Pink Floyd DSOTM-Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by dbz, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident

Me too :agree:

2. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

At least its only $10 shipping eh? ;)

3. Russ

Russ Outlaw

If it does sell I'm gonna put up two.

If they were getting $500.00 I'd be selling them...

4. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Just think, if they're selling for 2 grand now, in 5 years it'll be ....:D

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I should start posting prices on my web site just to mess with people. ;)

6. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

This is the thing that always slays me. If you're going to sell something for $500 or more, why can't you eat the relatively tiny cost of shipping? It "plays" better on an expensive auction if the shipping is included - at least that's my take on it.

I've only sold a couple big ticket items on eBay, but each time I threw in FedEx overnight, fully-insured shipping. Just seemed like the right thing to do. :righton:

7. rburly

Most people who sell things at high prices with insured Fed Ex shipping included. I don't get it either. :shrug:

8. LesPaul666

LesPaul666 Mr Markie - The Rock And Roll Snarkie

Some of these people have Delusions of Grand-Jury.;)

First with greed of selling something like this for that much money. Second, for not including the shipping! I have a feeling this will invite all sorts of bad company to the auction. I tend to believe in karma.:D So much can go wrong on his end with this, if he gets a dishonest buyer.

9. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident

I just got a reply from Mr Chung about why the listing closed and he said he got a VERY good offer.

Some super fan left a very high price to want me to consider that sold gives him,He wants me to cancel the auction,
    thanks
    mr chung

- chung197

10. LesPaul666

:biglaugh:

That *is* classic!;)

11. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Whats a Super Fan? Should this be a new thread? How do I become one....

:D

12. rburly

Just to put an ending to this story (I should have done it yesterday), I know the 'person' selling this and it was an extremely bad joke.

He and his friend have been trying to make a point for a few months now, but are really bad at it. Nuff said.

13. LesPaul666

Mr. Chung was trying to make a point? Could you elaborate?;)

14. KeithH

So he told you one thing and Christian something else?

15. rburly

I'm not saying what Christian got was wrong.

I know who he is and what he did was a bad joke.

16. KeithH

So, did chung post this auction just to cause a stir, meaning to get people talking? On the one hand, he may actually get someone to buy it at that price. If so, more power to him. The more likely outcome is that he develops the reputation as the Mymusicfix of early pressings. No attention is better than negative attention.

17. rburly

I'll just say that it was done for the attention. So, yeah, Keith, that's the deal.

18. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

His shop really does have quite a few rarities listed, and the prices I saw there were not outrageous.

Perhaps not extreme bargains, but not outrageous...

19. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

What he did is smart in one way is it got tons of people from this forum to check out his other auctions :D

20. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

Yes - and, many (most?) people checking out the info on these Forums are here via Google. Not as members. Signing in is not necessary to read any of the Music or Hardware posts. Nor to search. I think that explains some of the outrageous price increases lately. Maybe chung's joke was to make a point?

Btw, that's how I found this site years ago - and I lurked, and lurked before joining. Had I been a seller of cd's, I might have used the info to hike prices sky high before becoming a member.

21. dbz

dbz Bolinhead. Thread Starter

So why not let the auction run to conclusion? Maybe a "superfan" might have bid before the end? Or is he perpetrating the myth that these can be sold (because he has a few stashed away) for such money? Does he still claim someone bought it?

22. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

I'm not laughing. I would never do business with someone who pulls stunts and essentially can't be trusted. To me, this seller seems childish and manipulative. And if Ebay caught wind of it they would not be amused. It raises questions about all his auctions - are they being manipulated? Being 'bid up' artificially by friends of his? Creating doubts about your integrity is not a good strategy.

23. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

The majority of his stuff is BIN so they are not being "bid up" by anyone.

:agree: Nothing illegal was done here and guaranteed it caused many more visits to his store. :laugh:

24. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

He has some rare stuff from time to time. I would not say his prices are out-of-line, although they are high. I have ordered from him when I absolutely could not find something anywhere else, and his merch has been as described. I think that he was hoping someone might bite at that DSOTM though.

25. KeithH

He is a hard guy to figure. He will post certain nice discs for $40-50 and then others that I consider comparable in rarity and demand for over $100. I don't always see logic in his prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.