Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Bill813

Bill813 Forum Resident

I did get the last set of dice, but nothing this time around and yes even after "massive MACCA III" purchases of my own. To those that did receive them, well done.

2. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Very cool -- I think I like the tin better than the little bag!

3. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Does that apply to various artists things, too? Hollywood Vampires, In-Laws Soundtrack, Sound City, Songs of Noel Coward, etc?

joy stinson and Sean Murdock like this.
  4. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I used to buy full CDs just to get one Paul track ... <shudder> ... now, I am more than happy to buy those one-offs on iTunes.

Paul H, Elliottmarx and kevintee like this.
  5. mrjinks

I have MOST of those CDs, but there are a couple I haven't picked up yet, which is why I was curious. I bought a download of the Sirvana track when it was issued and now think, "do I really need that Sound City album"?

Paul used to never contribute to those discs, but starting about 1999 they suddenly became commonplace...

6. jamesward88

jamesward88 Spirit of Ranachan

[​IMG]

I bought quite a bit of Mc3 merch and I received no dice?! ...even more of the stuff I ordered got cancelled too?! What’s a boy to do?! ‍♂️

7. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

I still do. I've been picking them up lately on discogs. I just grabbed Sound City up last week.

8. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

I've been watching her for a few years!

Who Cares and mrjinks like this.
  9. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Idris Elba did a long TV interview with McCartney when III came out. They seemed to get along well.

10. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Our favorite local SoCal radio station, KCSN, 88.5 FM made it a point to mention last week that they really like McCartney III and have been playing Find My Way, Lavatory Lil and Deep Down in the rotation. Great station worth checking out.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  11. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Yep. Even one-offs. Although in fairness it might take me a while to get around to tracking them down.

I do have the In-Laws and the Noel Coward disc. I'm a PSB fan so the Coward disc was a double win. Got that one upon release.

If it's streaming only like that Ethel and Ernest (?) soundtrack or the live Proms set then of course I have to get it and stream.

Sargon and Oyster Boy like this.
  12. mrjinks

There’s a cd for Ethyl and Ernest. Stop slacking off with the collecting!
    ;)

13. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I am with you, Sean. I bought 4 deluxe CDs from the PM store and yet... I am still not enough of an influencer to get them to roll me some dice...

:shrug:

Sean Murdock and Oaw like this.
  14. 12 names!

Calico likes this.
  15. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

Today at 5pm GMT...?

jazon and jamesward88 like this.
  16. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Yeah, I’ve got it:)

Durango88, mrjinks and omikron like this.
  17. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

:) Thank you Mr Postman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Gonna respond to this just like my IT Dept does to every one in the building . . .

Pending time and resources.​

:laugh:

mrjinks and Oyster Boy like this.
  19. Pattch82

Pattch82 Trouble is - gloves don't give a sh!t.

The postman has just delivered me a surprise set of dice too... however, my tin only has TWO dice! I don't have the dice that has Beck printed on it. I feel robbed... robbed I tell you!! lol.

20. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I hit the "like" button, but I don't like it, really I don't. That sucks! :(

Pattch82 likes this.
  21. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

As I have said before I have really enjoyed collecting Macca stuff on CD that I didn’t have since 2017 (when the FITD B sides etc were download only). I recently added the US All the Best, the Lexus promo which was still sealed, lonely Road remix, Your Loving Flame remix and Back in the US. I am getting to the point where I am almost complete until someone on here points out another (I didn’t know the Lexus existed until a few weeks back). A bonus I found out by pure luck was taking a chance on George Michael’s Listen Without Prejudice vol 1 box set (was a passive fan of some of his singles) which I got ridiculously cheap and discovered has Paul on a version of Heal the Pain. My missus was horrified at me buying that set, but it’s been one of our most played box sets ever and she loves it. You can’t beat collecting!

omikron, mrjinks and OobuJoobu like this.
  22. So he is as new and young as... me!

23. Calico

Calico Senior Member

I'm expecting mine anytime today.

mrjinks and jazon like this.
  24. calluses

calluses Forum Resident

I just received my dice set this morning. It's honestly a nice surprise, because I thought they'd skip Canada (like, the package would have a high chance of arriving 3 weeks after the release is announced)

ehwalled, mrjinks and Durango88 like this.
  25. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident