Paul McCartney in Moscow - Wow!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sanfi4u, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

:) Thank you, thank you very much. This whole thread just seemed a little too warm and fuzzy. :D I paid to see Paul McCartney live in concert, WAY back in 1990. It was a sell-out crowd at Rupp Arena and it cost me $28.50.

2. cliff barua

cliff barua New Member

I know where you're coming from, but I think that we take for granted the glee and genuine happiness that our Russian friend is feeling after seeing Sir Paul for the first time. I saw Paul on the same tour as you - December 1989 here in Toronto. He's been through at least two (1993 and 2002), maybe three times since then (Driving Rain tour??) but I've had no interest in attending. And with the price of concert tickets, it's no surprise that the last concert I attended was in March 1992 (John Mellencamp) when I was the ripe old age of 27.

But the first time in 1989 was really special for me. Now I see him as a bit of a nostalgia huckster but as Sade sang, "it's never as good as the first time". And that's the euphoria that Sanfi4u is expessing, and I say good for him :thumbsup: .

Cliff

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

2002 was the "Driving Rain" tour. You nailed his tours since 1989/90 - just the two...

4. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

Sanfi4u, sounds like you had a memorable experience. I really enjoyed your review of the show and felt your emotion, for sure. I saw Paul for the 1st time on his last US Tour. I must say I was amazed at how well he performed, did'nt strain a bit vocally and kicked butt throughout the show.

A 60 year old with that kind of energy is great to see indeed and the fact he played that many Beatle songs was a fantastic bonus.
    BTW, I put $250 in Paul's pocket for my 15th row floor seat, and I never sat down once, great show. :)

5. Sanfi4u

Sanfi4u Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

Regards,

Sergei.

6. BZync

BZync Senior Member

When I visited Liverpool (back in 1992) I took the Beatle Bus Tour on a cheesy Magical Mystery Tour bus. It was a tad embarrasing at first, but the tour was wonderful. The tour guide was a woman who claimed to have babysat "Ritchie" as a child as he was sickly.

The most touching story she told was of a group of Russian sailors who had taken her tour years earlier. None of them spoke a word of English. After a while of being frustrated in her attempts at communication, she just put on a cassette of Beatle tunes as they drove about the town. She was in tears as the sailors sang every word of every song (phoneticaly) in loud sailors singing voices. This was at a time when the Beatles records were still not yet legally available in the Soviet Union.

-BZync

7. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Sanfi4u,
    I'll be able to share your (aural) experiences of the concert. I should be getting an audience recording of the concert in a couple of weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.