Pink Floyd - Animals Deluxe Edition: (2018 remix Released Sept 2022)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jun 30, 2022.

1. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

IIRC, the new stereo mix is created first and subsequently spread out to multichannel.

Billy Infinity, obi, Sigma6 and 5 others like this.
  2. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Who is 'they'? Not James Guthrie

3. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

This Animals remix is growing on me more and more. At first I thought the drums were a bit too crisp, but I have come to realize they actually contribute in a very positive way.

4. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Without any evidence or even arguments to back that claim up, your post remains firmly ensconced in the category of BS.

The Bishop, obi, MikeManaic61 and 4 others like this.
  5. Pants Party

Pants Party MOSTLY PEACEFUL

[​IMG]

J_D__, aphexj, MikeVielhaber and 2 others like this.
  6. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Didn't someone in this thread call them "shoes in a washing machine" or something? :D
    :laugh:
    :D

Wait, someone beat me to it. And with yet another variation!
    That's Steven Wilson's approach. Do we know that Guthrie works like that too? In the case of DSOTM and WYWH, he didn't make new stereo mixes, so I don't find the assumption that unlikely. It should be easy to prove though, just rip the mix from the Blu-ray and fold it down...

Elmer McMuffin likes this.
  7. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

That simply isn’t how James Guthrie works. The stereo and multichannel mixes will have been prepared separately.

8. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

Mine arrived too, in a poly lined bag, from the UK Warner Music London, a perfect vinyl finally!!

...but...hemm...obviously the defective copies I returned were of the complete set, jacket, book, black bag and vinyl...I couldn't return only the vinyl to the sellers...so I don't have a jacket and book in my hands... I say so because WM sent me just the vinyl, no jacket and book...damn...a never ending story!!!
    Has this happened to you too?

Mrmojo likes this.
  9. 15bucks

15bucks Well-Known Member

5.1 blu ray sounds incredible, a definitive version for me. Vinyl has few pops at the begenning of side A

Dbstay and duneman like this.
  10. Mrmojo

Mrmojo Forum Resident

I kept my deluxe box set and replaced the vinyl

Giorgio likes this.
  11. CD Addict

CD Addict Bonus tracks? Yes, please.

If you’ve waited patiently for a deal on the “Animals” 2018 Vinyl, CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray box set, here’s your chance: $51.99 on Amazon at the moment. That will change- an amazing price cut!

12. ~dave~~wave~

~dave~~wave~ Forum Resident

History records this was already down to $56 at Amazon on day of release in October.
    Maybe the most reasonably priced Floyd release ever.
    It's my theory the price dropped as penance for making us wait four years to get it. ;)

13. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

Very happy to read on Discogs and here of repress copies starting to flow into the market. Looking forward to picking up a copy whenever they appear again on Amazon.

RockNRod, varyat and St. Troy like this.
  14. little wirez

little wirez Forum Resident

Not a fan of the 2018 mix. I believe if there is nothing wrong with the recipe, don't mix it any different. ☮️

john lennonist likes this.
  15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Pink Freud

It’s the New Coke of Animals mixes.

16. hefeman

hefeman Forum Resident

Never into new coke but I have been enjoying the surround mix.

17. theMot

theMot Forum Resident

Same. The only new Coke flavour I will ever want to know about is if they start putting cocaine in it again.

18. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Looks like the repress is back on Amazon...I ordered one.
    I really like this remix. Hope the pressing is better than the last 2 copies I wasted my money on :shake:

RockNRod and PDK like this.
  19. long gone john

long gone john Forum Resident

Never a huge fan of the album, I finally broke earlier in the week when the deluxe dropped to £39 at Amazon UK. Have to say that the remix has done the job for me - this version rocks now it’s been freed from the murk of the original mix. Very impressed.

20. kendo

kendo Forum Resident

I'm on my second LP of this release and now the CD has stopped working.
    I have had problems with the CD player (an old Arcam) but every other disc I've tried works no problem. The player won't even read the disc now despite no visible marks/damage.
    !xolloB

21. brfloydfan

brfloydfan Forum Resident

Oh, man... they should find another pressing plant. I'll check mine ASAP.

22. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

I'm very late to the party here, but decided to finally get the vinyl edition just a week ago (I waited because of the initial reports about bad pressings). It seems people are still experiencing problems, but mine is pretty much flawless, so I guess I'm in luck. I must say I'm blown away by the sound. This thing finally rocks, I would say the way it's supposed to, but who am I to judge. Anyhow, IMO this is a masterfull mix (and mastering). Everything is to the front, but somehow doesn't tip over and get too much. I would say "presence" is the key word here. Seriously, I doubt I'll be listening to the original mix much, if at all, anymore. Hats off, this one made sense!

23. theMot

theMot Forum Resident

Did yours come in a poly lined inner sleeve?

24. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Yes, it did. Mine was from a new batch they had just received the day before.

theMot likes this.
  25. theMot

theMot Forum Resident

Yep, the new ones are in a poly lined sleeve apparently. I need to get on that.

Nielsoe likes this.