Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Archive Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

You can do whatever you want my friend.

Beatles Fan 4 Life and fishcane like this.
  2. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

If any of you out of disgust or protest are going to toss your Collectors Editions to the street...please kindly notify me of your address. :)

3. What a collection of music!

For me , the sound quality is greatly improved and makes the music come alive. This is especially beneficial to the songs with Steve Miller , in that you can better enjoy the guitars’ interplay.
    The songs from the album proper - you know and love them more in this edition. As someone mentioned upthread - the mix of gorgeous ballads with rock, pop and songs of innovation - evokes the fabled Revolver Album.

The Home recordings are wonderful and breathtaking in some cases. These renditions showcase the quality and craftsmanship of the songs. Also so much of Linda is present - and that’s always a great thing.

The various demos and alternative versions do the same and some listeners may ultimately favor some of them over the final released versions.

Whole Life is getting a lot of buzz - for good reason - it’s simply fabulous. The middle section and jagged-edged guitars propel this song to legendary status. When Macca next takes the stage - the demand for this song to be played in concert is going to be hi,hi,hi.

Broomstick (with Steve Miller)is better than the Miller songs on the original album(which I like).
    Love Come Tumbling Down and Same love are beautiful songs; but sound like they were scored for a movie in the 90’s. I’d love stripped down versions and/or have them re-worked for an album in the future.

I wonder if Sirius-XM got their ideas for rock star DJ radio shows from Macca’s Oobu Joobu? LOL. These are simply wonderful, hilarious shows with great info and showcasing Paul’s zany humor- which was a major part of The Beatles’ charm. AND the music is ultra fantastic - both exploratory and expansionist - but totally accessible “ear candy”. As McCartney chirps on these shows; downright “Smootchie!”

This music collection is simply an immersion into the genius that is Paul McCartney.

4. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I am really enjoying the three LP version (I’ll open the deluxe box tomorrow). The 1/2 speed cut, or whatever it’s called is marvelous and the whole presentation is very nice. Only have a couple of nits to pick. The cream colored matte finish on the slipcase and two actual album covers is a guaranteed dirt magnet. Ima gonna keep the shrink wrap on mine for now. That allows me to keep the little OBI type thing together with it too. Also, why do the powers that be think that cardboard inner sleeves are ok for what’s kinda sorta billed as an audiophile pressing? You have to handle them with more care than a vial of nitroglycerin to not scratch up the vinyl. Cripes, would it kill you to put a rice paper inside of the things? Whenever I get inner sleeves like that I immediately replace them with MOFI sleeves. But I like to keep the originals too. Makes for a tight fit in that dirt magnet slipcase lol.
    Other than that, not too much to gripe about.

RubenH, Sargon, The Quiet One and 5 others like this.
  5. Dr-Winston

Dr-Winston Forum Resident

With respect not sure how you can say that is 'IS' a fault. That is a definitive statement. How would you back it up?

As I said in my opinion what you are hearing is a pronounced pluck on a nylon stringed guitar. The sound is there on the original mastering. However, the new mastering has really brought that to the fore. I may well be wrong but that is what it sounds like to me. If you are going to make definitive statements then you should be in a position to provide more compelling evidence than you have offered so far. Not trying to start an argument but I feel that you are offering your opinion rather than definitive proof. You are more than entitled to your opinion and may be correct in your hypothesis but the evidence is not compelling.

Yorick, theMess, fishcane and 11 others like this.
  6. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

I stopped going into the Beatles Shop a while ago, the last time the stench was overpowering - I'll say no more.

7. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

My loving and tolerant wife said I had tears running down my cheeks. A scurrilous lie I say! :love:

JLPMacca, theMess, Sargon and 4 others like this.
  8. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Not THAT Beatles shop, I mean’t the one at the Albert Dock which is an annex to the Beatles Story.

Henrik Jutbring likes this.
  9. Nerktwin

Nerktwin Forum Resident

Thank you for chiming I’m in solidarity. Unless it was a factory gluing error the only other thing I can think of is that the recent heatwave maybe melted the glue in transit and the cover print shifted to the right? I don’t know! For $600+ I want this thing to be near perfect. What’s especially annoying is I’m avoiding pulling the records out to give them a spin in case they say, “well, you’ve already opened all of the accompanying material, nothing we can do now. The easy fix is to send a new cover. But...could they really have only printed the exact amount of covers for the 3000?

Sargon likes this.
  10. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

haha, the one on Matthew st, I know what you mean.

Oyster Boy likes this.
  11. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

That’s it. I ordered the deluxe set from Amazon because I have no clue when my order from uDiscover is coming.
    This will be the last time I ever order from uDiscover. They suck.

Sargon and Lewisboogie like this.
  12. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

The shop where usually bought my deluxe, said to me that this archives was a very limited edition more than the other, so few archives than the other

Sargon likes this.
  13. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

My 3x LP set arrived yesterday from Bull Moose. Well packed and arrived in pristine condition.

I must say, the packaging is really nice. They didn’t cut any corners: Lyric book, a pamphlet on the half-speed mastering, really nice matte finished sleeves. I’m on the A side of LP 1 and it sounds stellar.

This is one of my all-time favorite albums and so far it’s exceeded expectations.

14. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

The evidence is as compelling as your denial.

I'm pleased for you that your interpretation of the sound is different to mine even though I will stand by MY VIEW, if that makes you feel less insulted, the sound is a remastering fault.

15. Martin de Dios

Martin de Dios Forum Resident

Thank you very much

Paperback Writer likes this.
  16. supermd

supermd Senior Member

It turns out my Bullmoose package was delivered yesterday instead of Monday that the tracking said. Not bad!! Lucky me. I hope some of you West Coasters also got a surprise Bullmoose delivery yesterday.

I'm looking forward to posting my review once I digest all this good stuff.

17. marklamb

marklamb Forum Resident

Really sorry to hear a Collectors set arrived like that. Possibly just a factory error/oversight. I carefully examined mine and it arrived in stone mint condition without any corner bumps, dings or any printing/ label adhesive errors. It is perfect. This must be a factory mistake as the shipping box these are delivered in are very very good. I would definitely and without hesitation contact PM.com and Im sure they will find a way to make this right.

18. fspadafora

fspadafora Forum Resident

So that cardboard outer box I have seen pictures of was packed and shipped inside of another (even bigger) shipping box?

19. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Mine arrives tomorrow from the S’Macca store. Still no word on shipping from UD for the 3lp set.

20. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Just had an email I didn’t expect saying my 3LP set (plus the reissued CPR CDs) coming tonight.

21. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

I am definitely enjoying some of the tracks. I‘ve had to download first through IPad. I’m hoping to order both the two CD and the regular deluxe version sometime during this next week. Whole Life is an amazing track. I think I like it better than the 2004 released track.

22. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well, at least three pronounced Beatle shops there that I know of.....Albert Dock, the one attached to the Hard Day’s Night Hotel and the one on Mathew St

Diego Esparcia, Tracey and Oyster Boy like this.
  23. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Yeah, my original post was confusing. Had forgot the HDN hotel shop altogether.

maccawings likes this.
  24. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

What irritates me is people from all over the world visit that shop and it does not give a very good impression of the city. Hopefully the individual concerned might read this and have an occasional bath.

Oyster Boy and Carl80 like this.
  25. I remember a time (my first visit in 1978) when they didn’t give a ****e at all. You’d go to the Liverpool tourist bureau and ask about Beatles sites and they’d say ; there’s nothing here to see.

Yorick, theMess, Sargon and 4 others like this.