Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

It was basically a promo compilation from 2005 to coincide with Paul's then-current tour:

Never Stop Doing What You Love - Wikipedia

Who Cares and joy stinson like this.
  2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Nothing here you can't get elsewhere. Don't think they sell for much.

PhoffiFozz and joy stinson like this.
  3. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

jmxw and joy stinson like this.
  4. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

5. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Never stop doing what you love. Unless what you love is murder, in which case stop doing it immediately. :D

6. ehwalled

ehwalled Forum Resident

7 TMR333 on discog right now... :rant:

7. joy stinson

Yep, a pity I’m having to boycott all buying now....big home healthcare insurance co pay bill due, helping to support hubby’s non working brother. Thanks though. Cute emoji. You collector folks now are lucky but I’ve been very lucky and blessed with what all I collected in the past.

8. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

So the promotional campaign for the McCartney III Deluxe Edition has begun, eh?

Who Cares, Floater and Sargon like this.
  9. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

There was no earlier post I turned suddenly Ill last week but after a week in hospital Om fine. Not covid but a very bad infektion
    Happy to be back

10. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Glad to have you back! Hope you're all better soonest! :agree:

Who Cares, omikron and joy stinson like this.
  11. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Not for nothin', but... if you're selling an LP for >$3000 [and, what something like 10,000% profit?] couldn't you spring for that $5 for shipping?

Ya cheep bastiges... :magoo:

omikron, Sargon, mrjinks and 2 others like this.
  12. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Thanks so much! I was wondering who would comment first (if any at all) and appropriately it is you.
    Thanks for that nod my friend!

mrjinks likes this.
  13. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Ok
    A message from a fan-boy
    I vole McCartneyIII without any reservation. Following Paul his entire career I pretty much know what sides of Paul I like most. Nearly all of them are here-in spades. Pretty much the same can be said about Egypt Station but the solo-aspect of McCartney III makes it-at least not me even more a real McCartney Touchdown of sorts

Lying in hospital recovering after a near fatal infection obviously the chorus to Seize the Day resonates deeply with me-what a great chorus with the lovely guitar-patterns backing up.

Deo,Deep Feeling is´nothing sort of a musical masterpiece -in any respect as breath-taking and challenging as anything from Paul s career. That it s somehow soulful and catchy doesn't t hurt either.

Deep, Deep Down is a far more musically interesting piece than the funk-jam some call it. Just listen to Pauls multiple voices or his wordless singing to the great acoustic-guitar-pattern
    Lavatory Lil is the kind of catchy rocking fun that the Beatles were so good at, Slidin is heavy but also with a great floating melody.
    The Kiss of Venus I easily put on there list of classic McCartney acoustic ballads-a great composition
    In fact there ain t a bad song on the album and the ending with the masterful When Winter comes never fails to both put a smile on my face and shivers down my spine. Just to hear the full voicer of the younger Paul creates a very special feeling and the song itself -at least fort me id an instant classic in the style of I follow the Sun and equally good

Im so grateful to get albums like this and Rough and Rowdy Ways from old artists like Paul and Bob. It s a wonder they still can deliver so deeply moving stuff

Tracey, Who Cares, Piiijiii and 13 others like this.
  14. Cledwyn

Cledwyn Forum Resident

For me, Walls and Bridges is actually pretty good. If nothing else it contains #9 Dream and Bless You, two of John's most beautiful tracks, Beatles or solo.

I'm a hardcore Paul fan and own all of his albums bar Kisses (just not for me!) including the Fireman and classical ones and much of his non-album stuff too. However, I haven't bought any of the deluxe box sets, as I'm happy with my original copies of the albums and am only really interested in outtakes and not books, artwork and other collectables - particularly at the prices Paul charges. (Though I'd probably pick up the Ram and McCartney II box sets if I ever win the lottery!) In any case, I already have more music than I can realistically listen to or store and so am trying to cut down new purchases.

Out of the archive reissues, I bought the 1-CD Ram on an impulse when I spotted it on a supermarket shelf a few years back and in this last year have picked up the 2-CD versions of RRSW, V&M and Flaming Pie, which I am enjoying greatly. I'll probably pick up the 2-CD versions of Press To Play and Back To The Egg at some point, and possibly London Town, assuming they ever happen.

I've so far not been convinced enough by McCartney 3 to actually want to buy it. However, I was able to order it cheaply last week and so it will be arriving in a few days' time. I hope I will enjoy it when I'm finally able to experience it properly, ie at full volume on a decent stereo.

In the mean time, fair play to everyone who has bought several copies of McCartney 3, and in doing so helped it get to No.1 in the UK. Anything that brings joy and happiness to people is a good thing, especially in the depths of this dark and miserable winter. :)

Sargon and lordcat like this.
  15. It’s not that rare indeed... you should be able to find it for few $

16. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

It's my favorite solo Lennon album.

Who Cares, Peachy, nsm and 5 others like this.
  17. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

Thanks. I will :agree:

18. joy stinson

Shows how behind the curve I’ve been for so many years, lol.

19. joy stinson

IMO it’s his best...in spite of POB being the long time critical darling.

tug_of_war likes this.
  20. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

Walls and Bridges is my favorite Lennon album too. And I could argue it's truly his most emotional. I know that people would say Plastic Ono Band is more emotional, but John was consciously emotional on that one, whereas Walls and Bridges seems like he's unaware just how tortured he's feeling and letting it all out. - I love that album. And it's produced a little more clearly than his other 70's albums, other than POB.

McCartney III really draws little comparison to me.

Just my opinion.

21. Cledwyn

Cledwyn Forum Resident

Walls and Bridges is ranked equally with (the remastered) Mind Games as my two fave John albums at the moment - though I think that subjectively POB is probably his best. Mind Games certainly isn't his strongest set of songs but Gordon Edwards' bass playing is outstanding (and truly McCartneyesque in places) . :agree:

22. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Yeah, people should take care of other illness as well.
    That's been almost forgotten.
    So Glad to see you here

joy stinson, vinylbeat and Sargon like this.
  23. Mark R. Y.

Mark R. Y. Getting deep down

I'm doing a complete re-listen today; I've been watching vids for separate tracks on YouTube lately, but this is my first from beginning to end CD re-listen since the beginning of this month.

One month and almost a week after 18 December 2020 when I first heard McCartney III - and it sounds better than ever. Even the "lesser" tracks for my like Pretty Boys and Lavatory Lil are now sounding iconic. Definitely far better than Egypt Station.

24. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

Yes, I love Mind Games too. Agree on Edwards' bass playing. And any mix of the songs where they're cleaner and clearer, I really love.

Cledwyn and joy stinson like this.
  25. jpgrbtalls

jpgrbtalls Forum Resident

I have been so taken by the album that I have been playing it at least 1-2 times most days since early January. At home and in the car. I just love the songs and the order that Paul put them in. The really have a beautiful sonic flow. I always look forward to putting it on.