Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother to be released in Japan with bonus Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by NunoBento, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The quad mix is NOT included here Dennis.

Contents:
    <DISC 1: CD> Atom Heart Mother

1. Atom Heart Mother (Father's cry / Breast with plenty of milk / Mother fore / Disgusting sickness / Watch out for throat / Reproduce)
    2. Hello
    3. Summer '68
    4. Fat Old Sun
    5. Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast (Rise and Shine / Sunny Side Up / Morning Glory)

<DISC 2: Blu-ray Disc>

1. Atom Heart Mother (Hakone Aphrodite 1971)
    2. Scott & Watts (Hakone Aphrodite B-Roll <bonus video>)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    supernaut likes this.
  2. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

You are correct, my edit was used in TEY. IIRC, the audio on this new release is from Hakone.

anth67, shadlet, Lownote30 and 4 others like this.
  3. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Watched it yesterday, it was nice.

rontoon and Jerry Horne like this.
  4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Track 2 on the CD actually must be 'If', right?

5. Myke

That's a copy & paste from the Japanese site linked in the article, translated by Google.

JulesRules and andrewskyDE like this.
  6. walkonthewildside

walkonthewildside Forum Resident

Are Pink Floyd pretty popular in Japan? why is this exclusive?

c-eling likes this.
  7. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Peculiar was my thought on it.
    Wondering if there's a right's issue someone is skating around.

JeffMo, rontoon and walkonthewildside like this.
  8. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Thanks rontoon. A fine edit it is too.

rontoon and RAZORMADE like this.
  9. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

Plays fine. I live in Japan and my blu-ray player (Playstation 4 Pro) plays US blu-rays as well as Japanese ones. Can't play UK ones though, only US< Japanese, and region-free. The NTSC/PAL thing isn't an issue.

10. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

But they are beautifully enigmatic ... for those who don't read Japanese!

rontoon likes this.
  11. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

Maybe similar to the forthcoming Beatles in Tokyo 1966, with the NHK TV broadcast on DVD being legally sold in Japan.

c-eling likes this.
  12. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Is it? Wow. Is that just the one show or are both filmed showed (dark suits, light suits) being included?

13. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

Both shows on CD, at least: 30 June and 1 July 1966.

This is what the sales blurb says (after Google translated it):

The live album of the 1966 performance in Japan as part of the world tour in the activity history of the Beatles, the greatest artist in the history of rock music, has appeared!

・ Recorded the pattern of the 1st set on June 30th and July 1st in all 5 performances in Japan
    ・ The cover of "Hello Goodbye" released as an official photo book at that time is used for the jacket.
    ・ A DVD and a 30-page hardcover booklet photobook are included as ancillary benefits.
    ・ With handwritten serial number
    ・ English booklet translation / jacket design sticker included

Also, for the DVD, Amazon Japan says:

Disc 2
    DVD
    01. June 30, 1966 Nippon Budokan live video
    02. July 1, 1966 Nippon Budokan live video
    03. Documentary footage during stay in Japan

P.S. Apologies for being off topic.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    Six Bachelors likes this.
  14. Is only $60 US to Florida (from Amazon Japan ….Amazon.co.jp) and I got the MEGA JACKET edition which is 9.5” instead of the normal 7”…it is currently the #1 Rock selling title on Amazon Japan ….. the 7” is #3…better hurry before they sell out

hi_watt likes this.
  15. Hi Ron can you please update us all on this title in QQ…I’ve already started a thread there…some people are confused even myself…thanks in advance:)

rontoon likes this.
  16. Comes in 2 different sizes from Amazon Japan the normal 45 7” or MEGA JACKET 9.5” …MEGA JACKET exclusive to Amazon

17. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Was the 9.5” (24cm) the $60 to you? It appears the bigger one is at least $10 more

18. Farthingscat

Farthingscat Forum Resident

19. Farthingscat

I’m guessing it is given the link in the tittle?

