Paul McCartney 'Find My Way' Video with Beck

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FredV, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urasam2

urasam2 A Famous Potato

Boring track - it goes nowhere.

2. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I like this one it's that bassline, has a funk feel to it. It's not better than Coming Up, especially the song because Coming up is a much better song and has a more thumping hard-hitting bassline, but I still like this version of Find My Way.

Ms. Daisy and Vinyl_Blues like this.
  3. Rocco

Rocco Find My Way

Wow cheers man - I think this is the best. This makes me feel like I was there when he was young. So much better than those old videos which are hampered by screaming girls quick cuts to the other Beatles and the crowd. And, even at 79, Paul pushing forward. Not sure any other music videos in 2021 are quite so creative. Show this to kids and I bet many will be motivated to dig deeper into this guy "young Paul"

Ms. Daisy, JDeanB, Guy Smiley and 7 others like this.
  4. Rocco

Rocco Find My Way

About time.

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  5. Rocco

Rocco Find My Way

I'll bite - who and what song?

joy stinson likes this.
  6. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

I like it, it's fun. Anyone remember fun?? :(

7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

It's a rare commodity these days.....

8. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Awesome!

Guy Smiley and joy stinson like this.
  9. Vinyl_Blues

Vinyl_Blues Slave to the Groove

I very much enjoyed this video and the remixed song. As for the song, I much prefer this new version to the original - I like the added funk rhythms and it has more energy.

As for the video, I adore what feels like seeing "new footage" of a younger Paul. Sure, it's not perfect. But it's done well enough to imagine a 1964 Paul has traveled to 2021 and made a music video with Beck (and, of course, learned some new dance moves along the way.) In fact, what thrills me are the possibilities it creates for more videos like this for Paul, the other lads individually, or the Beatles as a group.

It's fun, boundary-pushing, and portends some exciting things for the future. Many here disagree, but that's my two cents.

P.S. I wish Beck had re-imagined all of McCartney III's tracks.

10. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I feel the same and wish they would make videos with Beatle Paul for all the tracks.

11. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

of course!
    Just think what the Beatles did with "Love". and that was how many years ago. All you need is a creative/artistic mind and all sorts of things can happen.
    Even the 'demixing' tech is mind boggling to some. So many things that were literally Impossible to do 10 years ago, are now becoming mainstream.
    beave

joy stinson and BeatleJWOL like this.
  12. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Yeh, thinking about it, a hologram show of the Beatles could be amazing.

I really enjoyed the Rock Band animated segments and if you did a full stage hologram you could really make it a psychedelic experience unrivalled.

They could recreate the classic locations and then, Pepper and post, really go out there. We could see holograms of animated Yellow Submarine inspired segments complete with the fabs' as their animated selves. Recreate the rooftop. It's got a lot of potential thinking about it. As long as they don't play it straight/safe and spend a LOT of money on it!

13. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

i love the video. certainly not something i thought i would ever see.

14. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

It's trending at #34 on YouTube.

15. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I would absolutely love a CGI Beatles concert!
    Imagine someone like Pixar doing it like they did the Incredibles. The Beatles in concert performing a bunch of songs they never did live. With the tech today they could make it something really special.

Vinyl_Blues and RonBaker like this.
  16. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

Wait…the singer is 79 yo Paul but you’re saying song has a better singer!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  17. joy stinson

Now that should be my post…Here I am a 64 years old who should be thinking tunes like this suck.and am laid up in bed with a disability can’t get insurance approval to fix…but I love the song and really wish I were able to dance again like the guy in the video.

18. Bryan Harris

Bryan Harris Hipster Doofus

Really? I think you can draw a straight line from Yellow Submarine to this video; it's Paul using the cream of available technology to have fun with his image.

19. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley America’s Favorite Game Show Host

That changed around the time “Hack” or “Hacked” became a good thing, rather than bad.

Yeah, I don’t know when that was either.

joy stinson likes this.
  20. Prudence1964

Prudence1964 Forum Resident

Freaky, but I like it

foxylady and joy stinson like this.
  21. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I'm no fan of McCartney III, but I also don't take it out of context. It's just McCartney fooling around having fun, I don't compare it to his regular music. I don't like it simply because it just doesn't sound good to my ears, has nothing to do with him coming a long way from something like Maybe I'm Amazed.

22. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Pretty cool seeing him looking 50 years younger. Could it be a Faul from a Beatles Tribute band???

Vinyl_Blues and joy stinson like this.
  23. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

So youthful, he could rename the video “Find My Way Beck Home.” ;)

Vinyl_Blues, gregorya and Bingo Bongo like this.
  24. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

They will, it’s the next logical progression with the Brand. But most of the first and second generation fans, when we’re dead, won’t even know what is to come, but for now, have fun with the Sunset of the Beatles!

Think of it! We’re really blessed living through all this! Elvis fans had to deal with a sudden death and that was it.
    We get to see Paul and Ringo still putting it out in their old age. For US!
    THATS really special!
    Beave

PIGGIES, joy stinson and RonBaker like this.
  25. joy stinson

Yeah…gotta be Faul but looking like JPM …lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.