Phil Collins Face Value CD Made in Switzerland ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RPhelps, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPhelps

RPhelps Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone seen this one ? looks about the same as my made in US model but clearly stamped Made in Switzerland....:confused:

2. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member

I have several CDs from the 80s that were made in Switzerland.

Have you seen this thread?

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I got a Zep IV from Switzerland from mfidelity thelast timeSwiss pressings were discussed. :agree:

4. RPhelps

Swiss Phil

Thx for the info guys - so its worth about as much as the target, then ? :)

5. mscoll

mscoll Forum Resident

Have you got one? Can you post a picture? It would very rare issue!

6. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

I haven't seen that many 'Made in Switzerland' discs, but I do have a couple. About the same number as my Made in Austria ones. Haven't come across any unique masterings on these, but they do look nicely made.

7. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

Can you post a scan of this disc?

8. RPhelps

swiss phil

sorry I haven't checked back in here - I will post a scan when I get home from work tonite - thx for the interest. :)

9. mscoll

mscoll Forum Resident

I know about No Jacket Required pressing from ICM Swiss, but i knever seen Face Value! If you get one, you are lucky. This Phil Collins ICM pressings are very rare in my opinion.
    Also i think ICM can use or rent RSA Alsdorf pressing machines, or in some way be connected with German Alsdorf pressing plant, but i don't have a proof of my words.
    The first discs from ICM appeared in 1985 and mostly they are sold in Switzerland, Germany and Austria. Some batch was exported to the U.S, but that was much later, after the album was originaly for sale in Europe.

[​IMG]

Please post a scan of your disc!

10. RPhelps

Swiss Phil

hope these are what you want to see...

Attached Files:

11. I don't think that Alsdorf and ICM are related as the moulds are different, but Alsdorf (Warner Record Service) did use the solid center briefly.

Alsdorf is related to Teldec, which also made CDs in 1985 and was acquired by Warner/WEA.

12. mscoll

mscoll Forum Resident

WOW! Very nice! Where the artwork was printed ? In the U.S? You are first owner of this issue, or you just maybe grab in used record store? It's amazing! In mid 80's Collins live in Switzerland and this issue came from these period!

Rob,
    It was only my suspicion! Early Alsdorf discs look very simmilar to ICM releases. But anyway this discs looks fantastic! And in my opinion they are hard to find.

I wish to have one copy of Face Value, i hunting for Phil Collins and Genesis albums from a very long time and I never saw this issue before. So it must be rare!

13. RPhelps

swiss phil

Smooth - the liner notes say printed in USA - I picked it up used this past weekend. PM me and we will talk. :righton:

14. They are rare for two reasons:

- ICM's capacity isn't large compared to most of the big plants.
    - They didn't make a large amount of CDs for WEA - relative to the other main pressers (Alsdorf, PolyGram/PDO)

They are pretty neat looking!

15. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

Found a Paul Young album from this plant yesterday. Interesting looking CD with a kind of raised hub. Didn't buy it, mind you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.