Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Tug Of War & Pipes Of Peace coming! (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by daveidmarx, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flaming Pie was acclaimed?

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

There's still time then. .. ;)

3. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

I'm glad to see that, judging by the iTunes listings, the runtime of the new "Say Say Say" mix is 6:58. I assume this is the full take, and in my mind more than makes up for the lack of the 12" mix. The sample in the promo vid sounds fresh to me.

4. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Very much so

5. ianbrown21

ianbrown21 Forum Resident

Was it not nominated for album of the year at the grammy's that year?

theMess likes this.
  6. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Possible Bonus Tracks to come on upcoming releases:

Wild Life - There will likely be no demos because the songs on the released album sound half finished and only partially learned. So...this leads me to believe (and hope) that a plethora of live '72 tracks will be the bonus material.
    Red Rose Speedway - There will be plenty of material here as it was originally intended to be a double album. You'd have "Seaside Woman" "The Mess" "Tragedy" "Night Out" "Thank You Darling" and others. The only question here is whether or not Paul will release the songs Linda and Denny sang lead on or will they be forgotten... Also, plenty of live tracks from the era or even the James Paul McCartney stuff could be used.
    London Town - Besides the obvious single ("Mull Of Kintyre"/"Girls School") we should get Linda's "B-Side To Seaside" "Waterspout" "Did We Meet Somewhere Before" "Find A Way" "Same Time Next Year" and a few others. I'm sure we'll also be treated to a dose of demos. I just hope they won't push out some of the studio material and unreleased tracks...
    Back To The Egg - The obvious single ("Goodnight Tonight"/"Daytime Nighttime Suffering") and a few other studio recorded unreleased songs will likely be here such as "Cage" and hopefully Denny's "Weep For Love" as well as "Maisie". There are a few alternate mixes of "Reception" and "Getting Closer" that rock too but I'm sure some of these will be knocked off for live recordings from that last tour...

theMess likes this.
  7. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Clearly, there's more than one poor sick bastard in the UK. :nyah:
    Perhaps we can blame Paul and/or that song for inspiring Kenny G's successful career.
    :wiggle:

Bewaremylove and theMess like this.
  8. Pretty.Odd.

I would just love a separate disc containing a whole performance from '79. If they just go with the live performances for '79 era songs, then we will never get to hear all the great versions of beatle songs he performed on that tour. Also surprised we never got the live version of "Wonderful Christmastime" with McCartney II.

Rocco likes this.
  9. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

Gee just what I wanted a book of photos of the making of the Pipes of Peace video ,can No More Lonely Nights archive be coming ? of course the movie wouldn't be included

10. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

That's my birthday! Guess it's "coming soon".

theMess and Paul H like this.
  11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

It will be very interesting to see if any extra Denny songs appear as bonus tracks on those sets. Send Me The Heart (cowritten with Paul too), I Would Only Smile, and Weep For Love are all worthy to be included.

12. ianbrown21

ianbrown21 Forum Resident

Super Deluxe Tug seems to be gone.

13. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

I got the impression from the promo video that the remix will be in ADDITION to the original.

"The Pipes of Peace 2-CD Special Edition is made up of the original album..."

and then in the press release...

"The newly remixed and mastered Tug of War and remastered Pipes of Peace will also receive standard and Hi Res digital releases, as well deluxe digital and Hi Res releases featuring all bonus audio."

It sounded like this was "an extra", the remixed versions... anyone out there speak PR? I'm having trouble deciphering this one, and I don't think this passed the usual QC of a press release. Some very unclear language...

Or "we" have different definitions of "original"...

Jeff

14. AndyNicks

AndyNicks Forum Resident

My pleasure Ben. :cheers:

theMess likes this.
  15. Pretty.Odd.

The remix of TOW will be the new standard version of the album. The original mix will only be available as part of the deluxe box. Similar to the mono mix of RAM. The new remix will be the only version available on iTunes and digitally anywhere. He is essentially replacing the original mix with the remix. Pipes, however, was not remixed and is simply remastered.

Rocco likes this.
  16. I've always found soup to be too "liquid-y", unless it's thick enough to almost be at the "sauce level". So I'm not going to bother to guess. Can't you come up with a better prize than soup?

theMess and mrjinks like this.
  17. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

18. Pretty.Odd.

No, Pipes was not remixed. There is, however, a new remix of "Say Say Say" on the bonus disc for Pipes.

19. supermd

supermd Senior Member

This makes sense to me. After all, he's already in the mood of leaving off remixes for "Say Say Say." While he's in a vetoing mood, they shoved Press to Play under his nose and he was vetoing remixes like there's no tomorrow.

Rocco likes this.
  20. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

It is doubtful...we didn't get any of Linda's songs...so far...like "Oriental Nightfish" or "New Orleans". I doubt we will get "Seaside Woman" on RRS. On my own RRS compilation, "Seaside Woman" comes after "C Moon".
    Personally, I wouldn't miss any Denny Laine songs, since it's more than enough to endure them on the proper releases.

21. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Yes. I suspect that this new mix may be the sleeper of this set. I've often wanted to graft the extended coda of the instrumental mix onto the standard mix (or, conversely, put the vocals of the standard mix onto the Instrumental Mix) to create a complete with-vocals mix but it didn't work because of Jellybean's production on the Instrumental Mix. Here, I hope, is that idea realised.

22. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I hope they promote the heck out of it, which is a smart move, considering it is the album's only selling point.

Rocco likes this.
  23. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

Really? I'd rather hear Paul and Denny sing together than Paul and John.

24. Pretty.Odd.

I assume youre kidding?

theMess likes this.
  25. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

i rather hear kanye and west

JDeanB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.