Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kavie87

kavie87 Forum Resident

Will the big boxset be available to the rest of the world? E.g. Australia. Pretty disappointing to miss out based on location... :confused:

2. Famous groupie

Famous groupie Well-Known Member

I’ll do anything to order the Uber box but I live in Australia. Please help!

3. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

It’s bulls**t — to be honest. These aren’t top tier McCartney. Come on.

4. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

So of course with this special 72 tour box this makes it very likely we will get a similar box when BTTE come out showcasing the '79 tour. woo hoo. perhaps we will finally get the complete Kampuchea show video.

5. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

Music is food for the soul

Start with that :D

theMess, jmxw, Frank and 2 others like this.
  6. grorr76

grorr76 Forum Resident

I am an aussie to, the preorders will be up tonight via the EU store, who do ship to us in australia. Patience.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  7. supermd

supermd Senior Member

OK, I just spent a ton of money on this big box. I would regret it if I didn't.

One cool thing is even the live disc comes with an unlimited hi-res download! They are very good about that in these releases, and I am forever grateful. :)

8. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

Are those prices on the PMcC website expected to be higher than those eventually seen on other digital storefronts? Because I don't see anything about the big box limited edition being exclusive to the PMcC website...

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  9. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

In light of my other music purchases this fall, I went for the 2CD sets. I mean, who does Paul McCartney think I am, Paul McCartney? ;)

Frank, Saul Pimon and Mr. Explorer like this.
  10. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

Honestly, $400 is very extreme but I gladly paid it to get the content I want in the format I want it in. Compare that to the FITD set, which I still haven't purchased and still feel like I wouldn't spend more than $75 on it, and even that would feel like a rip-off.

That said, I opted to send it to my parents' house in Virginia to save about $25 in tax, so I'll have to wait a few weeks before I get my hands on it. Oh well...

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. nedwho

nedwho Forum Resident

I can't remember what the list price was for the Flowers set, but I got it on release day for HK$930 (around US$120) from one of my favourite stores in HK - that seemed fair to me. I was hoping to get the RRS set for something similar, but now I'm guessing something around your valuation is more likely. A little steep but well worth it.

The 2-disc Wild Life set will do just fine for me (really happy disc 2 is the b-sides/outtakes rather than the rough cut).

I would absolutely LOVE the mega box set with the live disc but I couldn't live with myself if I put down what they're asking for. Don't get me wrong, MPL is well within their rights to list it for that much and I'm really happy for everyone who's going for it. But what I really want from that box is the live disc and that would basically mean putting down, what, an extra HK$1800 / US$230 on what I'd pay otherwise? And God knows what the shipping to HK would be. Gotta be a no!

Veech and Mr. Explorer like this.
  12. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

As soon as the big one gets availabe for order in Europe I will order. Expensive-sure. But I pick this one before both the White album and the Dylan set.
    Musically Wings 1971-1973 is a mixed bag. But it sperhaps the period closest to my heart-warts and all. The gig I attended 1972 was one of the best ever for me. It was a period of transition were Paul and Eings learned their game
    To get all this stuff in a box is more than I couldhave dreamt of. Given it sa limited edition I guess it will be a highly collectable set as well
    Incredible stuff

13. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Yes, maybe, if the box sets don't end up on close-out prices later. That is one of the better archive CD bonus disc contents yet. But the box set took this long to finally be made, I can wait it out however long it takes to see how many still need to be dumped at maximum discounts. I have the DCC disc, I have all the boots, I very rarely listen to any of it. I'm in no hurry.
    :tiphat:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  14. vegard martinsen

vegard martinsen Forum Resident

Only available in the US????

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

15. Mt.Elga

Mt.Elga Forum Resident

Just bought the 3 double Lps on Paul's website...$175 total shipped..Says release day as the 6th of December... Prolly got it cheaper at Amazon but I don't care...Gotta have em.,

16. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

@mrjinks do you forsee MusicVaultz stocking the SDE? I think they’d be my best bet. Having stock a little longer, faster shipping and customer service than the official shop, and the chance to maybe save a few bucks on it with exchange rates and coupon codes.

They had the ES colored vinyl (and I regret not going through them for it), so they could have this!

mrjinks likes this.
  17. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Well, I got the big box on pre-order.

18. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

1:45am central time. Can’t sleep because of the WL/RRS bundle. Gotta have the Wings Over Europe stuff. Pulled the trigger. I know I will be glad I did it.

They hit my bank account right away. Gotta cover that tomorrow with money I squirreled away.

Now I have to figure a way to pay for the WA50th.

Oh the cost of being a Maccaholic!

theMess, FJFP and Mr. Explorer like this.
  19. The Band

The Band Forum Resident

Even sweeter if you’ve never heard it before!

20. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

[​IMG]

This is agonising. I wasn’t expecting to have to pay for these until they shipped, and now I’ve got to find close to £400 just to ruin the consistency of my shelf?! But I must have that set!

21. Jarek_Venera

Jarek_Venera Forum Resident

I would give max. 150$ for the 1971-73 box set.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  22. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

I am overall very happy with the 2-Disc set vs. Deluxe Box Set configuration. I really don't need rough mixes and such. But am I correct that both "The Mess" (Studio Version) and "1882" (Studio Version) are exclusive to the RRS Deluxe Box Set?

23. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

The pricing is absurd. Especially compared to how much the Imagine box was.

Can still see myself paying though

24. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

It's with a broken heart that'll be constrained to go with the 2CDs sets as always
    Argh, Paul, you make me wanna go out and steal

theMess, planckera, mrjinks and 5 others like this.
  25. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

Thrice the number of albums, more books/printed material, add the fact it’s limited and exclusive....

Hope the regular editions are priced more competitively.

mr._mojo_filter and kevintee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.