Paul McCartney's "Freshen Up" Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LandHorses, Jul 3, 2018.

1. BostonBob

BostonBob Paperback Writer

Aside from it being PAUL McCARTNEY, I doubt that any other act puts half as much money into the sets as Paul does. They're different for nearly every song, and it is the greatest show on earth.

2. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

I was there. The ultra rare show with no Yesterday or Band On The Run.

Who Cares, 905 and BostonBob like this.
  3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Pretty cool! I had 3rd row for Dallas 2002 - on my birthday! - as well as 6th row twice in 2005, but I paid full price for those! :D

Though 1 of the 2005 shows was in Omaha, and it was relatively cheap.

6th row Omaha was $100 less face than the same seat at MSG.

Paulwalrus likes this.
  4. Ms. Daisy

Ms. Daisy Forum Resident

Laughing but in 2005, I had purchased myself a ticket and then later my parents wanted to go. They were higher up - maybe 2nd level and the seats were either in or near a handicapped section. Someone came up to my Dad and offered them better seats and he refused! He said everyone below was standing up and he didn’t want to do that and where he was he had plenty of room to stretch out his lgs!

5. Ms. Daisy

Ms. Daisy Forum Resident

I wouldn’t pay that for anyone else either. But I reconcile it with myself by how much enjoyment I get out of seeing him, surely at least 3 times as much as I’d enjoy seeing anyone else at this point in my life.

Also, Paul’s tickets (not purchased on the secondary market) have stayed practically the same for years. I think my 2019 tix only cost maybe $20 more than in 2002.

6. Frank

Frank Senior Member

By not worrying myself about how much money another man has. It's none of my business.

Paulwalrus, warewolf95 and kevintee like this.
  7. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

When you go to work, do you pay yourself with the money you earned during the previous pay period?

warewolf95 likes this.
  8. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Latest rumor: concerts in Brazil sometime between May and August.

Mixed emotions about this... it would be nice to see him one more time, but how safe would it be for him to do the kind of big concerts he's used to in the next few months?

Even if he demands a limited number of people at the venues (let's say 50% capacity), ticket prices will be crazy expensive.

omikron and Glenn Christense like this.
  9. its ec

its ec Forum Resident

Thanks for reporting. Mixed emotions for me too, mostly because of his voice, but I’m kind of hoping he’s touring again (while making some ajustments to setlists and habits). I will strongly consider to attend if its not too far away

Glenn Christense likes this.
  10. rlj1010

rlj1010 Forum Resident

I hate to beat the dead horse, re-animate it, and then beat it to death a 2nd time...

... but IF Paul tours again, I pray he finally makes major adjustments to the show to compensate for the current condition of his voice. But after the recent RARHOF performance of Get Back with Foo Fighters, I don't think that's gonna happen. I love Paul so much, but he's too damn stubborn and refuses to face reality!

Alen, its ec, omikron and 1 other person like this.
  11. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

It’s subject to change of course, but it seems like Covid might be less of a concern by between May and August.. repeating seems.

I’m joining others worried about his vocals at this point.

its ec and omikron like this.
  12. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

A lot of vocal coaches on Youtube says that if he did some vocal exercising and coaching his voice would be a lot better. But I firmly believes he doesn't do crap.

Alen, its ec, omikron and 1 other person like this.
  13. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

Paul never learned how to sing through his diaphragm-and is now paying the price. His vocal range was always wide and awesome-but un-trained. By the time he was 30-no human could even try to approach him to learn how to do vocal exercises and techniques. Probably goes for 90% of singers in the rock world. Even the great Harry Nilsson pushed himself to permanent damage.

Who Cares and omikron like this.
  14. omikron

Time to start singing all of Ringo's Beatles songs because of the vocal range.

15. Mike Visco

better yet, time to tour with Ringo's All-Starr Band. Ringo opens up with his band for a set, then Paul and band does a set, then they all come out with a 5-10 song "celebration" (won't use the B word). Paul gets a break not singing for 3 hours, Ringo starts to get A listers like the old days, with everyone wanting to play with the B words' rhythm section.

I'm not daft-it will NEVER happen, especially this late in the game.

But, I was at the David Lynch TM show at Radio City and the end of the concert sort of followed that sequence.

fer2, Who Cares and omikron like this.
  16. omikron

It would be hilarious if Paul did nothing but play bass at one of Ringo's shows.

Or better yet, drum!

Alen, Paulwalrus, Frank and 2 others like this.
  17. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Old Brown Shoe?

18. Mike Visco

when they played at Radio City-Paul played bass on WALHFMF. I was very disappointed they didn't do the two song mini set

omikron likes this.
  19. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

Why not just sing his own songs that he's written with & for his older voice.

20. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Are you sure? :)

21. omikron

Oops I forgot the asterisk.

*with pitch correction, of course!**

**and we might be to the point where pitch correction might be needed with every and any Paul song!.

Who Cares likes this.
  22. omikron

"Oh yes, I need another concert with 'Come On To Me' and 'Fuh You'" he says with dripping sarcasm.

Frank likes this.
  23. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I had quite good luck getting up close and never paying for VIP seats. These were all $250, except Vegas which was around $200:
    • 2005: row 7, center (Portland)
    • 2009: GA, but I was up quite close - numbered wristband #72 to enter (The Joint, Las Vegas)
    • 2010: row 5, just off center (Salt Lake City)
    • 2013: row 5, but way left (Seattle)
    • 2014: row 3, just off center (Missoula)
    • 2014: row 3, just off center, where he signed my LP! (Salt Lake City)

24. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

:p He's got a lot of songs from the last 20 years...but if you really want to hear those 2...

Paulwalrus and omikron like this.
  25. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

This is the way :)

omikron likes this.