  9. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Just finished it. I came to Ozark late, so I've watched the entire series these last few months. While this season has some stellar acting, especially by Linney, the story isn't especially memorable, it's kinda the same ol', same ol'. Episode 8 was powerful. Like I said, after basically binge-watching the entire series, choosing season 1 as the best is easy.

10. hybrid_77

hybrid_77 Forum Resident

Good to have Wendy, Marty and the whole crew back. First 2 episodes were great and both were directed by Bateman.

Wendy's brother seems like he's going to be a handful. That scene with him as a substitute teacher was great. Wendy went from knowing nothing about Marty's business to being a partner (and competitor?) in crime. The drug cartels are ruthless. Darlene is up to something. I have a feeling....

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  11. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Only watched the first two episodes of season 3 so there is a way to go but Darlene should've been killed off last season.

George P and EricSwan like this.
  12. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Yeah, really good. season. Crazy ending. But it didn’t need the sex scene between the 68 woman and 21 year guy lol.

13. Yeah that was disturbing.

14. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Just watched Season 3 first episode. Great! This season may be the best of all.

Szeppelin75 and wayneklein like this.
  15. bopdd

bopdd Senior Member

I'm a little over halfway through and inclined to agree. Whereas previous seasons felt a little too heavy-handed and unrealistically violent (to me, that is), I feel like this one does a better job at riding out the tension and conflict. The directing is more assured and the plotlines more legible and compelling, in my opinion.

Ryan Lux, Szeppelin75 and yesstiles like this.
  16. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Plowed through the entire season this weekend!

Really good stuff. I agree that the storyline is a bit formulaic in a sense, but I like that it moves fast. While some shows move slowly, this one is always moving fast, to where if you missed an episode (like if it was a once a week show and missed one), you'd be way behind. Every episode has tons of new stuff jam packed that keeps it always interesting. And it goes without saying that Bateman, Linney and Garner are all doing a tremendous job.

17. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Tom Pelphrey’s portrayal of Wendy’s brother Ben is some of the finest acting I’ve seen in a while, and the whole cast is really doing an outstanding job.

He’s a previous Emmy winner and this should be a strong contender for him. Some clever casting agent should get him a part with Keanu Reeves as brothers.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Silken, kanakaris, George P and 4 others like this.
  18. modela

modela Forum Resident

I watched Ozark Season 3 over the past three days and enjoyed it very much. Just as good as the first two seasons IMHO. Can't wait for Season 4! :righton:

Szeppelin75 and trumpet sounds like this.
  19. hybrid_77

hybrid_77 Forum Resident

I figured Darlene would hook up with Wyatt. She wants another field of poppies.

Szeppelin75 and Brenald79 like this.
  20. MikeInFla

Taking me some time as I am having to watch episodes in segments (getting interrupted). I am on episode 4. At first I didn't really like the redneck brother but he is growing on me... As for "Time For Me To Fly" I thought it really related to Marty. He was ready to "fly" and he did, just not in the way he or we expected.

21. Martinn

Martinn Forum Resident

5 episodes in, I like it, Somehow S2 felt flat to me, this one has promise...

22. MikeInFla

One episode to go, will probably finish season 3 soon. So far this has been a great season. Just when you think this show can't get any darker it does. The end of episode 9 made me sad. At this point I don't know what happens but I have an idea... Will start episode 10 shortly.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  23. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

I am up to episode 8 and am really impressed with how consistently good almost every episode has been. Julia Garner is stealing just about every scene she is in. All of the women in this show are killer.

24. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

Just finished S1E1 and already hooked.

Silken and EVOLVIST like this.