Pink Floyd - Animals Deluxe Edition: (2018 remix Released Sept 2022)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jun 30, 2022.

1. dalecooper

dalecooper Forum Resident

Many people (and I include myself here) pop into these threads as briefly as possible to see if there's any new news, and when there isn't, we pop right back out. Reading every post in a multi-page thread full of griping is not on the agenda. So yeah, sometimes a lot of us don't know things that a lot of others of us knew a long time ago.

dman23, slipkid, Zeroninety and 4 others like this.
  2. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

It's good, but the original is excellent. Wish this new cover was a slipcase, revealing the original underneath. Still, I'll keep both LPs.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    andrewskyDE likes this.
  3. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Will be nice to have but crazy missed opportunity overall

4. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

5. Woger Warters

Woger Warters Forum Resident

Not sure which to get SACD or BRD.
    Any advice thanks?

6. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

Ok, that clarifies. Thanks

andrewskyDE and dkmonroe like this.
  7. 1@aTime

1@aTime Forum Resident

Get the Bluray. it also has the Hi-Res of the original '77 mix as well.

8. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Be VERY wary buying from this guy, I know some people have had a good experience including myself but some also including myself have had not so good experiences.

When he’s good you get good communication and delivery as promised. When he’s not so good as in my last 2/3 orders you either get your items several months late or not at all. For those none arrivals getting refunds can be protracted.

9. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

So the versions that will be release of this:
    CD only
    Vinyl only
    Blu Ray only
    Box set with everything

10. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

Ordered the blu-ray and the LP from ImportCDs ($47.46 for the two). They have the best price for me, with shipping to Japan at just $13 for those two, that postage fee also generously covering shipment of Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick LP (remix, 50th anniv.), due 6 weeks or so before the Animals releases, so to be shipped separately, I hope.

I'll listen to the 5.1 occasionally, but mainly the LP, I think. That's because I share the surround-sound amp with the rest of the family, esp. the wee lad who plays video games with it, whereas only I use the turntable, which I often use with headphones. Also, I only use 5.1 for music when the missus is out and I can crank it up!

I suppose the sound quality will be almost the same between the hi-res stereo on the blu-ray and on the LP, but this is an album that I want to have with the large cover. I also want to turn the record over, as it is definitely one of those classic records of two sides. Sometimes after listening to 'Dogs' you just need to sit or lie back for as long as it takes, then get up and turn the disc for 'Pigs'.

11. Woger Warters

Woger Warters Forum Resident

Thanks sir ;-)

Geordiepete likes this.
  12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

SACD also

ARK, D-rock, hutlock and 3 others like this.
  13. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

And besides 'everything' (save the SACD), the box set has a 32-page booklet with more photos from the original shoot (the shoot of the shoot!). Nice, but I just went for the LP and the blu-ray separately. The LP will have a decent booklet too, but probably more like the original, just a few pages, but with more colour, I think. The mock-up images make it look like the standalone LP booklet with have 8 pages.

D-rock and andrewskyDE like this.
  14. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

This is the same as the hires download if you already have that, right?

supermd likes this.
  15. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Senior Member

Tough choice. I always lean towards the SACD because it is guaranteed to just start playing when you insert it.
    No messy menu selections.

Galley, pfausto, tribby2001 and 3 others like this.
  16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

The hi-res audio files must be bit-identical, me thinks. Though the Blu-ray has 96kHz/24bit while the Qobuz hi-res audio was, I believe, 192kHz/24bit?

17. I'm hoping for a Jon Carin facebook post claiming he played all the Rhodes, Solinas, Clavinets, Hammonds, Moogs, Grand pianos and VCS3s of the '77 original. And *that's* when DG will upload the previously unreleased demos :p

(sorry. nevermind me.. nothing to see here.)

ARK, Gavaxeman, oneway23 and 12 others like this.
  18. Sgt. Abbey Road

Sgt. Abbey Road Forum Resident

Oh my goodness! I’d have never expected that they release the box set after the arguments between Roger and Dave. Yeahhhhh:agree::agree:

Geordiepete and andrewskyDE like this.
  19. savemenow

savemenow Forum Resident

As we know, money talks. According to Dylan "money doesn't talk, it swears"

20. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

I could buy the box, take out the cd and dvd, and put my Oakland bootleg in the empty slots. Maybe find extra space for my Animal Farm bootleg with studio sessions. That would make a cool version.

slipkid, Bosley, Baidur and 4 others like this.
  21. nodisco

nodisco Forum Resident

I'll probably buy the vinyl just for the sleeve, I think it's beautiful.
    Shame that they didn't include any bonus tracks.

Geordiepete likes this.
  22. bober99

bober99 Forum Resident

Anyone knows if the SACD will be only available on the Acoustic Sounds website ?

23. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

I wonder if they look at that item as an oddity that never should've existed; if we were discussing literature, if they'd say, "that's not canon." (Not that that has ruled out everything they've released).

24. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

Agree. But DSOTM was defective or became defective from the get go. I had to have mine replaced early on. No problem with replacement or any other bluerays.

JulesRules likes this.
  25. Tiptop22

Tiptop22 Forum Resident

Spot on, I'll second that. Not good.

sonnyrock and richierichie like this.