Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

... also from what I recall there was nothing exclusive to this release musically to make it a "must have". You could just put together the same tracklist from the original albums.

[Unlike the Lexus promo from 2005 that includes the Live-from-the-Super-Bowl Drive My Car and a live Long And Winding Road from Anaheim CA or the 1990 promo that contains I Wanna Cry, and edited Party Party and the 7" remix of Figure Of Eight... ]

Who Cares, omikron and joy stinson like this.
  2. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

That Lexus promo sounds like my kind of thing...love I wanna cry—dirty blues , figure of eight...and that Party, Party with Macca singing like Tom Waits is...seriously..getting....way , way down...my kind of stuff.

jmxw likes this.
  3. joy stinson

I haven’t gotten it above ES which completely slays IMO though I like the vibe of Macca III.

4. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Sorry if my post was confusing. Those were two different promo comps...

1990 Paul McCartney Rocks A US promotional-only compilation released by Capitol Records in 1990 during McCartney's American tour for Flowers in the Dirt which was designed to promote the uptempo songs in McCartney's solo catalog. Includes the UK B-sides "I Wanna Cry" and "Party Party" as well as the 7" remix of "Figure of Eight". —

2005 Never Stop Doing What You Love Compilation available through Fidelity Investments. —

2005 Paul: The US Tour Presented by Lexus Two disc set, contains Chaos and Creation in the Backyard and the compilation Motor of Love. (While most of the tracks on Motor of Love have been previously released, the collection did include two new live recordings, "Drive My Car" recorded live at Super Bowl XXXIX and "The Long and Winding Road" recorded live in Anaheim, California in 2002.) The compilation was available through Lexus automobile dealerships.

5. joy stinson

At the time of release..was a huge John fan...really wore mind games out..have great trouble hearing POB now..wore it down to the grooves then...I was 13 then.

Cledwyn likes this.
  6. joy stinson

It’s my favorite..

PhoffiFozz likes this.
  7. joy stinson

Thanks..excellent info for a very behind the curve gal like me.

jmxw likes this.
  8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Glad you have recovered and welcome back!

Who Cares, Bemagnus and Sargon like this.
  9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I have all three somewhere in my collection

Oyster Boy likes this.
  10. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

My SHM CD arrived this morning , I only ordered last week, all in mint condition and pleased as I just got in there on the bonus calendar as well as CD Japan aren’t sending them now, wonder why CD Japan were only limiting to one per customer, maybe cause people where selling them for more with the calendar? Never known that before on there.

11. GeoCB

GeoCB Well-Known Member

I posted this in a different part of this forum (probably the wrong part) so I thought I'd repost it here.

I recently bought the whole UK McCartney III collection (t-shirt, covid mask, dice, hat, etc etc) but it didn't come together in a box like the US deluxe version. I contacted both the US and UK sellers to ask if I could buy an empty box but the UK don't have it and the US won't sell it to me. I'm probably being pedantic but as the lot cost me quite a lot, you'd think they could at least include a box. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get hold of an empty box.

Thanks

George

12. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Normally I wouldn't care about an edited version of a song, but in addition to being trimmed down by nearly two minutes, the version of Party Party on this comp features one second of pre-song chatter.

13. If you are selling a $3000 plus record you shouldn’t ship it media nail anyway but rather insured FedEx or UPS express cost of around $40-50

14. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

I have Rocks, but didn’t know about the Lexus one at all. There’s another one for my ‘to buy’ list.

15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

[​IMG]

16. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Nice:) Going to try and get hold of the Lexus. I’ve said it before, but I’m sure the tracks on Rocks sound better than the original versions (where applicable) on CD

omikron, joy stinson and hEARt PhoniX like this.
  17. calluses

calluses Forum Resident

If one is going to declare the full value for insurance purposes, then in some cases (e.g. where custom/taxes are involved), it might be cheaper and safer to just pay for someone’s plane ticket to deliver it in person :laugh:

PhoffiFozz likes this.
  18. Sure but I was thinking of within your own country :tiphat:

PhoffiFozz likes this.
  19. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

It's the same chatter at the end of the 12" extended version that appears at the end of (virtual) disc 5 of the Archive edition.

I have all three of those — along with The New World Tour Sampler and The Paul McCartney Collection.
    Motor Of Love and Rocks! are the only two with exclusive tracks not found anywhere else.
    Though The New World Tour Sampler has the most interesting case: it's a jewel case that's single disc in width but opens on both sides (different directions).

20. Durango88

Durango88 Without Bogey Music, life is indeed incomplete

Anyone else noticed the weird guitar stumbling at the beginning of "Pretty Boys" at 0:02? Sounds like a misplaced slap back echo or something like that. Any idea what that is?

tug_of_war likes this.
  21. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

No. All the versions have the same chatter at the end. But the one on Rocks has ADDITIONAL talk at the beginning.

Who Cares and PhoffiFozz like this.
  22. joy stinson

You are like me..with my old eighties reissued yel sub Spencer gifts sold Beatles memorabilia..the boxes were so cool with the yel sub pics, I kept and display them in my record room. I really wish I had the Macca three memorabilia you ordered...that’s the kind of old Beatles and solo stuff I really collected for thirty years. As am retired on a reduced pension,I don’t collect anymore and was looking to retire so saving and quit collecting. However, your stuff there is...IMO way past cool.

23. joy stinson

Yo.....very sharp looking stuff pictured here. Getting stuff from a Lexus dealership, though imagine you could get it elsewhere was,...way out of my pay grade as a state government worker then though, lol.

24. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

The real trick is getting boxes that aren't beat up. They are very flimsy and P.M. only padded one side of their shipping boxes.

The U.K sets don't have a box (even though advertised with), but were good because you could get all the toys without having to repurchase a duplicate cd each time as with the U.S. sets.
    But it wasn't a clear winner for U.S. buyers going through the U.K. site. With the exchange rate and shipping to the U.S., the "savings" going with the U.K. bundles was pretty nominal.
    Also, the U.K. sets didn't come with the deluxe cds like the U.S. boxes, so if you wanted that, you'd have to purchase those separately.

If you bought from a U.S. seller, you would have been sent four boxes - one for each item. I had hoped the U.K. might send their bundles in a BIG actual square dice box, (that would fit their larger bundles) rather than the small U.S. rectangular boxes, but my yellow order proved otherwise. (I guess when the U.K. site mentioned "merch box sets", they meant shipping boxes!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  25. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I was also a government employee, and I have never owned a Lexus. Lexus had the only access to the Soundchecks in 2005. These were given out to attendees. Luckily, I had a friend inside Paul’s camp that gifted it to me