Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

As a Macca and a U2 fan, Ryan Tedder is basically the antichrist. Everything he touches is just unlistenable dreck.

2. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Paul
    Alone
    In
    The studio
    Thats when magic things happens. McCartneyII unliked by many is a great example. It took me 20 years to get into that one but Now it s one of my favorite albums from Paul
    That one and McCartney captures Paul without any safety net and we get a glimpse into his musical brain that makes them unique.
    That doesn t mean McCartney III would be the same. But I Hope if this turned out true for an intimate, unpolished, weird listening experiense
    We ll see

3. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Waterfalls is a great example of the magic that might occur when Paul is all by himself. The song benefits from argusbly one of the finest melodys ever from Paul. The lyrics-weird as they seems-are also great in their description of
    angst about what might happen to loved ones. If the song had been given a full-fledged arrangement I don t doubt it would have been lovely. But the scaled downed arrangement emohaphises the feeling of despair and solitude the song is all about. Of course being Paul also with some optimism. Moments like this makes some stuff on the two McCartney albums among the most personal and emotionally honest Paul ever did. He manages this on other albums as well but mostly when he does most of the things himself
    If Paul releases another bare album like that I would be more than happy

4. Dr. Dog

Dr. Dog You can talk to me...

I feel the same about Chaos. There are some memorable songs on there like Too Much Rain, Friends to Go and Jenny Wren but there are quite a few tracks on there that I find ordinary. When I read the titles I don't even know how the songs go.

babyblue, Mumbojunk and Seltarb like this.
  5. Piiijiii

Piiijiii Hundalasiliah

I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!
    Weird Paul is the best Paul...
    [​IMG]

6. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Paul hasn't let me down the past 25 years or so, so I'm fine with whatever he wants to bring. I trust him more than anyone on this forum, sorry folks, but his record and records speaks for itself and themselves respectively.:D

foxylady, maywitch, ted321 and 11 others like this.
  7. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Here is a little water for the fire. Dec 11th huh? Hmmm...McCartney III The Christmas Album! Paul records Christmas songs all by himself without a producer.:-popcorn:

8. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

This thread title is incredibly deceptive... but then again, maybe not! Fingers crossed!

9. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

Paul knows the rules we've all set in place for a new "McCartney" album right? He knows he has to follow them all, right? :D

Do it ALL himself? I'd be pretty damn impressed if he does that being in his late 70's now.
    What if he plays all the instruments, but gets a producer. Would that be ok? Or would we all grab our torches and pitch forks?
    How set in stone are people with these rules? I'd be ok with him having a producer.

If back in '97, Flaming Pie was released as McCartney III, I think I would have been fine with it. It has a bit of a "homemade" feel to it.
    In fact, I'd be very open to Jeff Lynne producing a McCartney III project. People might have been more forgiving of songs like "I really love you"
    or "Used to be bad" if they were on an album called McCartney III. They echo songs like "On the Way" and "Nobody Knows"

Maybe one of Paul's rules is, a new "McCartney" album only get's made as a result of not having a band to make it with.
    Perhaps if his current band walked out on him in 2004 Chaos and Creation would have been McCartney III in back in '05.
    Chaos and Creation had a lot of qualifications to be a McCartney III.

I suppose Paul's own rule could be the reason we're getting McCartney III in 2020... No band in quarantine.

As each Fireman album came out, the rules changed a bit. By the third Fireman album, we had lyrics!
    So try not to be TOO upset, if Paul doesn't follow OUR rules for his new album.

10. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Of course Paul must follow our rules for McCartneyIII
    Whatever rules there are
    Otherwise I will only buy two versions of the rumoured album
    :)

11. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

It will be interesting to hear how different (or similar) the new songs will be in comparison with the ones on his two self-titled albums, as some of those sounded like studio demos.

12. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

I was also told by various sources that I trust, that the album is real, so I wouldn't see why it would be a fake. I think my sources will tell me more about it in the next weeks !
    So exciting to investigate about the new album and we hope at Maccaclub to have the info ;)

Paulwalrus, ehwalled, Tord and 4 others like this.
  13. Fabsmith

Fabsmith Forum Resident

George Harrison fans have waited maybe 8 years for any new content. Yet when hopes get raised for a new ATMP box set Paul likely will release the zillionth album of his career around that time. With that it will All Be About Paul on this forum and in the overall Beatleverse. Just like it was the past year with Flaming Pie. Maybe the powers that be at Universal/Capitol will make sure George’s box gets a window of attention, but I am not optimistic. Having said all that, I’ll probably buy both releases.

Beatlesfan123 likes this.
  14. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I'm not sure I understand why McCartney and Harrison can't release albums at or around the same time. McCartney fans will be his album, Harrison fans will buy his album and fans of both will buy both albums. I mean, I'm sure someone else will be issuing an album at the same time as Harrison's, so wouldn't that include McCartney?

hifisoup, zobalob, mindgames and 10 others like this.
  15. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

I dont know why on earth you are worried about this. We will DEFINETELY, talk about both releases in the most passionate way. It's the SHMF. Teenagers, sadly, are not anxious about Paul and George releases.
    And it's not like deluxe versions of albums already released decades ago will have promotions on the Jimmy Kimmel's of the world. GH 2014 boxset did get a week promotion on Conan (the same week Conan performed in GeorgeFest), we can only hope a ATPM 50th gets something like that too, but I woudn't put my money on it.

16. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

:confused:

What's age got to do with his ability to play all the instruments (or produce/engineer the recordings himself)? Unless he has severe arthritis, or dementia or something, I don't understand your point about his age being any kind of barrier to him doing this (or him doing it being something to be particularly impressed about).

Sure you could argue his voice is suffering due to his age, but that would be the case no matter who or how many people are playing the instruments behind him. People mention that his vocals have deteriorated over the years, but I haven't heard anyone say that about his playing abilities.

17. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

We III Kings? ;)

18. It is very real. I’ve heard from a very realizable source as well. It’s on the release schedule.

19. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Your right I’ve waited a long time for some more George stuff. I was going to buy whatever they put out until I heard about the new Macca album. Now I will happily buy both :)

20. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Hasn’t Paul mentioned he recorded a Christmas album years ago for family only? That would be hilarious if that’s what we get!

21. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

We appear to have been merged.

I wonder if this is what all the McCartney III talk is all about?

Apparently Pauls from three different timelines all converged into our timeline at some point.

[​IMG]

22. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Masterpiece. In his top 3 solo for me. All tracks are memorable to me.

23. TimeandTempo

TimeandTempo Forum Resident

Oh geez. I don't want to let myself get hyped up for something so unconfirmed. But I also can't wait for another PM album

24. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Into the Paulverse

omikron likes this.
  25. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Exactly. And so my nice, logical, informational thread title - Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 11, 2020) - has now been merged with a theoretical thread from years ago, speculating about a possible release. :doh:
    :cussing:
    Hey, I tried to make it easy, guys. Please feel free to “report” this thread in a couple weeks to get the title changed back to what it SHOULD be now (note: no offense to @Jerry Horne, who’s post from two years ago turned out to hit the mark).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020