Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

So the $7 is a card sleeve with just a demo and the $14 is a softpack with full album and demo?
    Wish you could buy shirts without bundles. I'd like to have the red and blue

2. Given the confusion with this messaging and marketing - even if one agrees with this flea market around a record - it’s clusterphunk

3. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

So maybe in 2 days there will be 4 different vinyl with unique bonus demos or 4 different 45's
    :doh:

4. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

One more thing, Doc. If the cheap versions only include one song, then why is the promotional blurb for McIII featured on each of those product description pages, just like on the (previously existing) page for the "regular" McIII cd?

And I trust you noticed that the pictures of the items with dice/masks/shirt all show the "card" version or "mini-jacket CD" as the website says. Are you thinking that if you order one of those items you won't get the full album with that package, just the "single"? Obviously there is no single - it's just a single cardboard sleeve of the album or the "deluxe" softpak edition that's being pictured in these new items.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Alen likes this.
  5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Soooo, NO bonus tracks on the 'Target' CD, right?

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  6. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

I *think* the $7 is the full album too + color specific bonus track. They're using that sleeve for the boxes in the other bundles, I think.

The extra $7 seems to get you the digipack sleeve - and most likely a booklet - although I haven't confirmed that.

Cheers,
    Paul

Wiserforthetime likes this.
  7. Little Willow

Little Willow Forum Resident

No, both are "The album + demo bonus track", the only difference is the packaging (and the bonus track, depending on the color).

8. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Correct

beatleroadie likes this.
  9. ralphie

ralphie Forum Resident

I thought the whole thing was supposed to be a home recording.

10. lazydynamite

lazydynamite Forum Resident

They have one of the most iconic artist ever.He has been documented on photo through the years unlike almost any other artist in history.
    Yet when it comes to t-shirts without fail anything to do with his releases and live show merchandise is almost always hand in hand with cheap looking tacky or downright cheesy designs.
    RANT over

SRC likes this.
  11. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

Speaking of the color boxes - anyone digging the audio clip? Another fragment from the album :)

Cheers,
    Paul

The Band and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  12. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

So, the $14 Deluxe version has the Bonus track and the regular album on one disc. Can't beat getting the whole album for an extra $7.

13. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

I hope so! I'm not opposed to streaming at all. It's the only way I've experienced the Flaming Pie Archive actually.

The Band likes this.
  14. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

Reading through the descriptions some more - if you order one of the bundles - you get the single sleeve cover with the album + color variant bonus track. That confirms the selling it by itself for $7 to my mind.

Cheers,
    Paul

15. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

How am I doing folks? Remarkably calm here!

Sargon, JeffreyB, jmxw and 2 others like this.
  16. A sale is a sale and should count. Just not albums included with concert ticket sales-they don't count.

17. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

No. The difference is that the deluxe version has the soft pack sleeve, and the bonus demo version is the same audio, but with a simple cardboard sleeve. It's not just the bonus demo.

Wiserforthetime likes this.
  18. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

Again - the $7 has the full album as well - and the color variant track - just to be clear here. They use this single sleeve for the boxes in the bundles above.

Cheers,
    Paul

19. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

And I hope you send that to me :wave:

20. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

I think that the bundle cd only differs in as much as it is in a mini card case while the deluxe one is in a digi pack.

21. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Or they are demos of songs on McCartney III, just in their earlier raw form. Perhaps in some cases just Paul and acoustic guitar or something like that.

Little Willow likes this.
  22. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

G
    Got it! How can you beat the full album for only $7? Strange how the label shown on the deluxe version shows many titles but the $7 version does not.

23. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

I
    Would prefer to just buy a blue card sleeve only, but that option is not available.

24. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

So - currently - I'm thinking I'll pick up:
    • White box set with dice - because they rule
    • Red Deluxe - just to have one of the full variants that's not the default white cover
    • Blue standard
    • Yellow standard
    This may change shortly.

Cheers,
    Paul

Troyh likes this.
  25. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

That's so odd. It's right there on the US site.

Jack likes this.