Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [2019+]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

If Back to the Egg videos are getting blocked, does it mean what I think it means?

Shak Cohen likes this.
  2. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Speaking of Back to the Egg videos, they must be giving us the album video. That’s gotta be guaranteed to be in the box.

I’ve purposely never watched it, all these years, in waiting for what I thought we would have already had by now: the BTTE box.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

No.

Sean, marklamb, Frank and 1 other person like this.
  4. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

If people want to salivate over Paul's Waterspout, that is one thing. Some therapy may be in order but that is all well and good.

For me I would most want to hear something new. Not a song I have 5 versions of and have heard for years.

Granted it will be nice to finally hear in good quality but it won't be the highlight of the set for me.

Maybe even for me, the thing I am anticipating the most for London Town is a clear-sounding version of the album itself.

Shak Cohen, Who Cares, Sean and 5 others like this.
  5. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I’m with you 1000%, just give me a decent sounding London Town, and split it up on vinyl if necessary.

edit: but my expectations are low, Venus and Mars wasn’t cleaned up either

omikron likes this.
  6. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

This is where we need a technical expert but I think the difference is that V&M was recorded and mixed that way per Paul.

LT was longer than the ideal running time for an LP so the grooves were compressed a bit causing the less than clear sound. So a better sounding album should be possible if freed from those constraints.

Side 1 around 23 minutes
    Side 2 around 28 minutes

**Please** someone correct me if I am wrong here as I am sort of regurgitating info and may not be right.

paulmccartneyistheman and jmxw like this.
  7. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I am not convinced he has issued a puce vinyl version of McCartney III yet. Or peach... and have we had a box set? Yeah, I know we had the 1, 2, 3 set but just a box of McCartney III with an extra disc of demos. In fact did we get the 8-track version yet or...? I think anything new is a fair way off yet! ;)

Bilbo Swaggins likes this.
  8. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I'm still finding Back To The Egg videos. Just actually really enjoyed Spin It On. I don't recall this at all! Probably age!

But I would willingly swap access online for a nice box set with whatever they have on a dvd. Ditto London Town and, well, anything else really.

9. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Oh I know why they both sound like they do, but that’s no excuse :D

I’ve always wondered why Paul wanted that muddy sound for Venus & Mars, still one of the great albums ever in my eyes

Sean, omikron and Oyster Boy like this.
  10. Bilbo Swaggins

Bilbo Swaggins Forum Resident

Just seen this post in the Take it Away Facebook group:

“One of my videos from youtube finally got blocked (Goodnight Tonight - rough mix), not unusual for me since every time I do get a copyright alert, some new release would come up. I'm guessing it's gonna be "Back To The Egg" deluxe box set. This happened before with the Get Back series, P.O.B. box set, plus others non-Beatles related content from my channel, with the same message. As you can see by the "Copyright Content", "Metadata is hidden, as the content in question has not been made publicly available by its provider." Anyways, here is a note from John Lennon on telling Fred Seaman to purchase "Back To The Egg - New Wings L.P."

Take It Away Group | Facebook

I know Facebook is hardly a reliable source of information so take this with a pinch of salt.

11. Arnold Grove

I just randomly searched Google for "Youtube Back To The Egg McCartney" and you can still watch numerous instances of the Egg clips. In fact, the whole darn thing (all 30 minutes) is viewable on Youtube right now (at least in the USA):

Sean, supermd and ConnieGuitar like this.
  12. Bilbo Swaggins

Hence my final sentence :) Although tbf the claim states “metadata is hidden as the content in question has not been made publicly available by its provider” which usually means the claim is for pre-release content, I.e. it’s for an album that will be released in future.

Sean, tug_of_war and Crowdedtent like this.
  13. Harry Hotspur

Harry Hotspur Forum Resident

I really like the different mix of Waterspout. Paul's voice is more to the fore, which is always a good thing. Thanks for the introduction.

theMess and supermd like this.
  14. Macca4ever

Macca4ever Forum Resident

The video is also available outside the US... :) Great memories... a very much underrated album, one of my favourite...

15. Macca4ever

I like Waterspout a lot. Infectious. But we won´t get 5 mixes... I hope to get something I don´t already know

supermd likes this.
  16. Arnold Grove

So it is a case of much ado about nothing, as Back To The Egg clips are not being blocked in a general sense. Most are still available for viewing, regardless of what the next Archive set is and regardless of when it is scheduled---which does not seem anytime in 2022. Hopefully an early 2023 release is being planned. It has been a long time since the last one (Flaming Pie) was released in July 2020.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    Sean, Oyster Boy and Bilbo Swaggins like this.
  17. Macca4ever

I prefer to be optimistic and think Paul will bring us something for Christmas :) in fact I am pretty sure he will

18. Cledwyn

Cledwyn Forum Resident

This one's available too!

:)

Shak Cohen, Sean, Saul Pimon and 3 others like this.
  19. Crowdedtent

Crowdedtent Well-Known Member

There’s more than one video on YouTube though. Fantastic album, can’t wait to have an archive whenever that arrives.

20. Crowdedtent

Just because some clips are still available doesn’t mean others haven’t been blocked.

tug_of_war likes this.
  21. Cledwyn

Cledwyn Forum Resident

And this one as well.

I remember watching all of the Back To The Egg videos on the TV one afternoon in the early 80s.

:)

dunkoid and omikron like this.
  22. Crowdedtent

Thanks for passing on the message, I’ve joined the Facebook group you linked as well.

Bilbo Swaggins likes this.
  23. peteham

peteham Senior Member

Just a fantastic piece of work, that one is.

Sean, supermd, Cledwyn and 2 others like this.
  24. Bilbo Swaggins

Just passing on the message for discussion, there hasn’t been much to talk about archive wise recently! Fingers crossed for early 2023, Back to the Egg and London Town are my favourite wings albums.

25. Arnold Grove

Yes, that is true. But there must be other multiple reasons why a video clip can be blocked. So I do not think that we can conclude anything about which Archive set is coming next or not.