Peter Pan

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by TSmithPage, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member Thread Starter

I took the kids to see Peter Pan yesterday, and I have to say::edthumbs:
    I had seen Lord of the Rings the day before and enjoyed this movie more (of course trying to get through the 3 1/2 hour epic without a bathroom break may have had something to do with that...) Anyway, the movie is fairly faithful to the original story, and the special effects, especially the flying sequences, were first rate. If you have some spare time over the next few weeks, I'd recommend this one.

2. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I've been wanting to take my 5 year old, it looks beautifully filmed. Thanks for the thumbsup

3. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Senior Member

I saw it Sunday and thought it was wonderful. I highly recommend the film to adults, but this is not your Disney version of the story and not intended for kids. I personally wouldn't take my kids to see it. A little too dark and adult-- BUT to each their own. The kids I saw there all got bored in the middle.

4. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member Thread Starter

My 3 year old is the big Pan fan, and she had already digested a videotape of Hook as well as my DVD of Disney's Peter Pan. She has become a big fan of pirates due to Peter Pan so that we had to take her to Pirates of the Caribbean. I thought the film had its mature moments, but she was able to filter those out.

5. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I did wonder about that. We are careful about going to things too dark or adult and they don't watch much tv. I've been planning on buying the unabridged version of the book and reading it to him and the movie looked like it might follow that more closely.

He may not let me off the "Hook" when it comes to me taking him though.

6. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

If you're worried about content for the little ones, check out http://www.screenit.com . They pretty much annotate any possible moment in the film that might be objectionable (violence, blood and gore, smoking & drinking, scary parts, sex/nudity, etc.). Heh...some of the stuff I read makes ME not want to see the films! :rolleyes:

7. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

IMO The 5.1 surround sound effects on this DVD are incredible. Probably the best I have heard.

8. Sput

Sput Boilerphile In Memoriam

We watched it last night for Family Movie Night. It was more violent than I expected and it had my 6 year old pretty scared at times but at the end she was clapping and smilimg.
    The audio was great and the special effects were incredible.

Yet I believe it should have had a PG-13 rating due to the violence. School of Rock, PG-13, aside for two swear words, was more of a family movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.