Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [2019+]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Dec 9, 2018.

1. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

When Mike said 'more discs' I didn't even consider it could be a single Archive set.

Another guess:
    DVD1: Typical Archive DVD
    DVD2: In The World Tonight

2. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

And you are absolutely right :uhhuh:

fungomatto likes this.
  3. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

5 CD that would be quite impressive !

Sean, mikecarrera and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  4. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

Hopefully the longer version of "In The World Tonight"

Sean, omikron and mikecarrera like this.
  5. Victor46542

Maybe some Oobu Joobu

Disc 1: Remaster album
    Disc 2: Outtakes (only unreleased songs) + Bside + A Room With a View
    Disc 3: Outtakes (different takes and mix)
    Disc 4: Oobu Joobu (The version that were the B Side of the singles)
    Disc 5: Oobu Joobu (More)

Oyster Boy, fungomatto and Lovich like this.
  6. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

This should mean we finally get a remastered TROPIC ISLAND HUM!! Oh man, I am so gonna annoy the wife with not shutting up about this for the next six months..

SixOClockBoos, Sean, omikron and 8 others like this.
  7. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

There was also an appearance on the UK TV show TFI Friday which included an interview and performance of 2 songs (Flaming Pie and Young Boy) which in keeping with the album, featured Paul accompanying himself on different screens playing different instruments.

The interview was quite amusing. There was a particular section where he was asked questions submitted by celebrities. Two in particular spring to mind:

Bono asked 'what were you on when you wrote the Frog Chorus'?

Ringo asked 'who is your favourite Beatle'?

Sean, omikron, Who Cares and 3 others like this.
  8. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

My one hope for any Flaming Pie rerelease is that they give us the unadulterated bonus tracks that were spliced into those various Oobu Joobu compilations. I'd love to hear I Love This House, Love Mix etc etc without the crossfades at each end. I'd also welcome masterings that are more in keeping with the greater dynamic range of the period in which they were recorded so that they can more easily be slotted into playlists alongside the other 1980s material.

leeroy jenkins, Sean, supermd and 8 others like this.
  9. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

That appearance has, for some reason, really stuck in my mind. Perhaps it was the one moment when McCartney seemed to be on the cusp of being genuinely cool (ish). And then he ruined the moment by telling Evans that the song he wished he'd written was by Billy Joel :rolleyes:

Oyster Boy and Bink like this.
  10. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Yes I remember that! And actually in answer to that Frog Chorus question he stuck up for that song. I say good for him. I would rather he remained uncool.

Interestingly he was also asked what other band he would like to have been in and he mentioned Nirvana - not only did this reinstate some coolness but he kind of did join them a few years later (alas without Kurt).

Sean, supermd, JDeanB and 4 others like this.
  11. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

He had a similar appearance on the Oprah Winfrey show where he debuted the Little Willow video as well.

Wingsfan2012 and Bink like this.
  12. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Too soon for a speculation thread?

Oyster Boy likes this.
  13. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Sean and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  14. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

we've been speculating in this thread for years

klaatuhf, Sean, supermd and 5 others like this.
  15. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

Or the 5 CDs could be…
    1. Flaming Pie remaster
    2. b-sides and outtakes
    3. the "Oobu Joobu" series of b-sides
    4. the Oobu Joobu promo CD that went with copies sold at Best Buy
    5. Rushes (rather than a separate release… kind of like what he did with Thrillington)
    6. video DVD
    7. video blu-ray
    Sad it's not the two Wings albums. And, if it's July, it means likely not getting an announcement until April or May.

As for the Let It Be book that was announced on The Daily Beatle, note that it talks about the availability of Let It Be in the fall — which means home video is likely coming that time.
    That would match other 'authorized' materials being released around a project.
    Like when the remasters were coming and someone released a CD book that held all the original discs, etc.

16. Victor46542

Rushes as no link with Flaming Pie, contrary to Thriollington who got a link with Ram

17. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

When I tried earlier in 2019, Tug Of War was still good [I haven't tried Pipes Of Peace yet], but nothing earlier than that seemed to work.

They may be time-sensitive, or it may be a combination of time-sensitive and a different record label. Who knows..?

Paulismyname likes this.
  18. ProfBoz

ProfBoz Forum Resident

This. I like Flaming Pie just fine, but knowing that we'll have to wait another year, at least, for London Town and Back to the Egg depresses me way out of proportion to the facts on the ground. I'll probably get the 2 CD edition of this one and move on.

Sean, JDeanB, JLPMacca and 2 others like this.
  19. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

mikecarrera likes this.
  20. Brian from Canada

They're both the last LPs with Linda. And he may feel he hasn't enough material to warrant it being released separately.

I think the book will focus on (1) the Beatles Anthology project which inspired him to go back to that way of recording, (2) the recording sessions, (3) the promotion which couldn't involve a tour because Linda had been diagnosed, (4) Rushes had been worked on instead.

Then Run Devil Run can pick up the narrative of (1) Linda's passing, (2) this was the project they wanted to do next, (3) the appearance at the Linda tribute of "Lonesome Town," (4) the band selection and the recording sessions, (5) the promotional appearances.

21. Brian from Canada

When I hit the links, they say Universal-Mercury, but are Paul's on Mercury or at they just Universal itself?

22. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Paul is not on Mercury. His listings usually say Universal/MPL or Universal/Capitol. The link there is for a new Rory Gallagher album, Check Shirt Wizard Live in 1977.

23. sfligio

sfligio Forum Resident

24. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I always thought the TFI interview was one of Paul’s more entertaining interviews

Sean, mikecarrera, Oyster Boy and 3 others like this.
  25. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

I much prefer the ones with the March release date!

Sean, Lovich, Wingsfan2012 and 2 others like this.