Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I’ve seen nothing to make me doubt the initial word of Dec 11. Especially with the first subtle hints of marketing showing up on the 15th-16th. I don’t KNOW, but I suspect there may be subtle hints via twitter or something continuing this coming week. And it did seem quite a coincidence that the Oct 16th tweet came at 3:33pm, London Time. Perhaps that’s a good time to watch his social media feeds (?).

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  2. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley America’s Favorite Game Show Host

Certainly. YMMV, of course. I just went with the albums I like the most.

Can’t say I’ve loved or even liked everything Paul’s done over the past 40 years, but the idea that he’s had only one good album in that time is absurd.

3. DELLOTRON

DELLOTRON Forum Resident

For all the nonsense being posted (including me) all you megafans miss the one REAL information post above. Straight from the horses mouth too (if you pardon the pun) only yesterday.

4. andrewhh

andrewhh Forum Resident

That's nice for Paul's "current favourite horse", but it does make me wonder... What did his previous favourite horse do wrong?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Jayseph, jmxw, tug_of_war and 4 others like this.
  5. CmoonL7

CmoonL7 Forum Resident

Let it be December 11! December 11 has always been a holy McCartney day for me. December 11, 1989 was his first show at Madison Square Garden on the PM World Tour. I was 16, and in the years leading up to this I doubted very much I would ever see him in concert.

mrjinks, JDeanB and Lewisboogie like this.
  6. peteham

peteham Senior Member

I tried to make it to that show, but the Interstate got snowed out just past Syracuse. I did catch him a few nights before in Toronto and I loved it so much, I wanted to go again. Oh well. Good for you for making it.

JDeanB likes this.
  7. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

really? I got mine in my first Dungeons & Dragons box.

8. Calico Spies Like Us

Calico Spies Like Us Active Member

Indeed. IMHO, Paul has experienced quite a renaissance since 'Chaos and Creation', and I would say that everything he's done since is, at least in parts, SUPERIOR to 'Tug of War'.

Paperback Writer likes this.
  9. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Paul has made such an incredible amount of music over the 50 years since the Beatles Break up. Also an amazing versality. We have pop, rock, ambient, world music, classical, electronica, prog, experimental, children’s music and on and on. My guess is that when Paul is gone this music will live on and be treasured forever. Apart from the commercial peak in the seventies early eighties Paul’s music -even with millions of listeners-are not all that well-known outside ofthe admittedely big fan-base.

With all that the release of McCartney III is not a big deal outside of the fan-base. Whats interesting though is that the marketing of this new album is not as a continuation from the Beatles but from Pauls own back-catalogue. I guess McCartney is a famous album but McCartney II is a more obscure entry. I see this as a sign that more and more of Pauls solo/Wings stuff are slowly moving towards iconic status. A good thing for those of us who have treasured Pauls music all the way. Of course everything is not great but on it s own Pauls post-Beatles legacy stands proud as one if the most versatile, inventive and listenable from anyone.
    The fact we soon will have yet another album only some 2 years after the brilliant Egypt Station is amazing
    When I first time witnessed Paul live with Wings 1972 I could t imagine that would happen 2020
    I feel confident the album will be great and just as so much of Pauls other stuff -one for the ages. If not it doesn t matter much Paul has already proven himself enough.
    Bring it on
    :):):)

10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I hear that is true. And that tid bit did come right from the horses mouth! Lol

:pineapple:

11. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

They have gone to tens of shows together ( probably no less than 30 shows) always together. I believe the shirts were for sale at the show (I could be wrong but I seem to remember seeing them there). I know them both well

12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

The album leaked earlier that week

Victor46542 likes this.
  13. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

„Come On To Me“ as well as „Fuh You“ had been digitally released several weeks before the album.

Max Wilbury and tug_of_war like this.
  14. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

The shirts were certainly not for sale at Grand Central, Bob! :wave:

15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well, I certainly could be misremembering it. It was a long exhausting day! And they are known for making their own shirts for shows

daveidmarx likes this.
  16. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Yes, they were. I was speaking more about the song they were brought on stage for...”Who Cares”

tug_of_war likes this.
  17. At least one of the girls I’m pretty sure it’s a member of this forum, so maybe she could tell the full story...

JDeanB, tug_of_war and mikecarrera like this.
  18. Runcibletune

Runcibletune Forum Resident

That was played on Sirius days before, I had a copy and I know lots of others did too,so many there knew the words

19. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

I known some people are worry about the voice of Paul McCartney, I was told the voice was good

20. EgyptStationHolland

EgyptStationHolland Forum Resident

I'm exited to hear that! I'm really curious about his voice on the new album.

21. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Dude, you're wrong. If you remember, the album leaked a few weeks before the release date (the same day of the Grand Central gig). We ALL knew the lyrics to the songs at this point. I'm FB friends with one of them and can promise you that she is just a super-fan like the rest of us.

Tord, Zongadude, Max Wilbury and 2 others like this.
  22. CmoonL7

CmoonL7 Forum Resident

I remember seeing them at a lot of Chicago-area shows, and I believe one of them studies at the university where I teach. Their enthusiasm is fantastic. It's nice to see that Macca appreciates his fans and has obviously remembered these two and has included them in several special moments on his tours. I think one of them even appears in the Great Day video, as does Fans on the Run.

Tord, Zongadude, BeatleJWOL and 2 others like this.
  23. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Could be two projects.

Maybe McIII was spontaneous and these other old tracks he finished are for a different album project.

Wouldn't be the first time he's hit pause on recording an album to do another one entirely.

24. jacden

jacden Senior Member

25. Nothing4Free

Nothing4Free Forum Resident

I was a bit surprised that Macca didn't seem to be using his downtime to record new material. McCartney III is a great nod to the fans too, who else remembers these ? Especially II !
    I read that Rick Rubin might be involved?