Jack likes this.
  20. Myke

"Mega Jacket (24cm x 24cm)" is included as an Amazon.co.jp exclusive benefit.
    As the number is limited, please make a reservation as soon as possible.
    Historical new discovery! Miracle excavation! Video recording of the phantom "Hakone Aphrodite" that is now vividly revived!
    50th Anniversary of Pink Floyd's first performance in Japan "Hakone Aphrodite"! Miraculous Japan's original project-CD on 7-inch paper jacket of "Atom Heart Mother" and finally new discovery! From the original film 50 years ago A set of 2 discs that recorded the video of. "Pink Floyd's first ever Japanese original project" has been realized as a recording of Japanese original images and sound sources!
    ● 50th Anniversary of Japan's first outdoor rock festival “Hakone Aphrodite” held on August 6th and 7th,
    1971 The 16mm original film is finally discovered! The video of "Hakone Aphrodite", the first performance of the phantom pink floyd that is now vividly revived in Japan!
    ● Digitized from 16mm film using the latest technology, restored after 3 years & Remaster (The sound source also uses the live sound source of "Hakone Aphrodite")
    -In addition, the newly discovered B-roll-like "Scott & Watts" is also recorded as a bonus video! It is the first time in history that you can see the video when setting up Hakone Aphrodite!
    ● Released on August 4, 2021 (Wednesday), just before August 6 and 7, which marks the 50th anniversary of "Hakone Aphrodite"!
    Pink Floyd's first visit to Japan, a special package commemorating the 50th anniversary of Hakone Aphrodite
    ● Pink Floyd's first 7-inch paper jacket specification (reprint of the obi to commemorate the visit to Japan
    at that time )・ Includes 5 major benefits including a photo booklet! Includes 5 major benefits
    including a special booklet that can be said to be a documentary of Pink Floyd's first visit in 1971.
    ⓵ "Japan's original 60P special booklet full of unpublished photos)
    ⓶" Hakone Aphrodite pamphlet "reprint
    ⓷" Venue guide map leaflet "reprint
    ⓸" Osaka performance poster "reprint
    ⓹" Hakone Aphrodite ticket "reprint
    ● Digital booklet: "Recollection" Hakone Aphrodite 1971 ""
    (If you access from the address enclosed in the product, a special that contains testimonies, experiences, valuable secret stories, stories of blood, sweat and tears of Hakone Aphrodite officials and witnesses・ You can see the book)
    In the latter half of the 1960s, the Monterey Pop Festival and Woodstock were held overseas, and in 1971, many overseas artists came to Japan. Decided to hold a large-scale outdoor rock festival "Hakone Aphrodite". However, it is not well known that there were various difficulties and efforts to realize it, and great hardships ... Includes testimonies of people involved and witnesses at the time and stories of blood, sweat and tears. What was Pink Floyd's first visit to Japan in 1971? And what was the legendary "Hakone Aphrodite"? 50 years ago, Japanese rock fans first experienced the rock festival "Hakone Aphrodite". We will unravel from the stories of the people involved and reexamine the historical fact that the origins of Japanese rock festivals such as Fuji Rock and Summer Sonic were here.

Preamble (What is Japan's first outdoor rock festival Hakone Aphrodite?) ⓶ "Memorandum of" Hakone Aphrodite ""-Akinobu Kamebuchi (At that time All Night Nippon DJ / Aphrodite A stage progresser)
    ⓷ "Summer of 1971 ~ Legend of Aphrodite"- Naoki Tachikawa
    ⓸ "The excitement of seeing PINK FLOYD in front of you and the intense lingering sound that never awakens"
    -Masanori Ito ⓹ "Experience story of the 1971 Pink Floyd Osaka Festival Hall performance"
    Witness 1: Isao Matsui (former) Eventer, Producer) A 21-year-old college student at the time.
    Witness 2: Hideo Seko (former record company promotion) 19-year-old Ronin at the time.
    Witness 3: Yuichi Minami (currently Eventer) A 15-year-old high school student at the time.
    ⓺ "Recollection of" Hakone Aphrodite ""-Mitsunori Sasa (Deputy Director of Nippon Broadcasting System Production Department at that time / General Producer of Hakone Aphrodite Production)
    ⓻ "Secret story of naming" Aphrodite ""-Fumihiko Imura (Chief of Nippon Broadcasting
    System Division at that time) Concert Sound and Hakone Aphrodite "
    -Hiroaki Hibino (Chairman of the Board, Hibino Co., Ltd.) ⓽" Pink Floyd in 1971 "-Hiroyuki Ayuzawa
    ⓾ Postscript-Tetsuya Shiraki
    ■ Song
    [Disc1: CD]
    01: Atom Heart Mother
    a Father's Cry
    b Milky Breast
    c Mother Fore
    d:
    Annoying Koyashi e Be careful of your throat
    f: Reproduction
    02: If
    03: Summer '68
    04: Fat Old Sun
    05: Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast
    a Rise and Shine
    b Sunny Side Up
    c Morning Glory
    [Disc2: Blu-ray Disc]
    01: Atom Heart Mother (Hakone Aphrodite 1971)
    01: Scott & Watts (Hakone Aphrodite B-roll)
    * It will end as soon as the stock runs out.

Lost In The Flood and Jack like this.
  21. Yes it’s a few $$ more, not sure why it is listed at 6600 yen and got it for 6000 yen, ordered 3 copies for me and friends, but they don’t give volume discounts that I know of. If someone knows then please update :)

Also if you do translate on Google Chrome it will translate for you?

I also used a credit card that doesn’t charge you extra for foreign transaction fees….I’d suggest getting a card just for that purpose :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    hi_watt likes this.
  23. What I mean is that get yourselves a credit card that doesn’t charge you FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEES for anything you purchase in another country other than your own…there are plenty to choose from

24. Farthingscat

Thanks ordered!

25. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

Thanks for this. It is in the early years box but it’s been cleaned up considerably on this new release. I just watched it from my box set and could tell right away that this new release looks way better.

So you all getting the 9 in version or 7 in version?